Totally Ape

Is this allowed?

Totally Ape

Hi,

I don't want to cast unwarranted aspersions on a player but could someone tell me if this is allowed (please see picture). The player I was just shot by seemed to have dots showing all other players on their mini map.

Happy to be corrected if its all ok.

thanks

2018-01-27 (Small).png

Rin

Yes this is normal on spectate mode you can see all enemy locations... If he had cheats you wouldn't be able to see them yourself anyway as they are only visible to the cheater.

Totally Ape

Ok cool. I’ll stop feeling robbed then and start berating myself for blindly running accross a field. Thanks. 

raingod

So you can spectate someone that is not in your party?   Didn't think that was possible.   Now, the mini map is your mini map based on your position, or someone in your party that you may be spectating.  If someone is hacking, you should see what they see.

@Rin, when spectating someone in your party, no it doesn't show where the enemy locations are otherwise people would call you the locations to their teammates.

@Totally Ape, are you sure that you were not reviewing the death cam because you cannot spectate anyone outside your party; other than keeping your screen there and looking at your body being looted?  

• Like 1

Rin
11 minutes ago, raingod said:

So you can spectate someone that is not in your party?   Didn't think that was possible.   Now, the mini map is your mini map based on your position, or someone in your party that you may be spectating.  If someone is hacking, you should see what they see.

@Rin, when spectating someone in your party, no it doesn't show where the enemy locations are otherwise people would call you the locations to their teammates.

@Totally Ape, are you sure that you were not reviewing the death cam because you cannot spectate anyone outside your party; other than keeping your screen there and looking at your body being looted?  

This makes more sense, I thought he was doing solo or something and he was seeing a spectator screen i have not played the past couple of months pubg.

frankieg92

this look's to me like is was death cam as the dots do show up on there.And it could also be on replay review.

Not 100% on this as i don't play Solo a lot but can you spectate after you die on solo witch could also be the explanation for this picture

but i agree with Rin on the cheat's side cheats like ESP Aimbot etc are client side so would only show up for them.Not us we just have to look for the tell tail signs either on death cam or replay.

Edited by frankieg92

raingod

@Rin, just re-read my post, ,you should have called me out on my grammar!

Totally Ape

Sorry, to clarify this was death cam. I’ve noticed it again since so it’s all good. 

Rin
1 hour ago, raingod said:

@Rin, just re-read my post, ,you should have called me out on my grammar!

No worries, :D

AllDayJose

Burn the Hacker, ask questions later.