Possible Key Guide Changes

Keep Wall of Text?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Wall of Text?

• Yes! It's friendlier.
    • No! Go with tables!

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

I'm thinking about making a large format change to the key guide and wanted a PUBLIC OPINION. I have had one voter approach me already and say that the old format is friendlier and tables require condensing information too much. I will say that I like the tables a little bit better but on mobile it looks like garbage. Let me know what you think! Thanks guys.

New Format:

Factory

Key Name Short Name Where What Spawn
Factory Key Factory Opens two extracts in Factory as well as the locked room in the third floor offices. The locked room has two coats, loose loot, and a possible weapon spawn. In the Customs Three Storey Dorms office, in Customs Glass Factory in a blue locker or by the dead scav
Key (pumping station) Key Opens the "closed bunker" near machinery in the exit area but only the door nearest extract. There is rarely anything worth picking up in here but it can be a good ambush position. In the locker room on the bench against the wall close to the entrance. 
Key (admin) Key Opens the "closed bunker" near machinery in the exit area. There is rarely anything worth picking up in here but it can be a good ambush position. Random \ Unknown

Old format:

Factory
  • Factory Key - This should never leave your gamma and opens two additional extracts and allows you to open the locked room in third floor offices. Possible weapon spawn in locked room, loose loot and occasional high end ammo. This key spawns in the office of 3-Storey in Customs, and the glass warehouse in Customs (in the blue locker or near the dead scav).
  • Key (pumping station) - Opens the "closed bunker" near machinery in the exit area but only the door nearest extract. There is rarely anything worth picking up in here but it can be a good ambush position. This key spawns in the locker room on the bench against the wall close to the entrance. 
  • Key (Soviet) - Almost identical to the pumping station key but this one opens the door closest to the ramp.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

I personally enjoyed the old set up better. I feel that reading about the individual keys is a bit more natural as well as it being more informative.  Unfortunately, the table feels a bit too constrained and I think will ultimately be a larger eyesore when all the keys are added.  Tables are clearly not supported well with our forum. 

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
3 hours ago, Maverick V6 said:

Tables are clearly not supported well with our forum. 

They're not supported at all believe it or not. 

SirGrumples   
SirGrumples

I am torn, I think both formats work well. I don't find either to be an eye sore. Might be best just to leave it and not spend the time reformatting?

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
On 1/13/2018 at 11:44 AM, SirGrumples said:

Might be best just to leave it and not spend the time reformatting?

This is tempting because it means I get to do nothing. 

• Haha 1

jmcda   
jmcda

I like them both.  The traditional format seems a little more busy, but the extra spacing and table lines seem to help with quick reference.

Thanks for the great contributions and great work.  The tutorial was helpful for me, especially when I first started playing EFT.

maniacalwombat   
maniacalwombat
19 hours ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

This is tempting because it means I get to do nothing. 

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer, good sir.  You should roll with it.