Odiua

Beards of UWS

Odiua

I've been growing my beard for the past 2 years but finally decided to shave it off today. Does any here share my passion for facial hair and if so what finally makes you shave it off?

Prometheuss

There's a word for men without beards... women.. Lol, but I enjoy facial hair. Looks more mature and better, when groomed. 

Odiua
17 minutes ago, Prometheuss said:

There's a word for men without beards... women.. Lol, but I enjoy facial hair. Looks more mature and better, when groomed. 

Lol, i feel the same way, but it became unbearable to eat without my eating most of my facial hair in the process. 

Trunkz Jr
3 hours ago, Prometheuss said:

Then what do you call a woman with a beard :confused:

5a6744792ce167b82d764e64e4ae2354--beards

Rin
1 hour ago, Trunkz Jr said:

@YchopperY is that you?

Brien

Until I was 21 I really never grew anything out and then for no shave november I said fuck it and let it grow until late december. I trimmed it down to maybe 1/16" and hated what I saw and do not see a reason why to not have a beard anymore and i keep it nice and trimmed. I see old pictures without a beard and i cringe

• Like 1

Snipetrocity

wtf? :rick: lol

Edited by Snipetrocity

4F73RM47H
3 hours ago, Brien said:

Until I was 21 I really never grew anything out and then for no shave november I said fuck it and let it grow until late december. I trimmed it down to maybe 1/16" and hated what I saw and do not see a reason why to not have a beard anymore and i keep it nice and trimmed. I see old pictures without a beard and i cringe

Ya same thing happened to me although I always rocked the 5 o'clock shadow look until about a year ago(28 at the time) when I grew it out and realized I don't have a chin without one...needless to say i'll never not have a beard again. I look back at my old pics and think to myself....how did I ever get laid. 

prs.gif

• Haha 2

Prometheuss
15 hours ago, Trunkz Jr said:

I would call that mom? 

lmao

Sergacuse

Well I mean...... A beard is an ugly man's makeup. So I have a beard.

THOU SHALT NOT SHAVE

:D

ProphetBeal

I usually keep my beard as long as possible. That being said I will shave once a year at the request of my grandma (normally around big family gatherings). The fact that my wife hates when I'm clean shaven also helps

• Thanks 1

Prometheuss
44 minutes ago, ProphetBeal said:

I usually keep my beard as long as possible. That being said I will shave once a year at the request of my grandma (normally around big family gatherings). The fact that my wife hates when I'm clean shaven also helps

This. My wife to be never thought she'd date a guy with a beard, but now she actually gets upset when I shave, which is never, but still. 

• Like 1

AllDayJose

In the winter I go full beard trimmed and straight. summer I'm more of a goat guy. I never ever EVER shave it off. Ill trim it down to a 3 if and when my wife tells me it tickles... :disdain:

Com}{rade
On 2/7/2018 at 10:50 AM, Prometheuss said:

Frank says hi. He's curious on how you and your beard are fairing in the wilderness of 1865... oh wait. :pepe:

Frank-Sinatra.jpg

I'm a slow grower, but I'm glad for it. Would never want a full on beard myself, I prefer the clean look and actually enjoy lathering up and using my merkur safety razor. Though some dudes just look legit as hell with a trimmed beard because their face was meant for it. Mine certainly wasn't. If anything, it just bothers my skin and makes it more irritated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vex

I wish i could grow out a beard.... Maybe one day the Navy will bring back beards....

XpRsSn

I can grow an amazing beard when I let it grow. But the wife doesn't like it and she has very sensitive skin, even with a little stubble will give here a red skin for days... But I do take pride in shaving. So nice safety razors, Silvertip Badger brush, good soap and the likes. Might even give shaving with a straight razor a try someday. But I take about 20 minutes to shave. And that's just 2 passes.

• Like 1

Plagueis

Talking about beards here's commie pic, looking all professional and shit.

Bearded-man-feature-1170x600.jpg

BaD_Karma_701

Have had a beard since 09, started growing it once I got out of the army and started as a roughneck drilling wells.  cant grow it  longer then 3-4inches with out it being bothersome even with brushing and oil.  Some ladies love it especially when its soft with the oil and brushing some  prefer clean shaven.. 

I can say that in the army i had a baby face..  

Edited by BaD_Karma_701

Com}{rade
8 hours ago, XpRsSn said:

I can grow an amazing beard when I let it grow. But the wife doesn't like it and she has very sensitive skin, even with a little stubble will give here a red skin for days... But I do take pride in shaving. So nice safety razors, Silvertip Badger brush, good soap and the likes. Might even give shaving with a straight razor a try someday. But I take about 20 minutes to shave. And that's just 2 passes.

My man! Switched to a merkur safety razor w/ feather blades and never looked back. I feel bad for the plebs that never get to experience a good lather and shave with a brush/soap. I envy you though, my skin couldn't handle a straight razor, it's sensitive AF.

source.gif

• Thanks 1

XpRsSn
On 14-2-2018 at 7:52 AM, Com}{rade said:

My man! Switched to a merkur safety razor w/ feather blades and never looked back. I feel bad for the plebs that never get to experience a good lather and shave with a brush/soap. I envy you though, my skin couldn't handle a straight razor, it's sensitive AF.

source.gif

You could use a pre-shave oil. It sort of "lubricates" your skin so the blade glides easier and does less damage to the skin. 

I haven't used a straight razor yet but I might do that in the future. But that's such an art not cutting your head off while shaving. A safety razor doesn't do that. You can still cut yourself to shit if you rush it tho. 

This is my razor and I use Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream. Damn does that shit smell good. 

Razor.jpeg