Blueberryjam

BF1 Fatigue

Blueberryjam

Hey Guys! Just wanted to stop by and apologize for my recent negative attitude in game.

I love this game, but recently I just cannot stand how lopsided 75%+ of the rounds are recently.  If I am on the winning side it is boring as hell as you rack up kills on teams down 4+ players with limited risk. On the losing side it is even worse, you get locked down or completely rolled and no matter how you try you end up dying endless without having a chance.

I love close rounds. They are exciting and super fun, but whether it is the Christmas noobs or people just mastering the game, these close rounds do not happen often anymore. Sounds like DICE may be implementing a team balancing. But hopefully this will help this issue,

Cheers! Blueberryjam.

Minos

I think it has to do with how Conquest plays in BF1.  They have tested the same system used in BF4 before on the CTE and I wish they would implement that in  game.  It makes matches much more closer and actually making comebacks possible with teamwork and playing the obj.

FluxChiller

Yeah the struggle is real.  Very frustrating playing these days.  Blueberry is right on point.  So many "i have no idea what im doing" players on now, mixed with the older players is a bad recipe. What happens is the vet players all know whats up and at the beginning of match, switch sides against the majority noobs, noobs start losing, noobs quit, Vets stuck on noobs side get pissed quit, new players join, quit immediately, server dies.  Rinse, repeat.

Last I heard bring back the old Conquest style is not going to happen (read this just yesterday). A team balancer is coming in the next patch apparently but how that works remains to be seen.

Trunkz Jr

It's nothing like BF2, I remember even if your team was getting slaughtered and you had 1-2 more flags you were actually making a comeback, seems like even if your losing team gets the blimp or something you still have a hard time trying to make the come back even after taking 1-2 more flags its tough. Hopefully they sort that out with the next Battlefield.

• Like 1

renegade11a

What was the old conquest style, compared to the way it is in BF1? I was always a rush guy until BF1.

I share the same thoughts though blueberry, why I haven't been on as often as I was in the past =/

Edited by renegade11a

Minos
33 minutes ago, renegade11a said:

What was the old conquest style, compared to the way it is in BF1? I was always a rush guy until BF1.

I share the same thoughts though blueberry, why I haven't been on as often as I was in the past =/

I don't know the complete and exact differences, but Bf4 and Bf1 have a much different system.  Whereas in BF4, when a team had the majority of flags they would get the "bleed
" where the tickets drain faster than the opponents.  BF1 really does not have that for its  system, so if a team was to have a 200 ticket advantage on the other team, it is near impossible for that other team to come back even if they have the majority of flags capped near the end of the match.  As a result, BF1 matches are often unbalanced and not exciting while in BF4 you could have really close matches where capping a flag at the last second could be just enough for your team to take the lead and win.  

This system like I mentioned was tested before in the BF1 CTE, and I really liked it.  Assuming what Flux says is true, I guess we won't be seeing it.  Not sure why they would do away with it, but hopefully the next Battlefield has the right  Conquest system.  

foolofatoucan

Iv been playing battlefield since BFBC which was awesome, used to love conquest in BFBC2, even when you were out matched enemy teams used to draw back a little to make the game  more fun, cos its no fun just steam rolling and easy opponent. I think in BF1 now, the matchmaking is lacking slightly with hardcore players sometimes dominating the enemy (or you), though to be honest I quite like the challenge, I would say that with the operations  mode in BF1, even if you have a bad team and are losing, it still a lot of fun desperately trying to take and retake objectives, even if it is a little frustrating. Thoughts?

FT

Odiua

I've recently started playing BF1 and have noticed that the games are very one sided but when i play BF4 i don't notice the 'one sidedness' , I enjoy both styles honestly; when i lose a close game on BF4 and feel bad about it i just hop on BF1 and try to join a winning side, that usually cheers me up. 

Com}{rade

Make Battlefield Great Again. 

Give BFBC3 w/ actual full destruction, actual maps designed for each mode, actual weapons with different stats and less scripted destruction.

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

The-Cracy-Death

there are many thing that are going wrong with battlefield 1 right now in my opinion i will just make a list.

1.Behemoths are sometimes way too weak or way too strong (still depends on the guy who steers it).

2.the maps are sometimes just a runaround for flag capturing, means that you just run in circle without real combat (had that often on wolga and sometimes i feel on this map more like a marathon runner than a soldier).

3. way to unbalanced maps like suez either its all concentrated on b or on the british base.

4. AA´s are to op. (to high accuracy for WW1) Fighters have nearly no chance of survive.

And thats just that what comes to my mind right now.

• Like 1

Blackhawk180

I agree with the points Cracy made. However, I think that they need to find a way to encourage team play and make it beneficial. I dislike dying and seeing a medic 5 meters from me and walks away or when you have a ton of snipers on your team that sit back and do not play the objective.

Minos

I agree Cracy, I like BF1 for what it is, and that is a more casual Battlefield shooter.  The game just can't compare to some of the older iterations in the series.  If I was to make a complete list of what annoys me in the game, it would probably be too long, but I will make a shortened version  for the main issues I have and hope to see change in BF2018.

1. Horrid  Map Design - Something that has been an issue since the beginning of Battlefield 4, map design has been going down and does not seem to be going in the right direction any time soon.  Many maps lack any hard cover and some good maps like Scar can be ruined by the end of the match because of destruction.  Not to mention many are horribly balanced and why I like the idea of the Operations mode, I hate it when many matches are extremely one sided because of how the map is designed.   

2. Destruction - This is definitely against what the majority probably think but I think destruction in this series has become an extremely overrated and not very important mechanic.  BF1 definitely tried to up its destruction, but in doing so, ruined many maps.  While I think the idea of blowing shit up is cool, I struggle to see how it really provides that much game play  value other than the "cool" factor of it.  I'd much prefer a BF3/4 type of micro destruction where you can blow some buildings up, but there is laid out hard cover, so map design is still valid.  

3.    A casualized game -  Many things contribute to this in BF1.  I find BF1 an extremely easy game to be good at and compete with other experienced players.  Many mechanics contribute to this issue, a lot of it coming from core gameplay.  Behemoths, elites, balance issues, and crazy RNG spread on weapons (hopefully not as bad in next patch) just to name some.  It's something I hope to see revised a lot in BF2018 because I want Battlefield to be more in line with BF3's gameplay.  Not hard to play, but a level 100 could outplay a level 1 using an M16A3 any day.  Whereas in BF1, many new players can wreak havoc by using cheese weapons.  

• Like 2

Trunkz Jr
On 1/22/2018 at 6:25 PM, Blackhawk180 said:

I agree with the points Cracy made. However, I think that they need to find a way to encourage team play and make it beneficial. I dislike dying and seeing a medic 5 meters from me and walks away or when you have a ton of snipers on your team that sit back and do not play the objective.

I think theres a bug where it just doesn't show to them that you need a revive, also possible they took a load out without the paddles or haven't unlocked, they should probably show them as someone that can't pick you up. Of course not always the case there are stupid medics out there.

• Like 1

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us