Sign in to follow this  
Skeesh

Pc freezing for 30 or so seconds every now and again

Skeesh

I've been dealing with this issue since November, and this is the main reason why I haven't been playing PUBG as much. The issue is that whenever playing Pubg it can freeze, and whenever it does, Event Viewer will log an error #129. Here is a screenshot of it https://imgur.com/a/Jx2Nb  I don't know what the issue is, and I have been trying everything to resolve it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You.

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by Skeesh

ScubaSteve82103

Do you have the most current bios for your mobo?

Skeesh

nope, ill flash it and get back with an update

=ThinkGreen=

first thing that comes to my mind, is your hard drive..

i suggest you run a scan you check if your hard drive needs a formating soon..so it could be a good thing to make a backup in case.

Also, try a different SATA port on your motherboard in case some soldering are starting to get old.

And, are you leaving plugged a new usb device or new Sata device that you where not usually using?

TopCat

What is the brand/model of ur hard drive/faulty HDD? 

(Sticking actuating arm. My father broke open my HDD with a mini-crowbar & showed me, i can use the crowbar to open his coffin...the word "DIED" comes to mind, lol  :P ).

Edited by TopCat

Skeesh

I've flashed my motherboard, and I haven't seen the issue recently. Thanks alot for the information. My hdd is getting old, and I plan on replacing it this summer because I feel like that could be the next thing to go.

Trunkz Jr
On 2/18/2018 at 7:22 PM, Skeesh said:

I've flashed my motherboard, and I haven't seen the issue recently. Thanks alot for the information. My hdd is getting old, and I plan on replacing it this summer because I feel like that could be the next thing to go.

Yeah we had this issue with choppers computer where it would randomly just freeze at least 1-2 times a day in total, and when it froze it would lock the internet (I would lose internet connection, TV would lose its signal), until we hit the power button on her computer which would then fix it. We just did the flash bios update on her motherboard (ASUS P8P67 DELUXE) and so far it hasn't frozen yet, it's a good sign so far. I have the exact same computer as her (i7 2600k) just different video cards but my bios seemed to be more updated than hers and I've never had this freezing problem, her CPU was also constantly at 100% usage which the bios update seemed to fix as well now she gets like 40+ more frames while playing. So anyone else reading this problem go to your bios (if you are hitting delete and it's not entering the bios, try an older keyboard since hers is new and not letting her hit delete to enter bios) and with a simple flash stick put the bios update on it (I think you have to format the stick to fat32) and try to install, if the latest update doesn't work try an older one if yours is still much older (like factory version) you can always type in your windows 10 search bar msinfo and you'll see the bios date.

ScubaSteve82103

Glad the bios flash is working, did you by chance read the release notes for the update and see if the issue was corrected per that?