Snipetrocity

Whats the Best Antivirus For gaming?

Snipetrocity

Been using Norton for the longest time. What are the best one's to get for a gaming PC?

Vex
On 2/8/2018 at 10:55 AM, SkullCracker said:

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. You don't need anything else but those two.

this, without a doubt. Anything else just eats up precious resources. 

• Like 1

Odiua

I just use Windows Defender on my gaming PC, on my other PC's and laptops i use Bitdefender. Never ran into any problems with either of them. 

• Like 1

Snipetrocity

I'm trying out bitdefender see how it works & i'm trying out Malwarebytes but when im using it the Real-Time Protection is off so when i click it to turn it off, it turn back off. I think the bitdefender is blocking it mybe?

SkullCracker
1 hour ago, Snipetrocity said:

I'm trying out bitdefender see how it works & i'm trying out Malwarebytes but when im using it the Real-Time Protection is off so when i click it to turn it off, it turn back off. I think the bitdefender is blocking it mybe?

All you need is Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and that's it. They work great together and wouldn't bother using anything else.

SkullCracker

Windows Defender free, Malwarebytes is $59.99 a year and can be put on up to 10 devices. Those two are the best one-two punch you can have on your PC. Windows Defender also doesn't come with all that bloatware like every other AV does. It's kept simple just like Malwarebytes which is why I use it. I bought into Malwarebytes before they become big. So I own a lifetime key which is funny. Everyone laughed and said all ya need is Nortons on your PC, I laughed and said no that's not true. Now those who laughed are paying every year for Malwarebytes. Suggestion, save yourself some money and just use Windows Defender with Malwarebytes backing it up.

https://www.howtogeek.com/225385/what’s-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10-is-windows-defender-good-enough/

I've run this in the past but still prefer using WD.

Made in Germany which is one reason I like them.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/pricing/

Edited by SkullCracker
  • Like 1

ProphetBeal

I gave up on Norton years ago and moved myself over to Bitdefender Free. Aside from the occasional oddity, like when it decided to stop letting Steam launch, it's been pretty solid.  I've got nothing against Windows Defender...but i do tend to procrastinate on when I let windows update run, so I use something that runs outside of the Windows ecosystem.  

• Like 1

Jatt

top 2 r best Bitdefender or kaspersky

they sometimes offer 100$ for 3 year all in one (PC+MAC+android)

i paid kaspersky for 3 yrs for 100 before that bitdefender

CA8OOS3

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes has been proven to be one of if not the best setup for gaming. If you are not visiting the dark web and shit Windows Defender does a great job with Malwarebytes handling most of the work.

Take this video made by Linustechtips they explain that Antivirus maintains older virus protection (which windows defender is more than able to take care of) whereas Anti-Malware such as Malwarebytes handles more trendy or day 0 exploits.

if I remember correctly on one of their WAN shows they explained their office only uses Windows Defender and Malwarebytes because if you are not doing crazy shit on the internet it’s really all you need

• Like 2

ProphetBeal
On 2/8/2018 at 1:55 PM, SkullCracker said:

So after installing Windows 10 a few weeks ago this was the direction I went. So far so good :vaultboy1:

• Like 1

Red.Dot
On 2/8/2018 at 1:55 PM, SkullCracker said:

This is by far one of the best set ups. I've been using Bitdefender only cause it was free for a year through my company. Wil go back to malwarebytes after. 

• Like 1