Sign in to follow this  
Prometheuss

Is this game worth buying?

Prometheuss

Sorry if it's been asked! 

But, is the game worth the price tag? Is it a load of fun, or another wash out game that won't go anywhere :soldier:

• Like 1

HornyHornet

Mr @Maverick V6 can tell you all about it.

I enjoy it with allot of other members. It gets updates all the time and has allot to offer. If your into FPS and realism then yes.

Plagueis

I just got the game last night.  Been playing the offline mode solo to get use to the map.  Started with learning the factory and will play online mode today :)  So far it seems fun, guess they are coming out with more updates since its still a beta game.  But for a beta it's pretty decent. I don't play a whole lot of games but I'd recommend getting EFT. 

Maverick V6

@Prometheuss

I have been playing this game for well over a year now.  It is personally a game that I have always wanted.  I've been playing FPS games since the very beginning with the likes of RainboSix, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, COD, Battlefield, Splinter cell, etc. I have enjoyed those games over the years of course but as I have become older my tastes have also evolved and I now seek well put together hardcore shooters.  Escape from Tarkov is a solid mix between a few games: Stalker, Arma, and DayZ.  It is a cruel game at times, but that is also the reason for coming back to it excitedly over and over again. Let's be frank: there are bugs, desync, and issues with the game.  This is an early access title. For being in 'closed beta' it is a well crafted Beta. We are in a time of its development phase where we will be getting lots of content over the coming months. Lots of things will change. It will become harder and more realistic. The weapon customization is second to none in any FPS game out there (in a realistic fashion). Fighting mechanics and gameplay is also second to none. I actually have a hard time finding a drive/desire to play any other FPS or TPS due to how well this game does it. All other titles feel too casual. 

Keep in mind that any pre-order package will get you instant access to EFT. Even the $30-45 standard edition. I would recommend that if you are unsure if you will enjoy this game to buy the standard edition. You at any point can upgrade your game to any of the other game editions available at the time and pay the difference for the game bundles. If you are still reserved, there will be an 'open beta' over the next few months.  You can always wait till then. 

If you have other questions feel free to come and talk  to us in TeamSpeak . We will be happy to answer any questions you have. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Vex

I mean, i like it... i just suck at it :cryingmeme:

Kedzie

It's hella addicting. 

Sergacuse

I ain't the greatest, but this game makes me want to rage and get better. Great game! Worth every penny.

Prometheuss

Sounds great. The only games I've played that was some what military sim is America's Army PG, and BF4. I'll pick it up when I get paid and give it a go! 

Grap3Ap3
On 2/11/2018 at 2:04 PM, Kedzie said:

It's hella addicting. 

Truth!

0xygenthief

The only game I have spent $140 on and one of the few I haven't regretted purchasing.  I purchased the standard edition and within two weeks upgraded to the edge of darkness edition because it is so good.  Like others, I suck at it, but want to get better.  It is sooooo addictive.

You can see, from what is exposed in the game by the devs, that they have "end game" concepts already in place, content to come later once it goes gold no doubt.

As a comparison, I spent $60 on Destiny 2 because all my friends told me they wanted to get a group together.  Peer pressure being what it is I purchased the game, played for 2 weeks solid, beat the Raid and had my character to the highest level it could go... IN TWO WEEKS!  I haven't touched it since.  I truly regret buying that game.

This game is a sleeper.  There is a growing following but it hasn't exploded yet.  It will once it goes open beta for a weekend or weeklong event as they prep for going gold.

I can't remember who it was that said this but it fits...  "Tarkov gives you the same adrenaline rush that players get with PUBG when they find themselves in the final 10 players, only it starts the moment you spawn with Tarkov."

I say it is worth the money. 

• Like 1