Maverick V6

Temporary Lockable Channels

Maverick V6

We have decided to trial the ability for our EFT player base that are members and above to have access to creating temporary user limited channels.  We will evaluate how this is working and will adjust accordingly.  Everything is subject to change and we may decide to remove this ability at any time. 

Follow the format below and do NOT abuse these privileges or this channel will be revoked. DO NOT create a temporary channel unless you have a team assembled. If you want to find more members then join the "Looking For Group" channel. We don't need 5+ temporary channels with one person in it.

**All community and TeamSpeak rules apply. Sherpas have full access to all temporary channels if needed. Be respectful. Enjoy!**

- Right-Click this Channel
- Select "Create Sub-Channel"
- Go to "Advanced" Tab
- Under Max Users, Select "Limited" Radial
- Enter Max Users Desired
- Name Channel Appropriately ("Duo", "Trio", "Quad")

Keep in mind that after you create this temporary channel your 'SCAV/PMC/Sherpa' server group will be removed and you will become the channel administrator for that channel only. You will still be limited from adjusting anything we have not granted you access to changing.  Any other guest/member that joins should have their respective EFT server group tags.  Once all parties leave the channel, it will be automatically removed. The channel administrator will be able to adjust their user limits over time without having to create a separate channel. Simply edit your current temporary channel. Please remember to adjust the name of that channel. 

ezgif-1-aa479ea6d7.gif.2f02f284e67a3aea83b1e0f868dad6aa.gif

Please advise me if there are any issues.  
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ninegenerals

AWESOME! Now friends and I can play without someone screaming why they died for the 100th time or talking randomly about streamer/ another game. Awesome idea!

Arthur

This is an excellent idea, thanks Maverick and team on deciding to do this. I hope the community employs this privilege correctly.

XpRsSn

Small update from my point of view. 

Although being against it at first I can see the benefits of these channels. 

What i do wish to point out: some captains/sherpa's join these channels looking for a group to raid with. We do have this power but don't do that. It completely destorys the use of those channels. We should only be doing this if we get a complaint or the name of the channel isn't appropriate. 

R2,
On 11-2-2018 at 7:33 AM, Maverick V6 said:

We don't need 5+ temporary channels with one person in it.

I was about to ask if it is allowed to make a channel specifically for when you are waiting for someone to trade with. It can make it easier and less of a hassle to spot someone your looking for, especially if the teamspeak is busy with people changing channels and such. Also it happens often that when you are in an escape team to do a trade others come in looking to raid. And that's okay in generall, I like the chatter but it can be the wrong time like when your in a hurry. Or sometimes the chatter and people connecting/disconnecting can be an unwanted distraction when just discussing trade specifics, or a distraction while bringing high value items into a raid.

Now while typing this I was thinking it may be an idea to set up a small trading area. For example one waiting room and one channel in which you are able to create subchannels. I'm thinking of having the ability to create subchannels since then it only takes up as much space in TS as it is used.

Maverick V6
7 hours ago, R2, said:

I was about to ask if it is allowed to make a channel specifically for when you are waiting for someone to trade with.

This is allowed. But don't create channels such as: "WTS X for X" or "Free 60 Rd mags" etc. Once you have a plan to proceed with a trade then you may create a temp channel to conduct that transaction as to not be bothered by other members/guests.  Once transaction is complete the channel should be left unless you plan to use it as outlined above.

• Like 1