Sign in to follow this  
R0NI

New amd processor incoming!

R0NI

What do you guys think about the new AMD zen+ processor that's coming I've heard that they have put really much effort to it! Looking forward to April so I can buy one! Tell me your opinions I'd really like to hear them! :smile01:

imglop.com_.jpg

=ThinkGreen=

wrong forum section :shut-mouth:

Trunkz Jr

Never really done AMD before, always been an Intel fan, so not sure what series Intel is doing to complete with the Zen

• Like 2

ScubaSteve82103

I have been reading about the Ryzen 5 2400g and I am pretty impressed with it so far. 

You get a decent quad core and decent 1080p gaming for $170. Sounds pretty solid to me. Gaming is only going to get better the more the gpu drivers are optimized.

You can get CPU/Mobo Combos for $220. If ram wasn't so obnoxious right now you could have a very capable 1080p gaming computer for cheap.

Jatt

am thinking buying new PC this year my budget is tight so maybe i go for AMD or i wait next year Ryzen 2

D3ATHSCOPE

AMD + Zen + Gaming = FPS OVERLOAD !!!

Main Selling Point - HYPERTHREADING !!!

BangshotN
Posted (edited)

Ever since my first pc, which had an AMD cpu, I've never thought about buying an AMD cpu again. The pc was just HORRIBLE, I don't know if it was the cpu's fault but still. Don't really like AMD. I stick to Intel, in my opinion they have some more expensive products but better quality. EDIT: Most of the high end Intel cpu's beat the high end AMD cpu's in benchmarks (even less expensive ones from intel).

Edited by BangshotN

dragonslayer0531

I've been considering getting an AMD CPU for my next build.  With Ryzen, everything looked really good, especially the performance per dollar.  The main reason I have been holding out is the fact that AMD CPUs are still space heaters, and I don't want the water in my loop to boil.

Brien

AMD? Bet you like 1-ply toilet paper too lol

BangshotN
3 hours ago, dragonslayer0531 said:

I've been considering getting an AMD CPU for my next build.  With Ryzen, everything looked really good, especially the performance per dollar.  The main reason I have been holding out is the fact that AMD CPUs are still space heaters, and I don't want the water in my loop to boil.

Just get an Intel CPU and join the team :P . I would go for the I7-8700K, It's a relatively cheap CPU if you look at the high end CPU's from Intel but it performs very well in benchmarks. If you're not willing to spend more than 1000$ on an I9, this would definetely be my choice. https://ark.intel.com/products/126684/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-4_70-GHz Here is a benchmark of the I7 8700-K compared to a similar (in price range) AMD CPU: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3937vs3916

dragonslayer0531

I'm already on team blue. i7-6700k in my current build.  It really is gonna depend on what the CPU market looks like when I build my next rig (probably gonna be another year or two).

BangshotN
9 minutes ago, dragonslayer0531 said:

I'm already on team blue. i7-6700k in my current build.  It really is gonna depend on what the CPU market looks like when I build my next rig (probably gonna be another year or two).

The i7-6700K is the predecessor of the 8700K. The technology market in general changes A LOT in two years. Look at the GPU prices because of them damn cryptocurrency miners, hope those prices will lower a bit so I can finally buy a new GPU.

dragonslayer0531

Oh yeah! I want to get an affordable 8 core so I can do some more streaming, and right now only AMD is really offering that unfortunately.

BangshotN
51 minutes ago, dragonslayer0531 said:

Oh yeah! I want to get an affordable 8 core so I can do some more streaming, and right now only AMD is really offering that unfortunately.

8-core CPU's from Intel are indeed expensive :/. If you would buy one, the Intel Core i7-7820X is good for video editting, streaming etc. But they're indeed very expensive. In that case if you're really looking for an 8 core CPU, you'd be better of with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700x. It costs way less but still performs pretty good and has 8 cores.

dragonslayer0531

That is the one I have been looking at, but it will probably be a purchase for after a graduate from university.  Still have to focus on school.