Sign in to follow this  
Galileo007

Looking for opinions on DayZ Standalone

Galileo007   
Galileo007

So first off I'm new to UWS so if this isn't the right spot for this or I've messed something up, just give me a heads up.

From what I can see there is a community here for the game, and I want to know what you think of it. I was very interested in the DayZ concept from videos I've seen of people playing the mod version. But everything I had heard of the full game led me to believe it was horrible. Reviews by people on YouTube and on Steam basically make it out to be unplayable, and I was stunned to see we even had a community for it.

But I also own No Man's Sky, and despite it having a very negative reception I enjoy playing it. I think it might be possible that DayZ has it's own antihype loud enough to drown out people who actually like it. So I want your opinion, what do you personally think of the game? And do think progress is still being made towards a 1.0 release?

• Like 1

Rocky.Fx   
Rocky.Fx
17 hours ago, Galileo007 said:

So first off I'm new to UWS so if this isn't the right spot for this or I've messed something up, just give me a heads up.

From what I can see there is a community here for the game, and I want to know what you think of it. I was very interested in the DayZ concept from videos I've seen of people playing the mod version. But everything I had heard of the full game led me to believe it was horrible. Reviews by people on YouTube and on Steam basically make it out to be unplayable, and I was stunned to see we even had a community for it.

But I also own No Man's Sky, and despite it having a very negative reception I enjoy playing it. I think it might be possible that DayZ has it's own antihype loud enough to drown out people who actually like it. So I want your opinion, what do you personally think of the game? And do think progress is still being made towards a 1.0 release?

I think DayZ is a good game despite what others say, Every journey is different and you dont know what to expect.

Amazing community servers have been made for us to play, I personally play a server called The village which has rules unique to that server. Here is a video of this server and how fun it can be: 

Personally i think you will love it and if you do your more than  welcome to play with us :)

• Like 1

frankieg92   
frankieg92

this server looks fun i might just have to re install DayZ and jump on not played it in about a year so i would be like a noob all over again.

• Like 1

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

When the next update hits which will bring loads of changes you will find so many people playing it again. I know i will be 

• Like 1

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

We are also going to get our own server 

• Like 2

frankieg92   
frankieg92
9 minutes ago, HornyHornet said:

ohhhh sound good will definitely download this again any ETA on the server ?

• Like 1

Rocky.Fx   
Rocky.Fx

I cant wait for the new update!

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet
1 hour ago, frankieg92 said:

ohhhh sound good will definitely download this again any ETA on the server ?

As soon as the update hits

• Like 2

Snipetrocity   
Snipetrocity
On 1/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, HornyHornet said:

That will be great! If we do get a server like that. I will apply for admin to help out. I will start recording video's for my channel and have some fun.

• Like 1

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet
9 hours ago, Snipetrocity said:

That will be great! If we do get a server like that. I will apply for admin to help out. I will start recording video's for my channel and have some fun.

Before we shut down our server we was in the top 20 top servers for DayZ. :)

• Like 1

Snipetrocity   
Snipetrocity
14 hours ago, HornyHornet said:

Before we shut down our server we was in the top 20 top servers for DayZ. :)

we you all shut down?

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr
3 hours ago, Snipetrocity said:

we you all shut down?

We were in the top 5 USA servers, we shut it down because while we had pubbers on it, not too many members were playing it many were enjoy newer games and figured to wait until the DayZ Beta came out so rather than use member donations to pay for the public to enjoy we shut it down, once the Beta comes out will probably get one back again.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:12 PM, Galileo007 said:

I'd purchase DayZ before the Beta comes out, will probably go up in price. When you get a group together it's really fun - takes time to loot up but you have a certain fear of not dying compared to other games, getting shot at and you are new to the game will get your heart pumping.

• Like 1

Snipetrocity   
Snipetrocity

i wouldent spend money on it now. the game still needs a lot of work. I think the game died off.

JBox88   
JBox88

Personally I feel the game is dead, though I really hope it isn't. The whole building and survival in a open world map is something I would still love to play. But they have too much left undone and it has taken them too long to even get to the point where they're at now. With games such as Player unknown, Escape from Tar, and similar coming out, I doubt we will ever get an actually fully completed (per their original promises) Dayz. :excruciating:

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

Have faith.  If you check my recent thread from their last update you can see all the changes they have made. We may just be in luck!

• Like 1

Odiua   
Odiua

I play casually with a group of friends, where we hunt other groups and try to take hostages, it's pretty hectic and fun!

Rocky.Fx   
Rocky.Fx
On 22/01/2018 at 8:59 PM, Odiua said:

I play casually with a group of friends, where we hunt other groups and try to take hostages, it's pretty hectic and fun!

Yeah DayZ can be so much fun!

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

I have a few youtube videos of us i may put up

RagnarBuliwyf   
RagnarBuliwyf

I've always enjoyed SA. I usually return for 30-40 hours after each patch as it's enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the new animations. 

I played a lot with Aftermath Roleplaying server on DayZ:SA. It was a 1pp only private hive and had a lot of fun active admins there. Always made for interesting games. 

• Like 1

Baengshot   
Baengshot

A friend and I are about to start playing. Not sure how well playing on US servers will go (latency, we're in EU), but we will give it a go.

If anyone is interested in teaming up with us, you are more than welcome. We are first-time players. I tried DayZ SA for the first time yesterday, and I have not played the mod.

The only other game I play is Tarkov, so I got time for some DayZ, as well.

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr
6 hours ago, Baengshot said:

A friend and I are about to start playing. Not sure how well playing on US servers will go (latency, we're in EU), but we will give it a go.

If anyone is interested in teaming up with us, you are more than welcome. We are first-time players. I tried DayZ SA for the first time yesterday, and I have not played the mod.

The only other game I play is Tarkov, so I got time for some DayZ, as well.

If you play on TS3 just make sure to be in the DayZ Channel, I can help bring in more people just let me know the server you are playing on even if it's euro.

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

If people are playing again and have a server, Hit me up and ill group with you