wetredneck

UWS Gaming Community Charity Raffle

UWS Gaming Community Charity Raffle  

108 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which charity are we gonaing to fund raise for?

• National coalition of homeless veterans
    • British legion
    • Doctors without boarders
    • World medical relief
    • Hands

wetredneck

Alright everyone the time has come! I'm posting this poll to see where you guys would like to see the money we raise.

Below are links to the charities we've chosen. Feel free to check them out. Make sure your comfortable with your decision. 

We have five options. One from the US, one from the UK, and three international.

National coalition for homeless veterans

http://www.nchv.org

British legion

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk

Docs without boarders 

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

World medical relief

http://www.worldmedicalrelief.org

All hands 

https://www.hands.org

MistDreamer

@wetredneck man could you make that a little harder to decided on.

wetredneck

I could but then it would have been a bit too much haha

DocWaltz

Hey guys I'd like to spend a bit. Sadly, I don't have a PayPal account. What could I do to still participate?

wetredneck

If you would like to set a PayPal up I would be more than happy to help you through the steps. It's very simple. As of right now, There's really not anything to help out with this particular raffle. The best thing to do if PayPal is not an option is to drop by and the night of the live stream and play games with us. The more the marrier!

DocWaltz
52 minutes ago, wetredneck said:

If you would like to set a PayPal up I would be more than happy to help you through the steps. It's very simple. As of right now, There's really not anything to help out with this particular raffle. The best thing to do if PayPal is not an option is to drop by and the night of the live stream and play games with us. The more the marrier!

Maybe I could give you a code of a paysafe card and you would spend the amount you got from it? Would that be an option?

wetredneck

You could always place the amount you want to donate on a pre paid visa, these are available almost everywhere gift cards are sold, and link it to your PayPal. Unfortunately I can't do multiple different transactions so all donations will need to be funneled through our PayPal donation link during our raffle.

The Velvet Gentleman

Come on, DWB... I got big money riding on this one. 

Goliath1420

i voted for the National coalition of homeless veterans because they fought and died for are freedoms 

• Like 2

Rin

DWB ftw

HighdefinitionHero

Any of these charities are deserving to be honest! I'll donate next week sometime

DocWaltz
On 15.1.2018 at 6:04 PM, wetredneck said:

I already thought about doing that. The simple reason that I haven't done it until yet is that I simply don't trust E-banking...

Sovereign

Had to vote for NCHV. 

Another great charity organization: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Edited by Sovereign

wetredneck

See there's no banking involved with a pre paid visa. You just go to any store that sells them, load however much you want and done just like a gift card. No connection to any bank account.

DocWaltz

Alright, I hope I'll have some time today to check it out. 

wetredneck

Sounds good if you need any help just let us know.

Snipetrocity

I just donated $10, This is my first time donating in a Gaming community. Hope this help out :)

GAME ON EVERY ONE, GAMER FOR LIFE!

Conov

This is amazing. DWB!

wetredneck

Snipe, every dollar counts. we appreciate your participation in one of our raffles, but the real winners are gonna be the individuals that benefit from our event. That's what it's all about!

diegostewie

This is always so hard to choose...

l-RUSE-|

When's this going to be starting again?

wetredneck

the closing of the poll will be this friday, the date for the fund raiser will be the weekend of feb. 3rd. the hard date is to be determined.

wetredneck

Poll closes at 2100 EST tonight make sure you get your votes in!

wetredneck

Alright guys the numbers are in so now I'm going to lay out the event guidelines. 

When: feb. 3rd at 9 p.m. (I know it's meeting night but we will start at 9 sharp.)

Where: well be streaming the games we play throughout the event. (The link for viewing will be added below this heading ahoetly) if you would like to join in and play games with us we will have a designated channel just for our raffle.

Prizes and schedule: so how well do it is at the top of every hour one winner will be selected from the list of current donation participants. As we get further in the night and more people donate the list will get bigger. We will do this till all 6 prizes are given away. 

(3) steam gift cards worth $20 USD a piece.

(2) starter packages for star citizen

(1) crucible mx300 525 gb ssd

Charity: so for the majority of this we will be raising money for the national coalition for homeless veterans. Now if you haven't checked lately, you can go see I have high expectations for this. If we reach two-thirds of our goal ($400 USD) we will split the total of whatever we raise between the coalition and doctors without borders. Both organizations had a major outpouring of support so we will also support the both if possible. It's completely up to you guys.

How to enter and win:

Entering is simple and easy. Once you've signed into your account, or register and verify your account, you'll be able to donate to our charity collection goal. Any amount is welcome, but to participate in the raffle the below guidelines will be used.

- for every $5 USD, the donating party will receive  (1) one ticket into the raffle. 

- for every $25 USD, the donating party will receive an extra ticket. This simply means at all the 25 dollar incraments, you will receive your regular tickets along with am extra (1) ticket totally free. 

We've had people spend 5 dollars and win a set of Gunnar glasses so it's always possible to win even with just one ticket. 

For any questions feel free to reach out to me or any member of our staff. We'd be more than happy to help in any way we can. 

• Like 1

BaD_Karma_701

Nice!! good work guys.