Zer0Wulf

Project Zer0

Zer0Wulf

Thought I would share  my new build with everyone. 

Black and white themed, for gaming, streaming, and content creation for YouTube.

phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass

i7 8700k delidded

gtx 1080 ti

aorus Z370 gaming 7

trident z ddr4 3200, 32GB

all ekwb wet parts, x-res, monoblock, gpu.

xspc black chrome fittings, primochill advanced lrt tubing, mayhem’s pastel white coolant.

Hardware labs black ice nemesis cross flow 360mm rad, same brand 240mm rad.

hue+ lighting

samsung evo 850 1TB, and another 850 evo 500GB, added an m.2 evo 860 1TB recently.

evga 1000 G2 power supply

still finishing up the tubing and need some fittings but should be done soon.

Nothing like taking apart a brand new founders edition gpu to install a waterblock, the monoblock was easy. This is my first real build and water loop. All others have been prebuilt basic stuff. Being an engineer, I love this stuff, plus I’m a nerd for technology.

DB4D4650-CE1B-4658-8CC7-844E9AC560AA.jpeg

2B7679B3-7ACA-439B-9311-19F00B175A61.jpeg

• Like 2

maniacalwombat

That's a good looking build my friend. :)

• Like 1

frankieg92

this build is sexy as fuck i really want this haha

• Like 1

Zer0Wulf

All done, fired right up first try and installed windows. Very happy how it came out.

D90CF5AA-624C-4088-B5F6-431ED2641D5A.jpeg

1FF543C4-51ED-4C8C-BB6C-7D605587B111.jpeg

Zer0Wulf

Did some milling to increase airflow to this choked case design. 

C9E46802-55C1-4BFE-B015-371DA2258FE1.jpeg

811E01A0-2903-4250-9EC4-9CAE0C5CF61B.jpeg

6918BB58-6E2B-4E4B-8656-F8BE6C907B55.jpeg

Zer0Wulf

Just made a parts list in pc parts picker. 

I didn’t realize I’d spent $6098 over the last couple years getting all the parts 😂.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bNxG3C

Edited by Zer0Wulf

Vex

Holy.....I'm in love :in-love:

Solid work!!

JellyDonuts

Looks great!!  I have to admit though, the first picture has a reflection of what I think might be a blue pet kennel and I thought it was part of your water reservoir :)

Zer0Wulf

Litter box lol, good eye.

Zer0Wulf

Had to update to 32gb of ddr4 3200.

Now running 4.7ghz on all 6 cores. I’m very happy.

19B007C9-445F-40E6-88DF-263B9DDCC3DA.jpeg

5E3F2C3E-48A5-4994-8AC3-F82D71B9F72F.jpeg

Edited by Zer0Wulf

Zer0Wulf
Posted (edited)

Ordered acrylic tubing and EK fittings to switch it over to hard line tubing.

also, I delidded the 8700k and used liquid metal. About a 15-20 C drop on all cores. Definitely worth it. Went up to 4.8Ghz on all cores.

Edit:

The E22 acrylic tubing in 10/12mm from performance-pcs is out of spec and too big. Returned it all for store credit and going for Bitspower PETG with Bitspower fittings. Hopefully those work.

Edited by Zer0Wulf

Zer0Wulf

A bit of an update, still waiting for end of the year before changing coolant to clear and hardline tubing. Added an air temp LCD, and have one for water temp just gotta figure out where to mount it. And added Rick.

2B99CF14-1B93-4C2B-A27D-4534DAD8880F.jpeg

45889A55-48CC-4806-9685-A83A6E18730C.jpeg

• Like 1

SAVAG3 GAM1NG

Fav case dude ! I was waiting for the  phantom X which is a lot better for water cooling. Where are you scoring in the 3D benchmarks ?

SAVAG3 GAM1NG

Dude to add heard  liquid metal eats up the metal plating on the gpu and cpu I was looking at the grizzly 

Zer0Wulf

Thx, its a great looking case but very bad airflow until I did some milling. Haven't ran any benchmarks, i suppose i should soon. The Liquid metal (Conductonaut) is fine on the CPU die. As far as the GPU, you're looking at minimal benefits if its on there. I just used what EKWB had in the box for the waterblock.

SAVAG3 GAM1NG

Yea I went full EKWB need to do cable  management this week. Going to see if I overclock the cpu and gpu some more. I tested a total of 3x and 2 of the times has placed me on top 2 percent. You have more ram then I do but the same CPU and gpu so I’m  curious where you’re at . 

Zer0Wulf

See what you can get with your CPU. Mines not that great at 1.25Vcore on 4.7Ghz on all cores. Hits about 65C max while rendering videos for Youtube in Vegas Pro. I haven't had any need to touch the 1080ti even on 3440x1440p.

SimpLePlaysTV

Incredible... *cough* Don't mind the banana in my pants 😍

• Haha 1

SAVAG3 GAM1NG

What are your temps  over under stress 

Zer0Wulf

65C max on CPU with fans around 1000 rpms while rendering videos or doing stress tests, 52C on GPU.

360mm rad top, 240mm rad front.

Keep in mind though this is with a slim crossflow radiator on top, not ideal, but I have another  regular hardwarelabs rad and a very thick XSPC rad i can put up there (which i will do when i change to hard lines).

They were about 10-15C higher without delid on 4.7Ghz. I've pushed it to 4.8Ghz and above but 4.8Ghz stable was at 1.30Vcore and I didn't feel it really needs anymore than 4.7Ghz honestly.

SAVAG3 GAM1NG
3 hours ago, Zer0Wulf said:

65C max on CPU with fans around 1000 rpms while rendering videos or doing stress tests, 52C on GPU.

360mm rad top, 240mm rad front.

Keep in mind though this is with a slim crossflow radiator on top, not ideal, but I have another  regular hardwarelabs rad and a very thick XSPC rad i can put up there (which i will do when i change to hard lines).

They were about 10-15C higher without delid on 4.7Ghz. I've pushed it to 4.8Ghz and above but 4.8Ghz stable was at 1.30Vcore and I didn't feel it really needs anymore than 4.7Ghz honestly.

The over temp of the computer both gpu and cpu reason why I’m asking I had the same case it ran hot. A friend of mine is also getting  evolve X  Which is a slight better version of yours going water cooling so I could give him an idea 

SAVAG3 GAM1NG
Just now, SAVAG3 GAM1NG said:

The over temp of the computer both gpu and cpu reason why I’m asking I had the same case it ran hot. A friend of mine is also getting  evolve X  Which is a slight better version of yours going water cooling so I could give him an idea 

I read the reply again dude and you answered both questions. What are your  memory clock  And core percent atm ? 

Zer0Wulf

Memory clock is at 3200Mhz ram, if you mean gpu, then stock 5500Mhz. Core percent, like usage ? Depends.

SAVAG3 GAM1NG

Core clock and  memory clock  On MSI trying to see how far I could push the 1080 ti. Just trying to compare your card with mine same blocks different cases 

Zer0Wulf

I’ve breifly overclocked the gpu core to a bit over 2000Mhz, like 2025Mhz or something, but barely noticed any gain from stock so back to stock it went. Never had the need to overclock the 1080ti, so cant really help ya there. I’ll see if I can get a baseline benchmark this weekend.