wetredneck

UWS Gaming Community Charity Raffle

UWS Gaming Community Charity Raffle  

108 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which charity are we gonaing to fund raise for?

• National coalition of homeless veterans
    • British legion
    • Doctors without boarders
    • World medical relief
    • Hands

Sovereign   
Sovereign

Just curious, how much does one need to donate to have one "raffle ticket?"

Edited by Sovereign

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker

I'd assume $5 which should be the minimum.

wetredneck   
wetredneck

Yea thanks sov I completely spaced on the homefront for that. I updated the post regarding the rules so check it out. Thanks again!

• Like 1

wetredneck   
wetredneck

so the dust has settled and all the tallies are in. our totals stand at:

total DONATED before paypal fees (total everyone sent): $1261.50 USD

total AVAILABLE after paypal fees (total amount we recieved for charity donations): $1212.50 USD

this is amazing guys you guys made this possible we arent just splitting the pot to both charities, well be sending the total about we hoped to raise to EACH charity. it would never have been possible without you guys. from all the staff here at UWS we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

so for what your really here for, WINNERS!!!!

if you did win check your inbox you should have a PM from me with details on how to redeem your prizes. for the public, heres the list!

$20 steam gift cards:

1. lion killer 73

2. maverick v6

3. drizzitaa

star citizen packages:

4. wydoe

5. maverick

mx300 crucible 525 ssd:

6. dirtydino

congratulations to all our winners. thanks again for participating.

if for some reason prizes do go unclaimed we will redraw at a later date that i will post here if that time comes. 

raingod   
raingod

@wetredneckthanks for coordinating this charity.  I know it was a lot of work and you were sick but hung in there.  Thanks again.

Drizzit1aa   
Drizzit1aa

@wetredneck yup yup, you da man bro. awesome work!!

VexUnchained   
VexUnchained

This was an awesome event to take part of; congrats all!

TinkerBelt   
TinkerBelt

this is pretty cool! good job guys :)

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

In my near 13yrs with this community i've never seen such acts of kindness in such a short period of time, I mean you guys donated $1000 in just a matter of minutes. I want you guys to fully watch this video and see the type of person you've helped, because these veterans continue to help even with very little to give, you guys might not get to see it but its a tear jerker that these people who put their life on the line are ignored by people they went out to protect. So be it the money goes to help feed them, help provide clothes, or help them get a job interview whatever it may be you've done something great and I hope other communities see this and do the same.

TinkerBelt   
TinkerBelt

yeah! its awesome to see how people can be generous sometime! and its more frequent then before (atleast from young people) so its pretty cool! :smile02:

:coin::coin::coin::coin:

Lionkiller73   
Lionkiller73

Most people do not understand the mind and spirit of a veteran "Warrior". People often have preconceived notions that we are incapable of love, foul mouthed and just plain crazy and at times all of these may be true. There is a word that has been used is ancient times to describe service to ones nation "Sacrifice". Not sacrifice like caff at the altar, but putting ones self below all else. This isn't something that is trained into a person it is part of who they already are. This is a quote from Chief Sitting Bull “The warrior is one who sacrifices himself for the good of others. His task is to take care of the elderly, the defenseless, those who cannot provide for themselves, and above all, the children, the future of humanity." A warriors life involves much more than the ability to fight and defend yourself and those you love. It involves developing ones character, living a life of honor and integrity, defending those who can not defend themselves, taking care of those less fortunate; it involves service to others. All of the movies and video games (COD, BF) have been a double edged blade for veterans. On one hand they have helped to keep us relevant and not forgotten as has happened in all past wars, but have also given a false glorification of our service. We do not seek out the spotlight for our own  personal gain or maybe I should say most of us. I and most of my friends do not talk about the things we had to do, believe me we wish we could forget most of it. 

What I am trying to say is don't be surprised by the action of a warrior, most are as selfless as you can get.  Ok I'll shut up now!

• Thanks 1

Snipetrocity   
Snipetrocity

That was a fun night. I need to download that "You don't know jack" games on steam this week. We need to do that like every week. Get some people together and have some fun with them game & grats on the winners :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us