Rocky.Fx

Thoughts on new map and items

Rocky.Fx   
Rocky.Fx

Ive seen some pictures and clips of the new map with the new items and i think it looks pretty good! What are your thoughts on it?

PUBG-Desert-Map-Downtown-Cropped.jpg

Blask828   
Blask828

The terrain is amazing, there's not much tree cover, but the bumpy hills definitely make up for that. Gotten the new Ghillie suit a couple of times, it's honestly been more hazard than help. That's just what I've experienced, though. Haven't really tried the Winchester; everytime I get it, I end up picking up an AR to replace it. My only thing is that there is not enough knowledge on where better loot is quite yet. Of course some of the bigger towns have it, but I'm always guessing as of right now. Been more of a rat, looting outside of main towns and then moving in for kills/missing items. The map is great, and brings some unique combat experiences to the arena.

zEpic   
zEpic

I constantly ask myself whether or not I like this map... It has up's and downs, twists and turns, ect. I don't like how open the map is but at the same time I do. It's nice to see that they're not giving up on a great opportunity unlike DayZ was. I love the DP-28, but it makes me rage when I die from it. :crazy01:

Azeir   
Azeir

I have seen some great game play i.e. live stream from DrDisrespect and some youtube videos from JackFrags. Map looks super solid, mechanical functions are better like vaulting and vehicles. Terrain is marvelous scale is appropriate as well. Refreshing to say the least from a viewers standpoint.

R3SPAWN1   
R3SPAWN1

It's not bad, just alittle open in areas

Kragar   
Kragar

The Win 94 is a beast!  I was skeptical of it at first with not being able to throw a sight on it.  I played a game last night where it did a mass drop over prison and i grabbed a win 94 and was hitting people consistently at about 150 to 200 meters.  High damage too.

Fucnut   
Fucnut

I am finding it hard to warm to,  the looting of the buildings take time as they are all like rabbit warrens, lots of doors,  Does any one else find the loot rate to be less ?  However I love the terrain great for moving around lots of snurggling around.  

Edited by Revoker

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

It's a love and hate. I notice end games usually come down to needing a 4x because its so long distance and when the next circle comes and you have to run to it you are so wide open and if they are already there, it's trouble, on the other map usually there is a tree or something to help out. Tho on the new map I do like the town/city fighting it's a good environment for it. I think since the new update with vaulting and whatnot I prefer the old map now over the new, not that I dislike the new one I just prefer the environment style of the old. Next would be snow which I heard is the next to come I do like Snow maps every since my first in Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear.

fr1_1.jpg

Tyyni   
Tyyni

My only complaints are looting in big towns and the fact you can't put an 8x scope on an m16 anymore. You tend to get lost with all the doors/entrances. Well maybe that is just me. :D 

I enjoy the terrain and while it can feel a little overwhelming having no where to hide...you can also feel safe in the fact that there isn't someone next to you in the grass without you knowing!

The new guns haven't really interested me and I haven't been able to get the new crate drop gun...

Boggles3   
Boggles3

I like the new map, the additional weapons, and other changes that were made like the added damage to blue and such. I cant really find anything to complain about. Lots of issues still, but all the changes were in the right direction in my opinion. 

The new map I think gives players more options based on what loot and weapons they find. The size of the cities allows you to stick to them with relative safety from long range weapons outside of them if you only have mid to short range loot. The open areas actually provide a lot of cover in the small elevation changes and provides some fun long range fights. The size of the cities also provides some longer engagements. In the old map usually if you push a compound and a team is there, one team is dead within a minute or less. 

I like the new side arms. The sawed off gives you some close range punch if you are rocking an AR /Sniper and end up getting rushed. The new 45 revolver is super accurate and does a lot of damage, it helps a lot when dealing with early game shotguns if you dont have a primary yet. The normal pistols arent really to viable beyond shotgun ranges and the 7.62 revolver takes so much time to reload. I think I still prefer the Auto Glock over both of these if given the option though :P.

What do you guys think about the circle damage changes? I personally find my self getting shot in the back from blue way less often than before which is a plus for me. Also think it condenses people quicker and causes more fights mid game, less people just passively living in blue till end game.

As far as the m16 with no 8x/15x. Its lame, but I can see why, its velocity and fire rate is meant to be a trade off within the AR realm, but with an large scope it really encroaches on sniper territory when its supposed to be a sub tier AR. Just gameplay balance shit. I still really like the M16 for late game circles and low numbers or in Solo games. In a 1v1 situation the flinch you inflict with hits is higher than any other AR and can throw your opponents aim off considerably.