Sign in to follow this  
SeondFallen

Help with Graphics

SeondFallen   
SeondFallen

Hey I was just curious if anyone was a wiz at figuring out a good graphic setting to help me boost my fps a little, but not hurt the graphic quality like a nitrogen bomb going off. I play around with the settings and getting it to run at 60 fps makes the game look like a rolled up ball of S*** basically for me. I don't have a custom built computer, it is a HP Envy Gaming Laptop. I will share what my spec's are and I think I got the right ones from my system. I don't want insane fps and crystal clear graphics just something better than the 22-25 I normally run. As far as my laptop handling it I mod games for fun, Skyrim, Fallout, ect., and I get near photo realistic while keeping fps at around 40-42. But Battlefield is stumping me a little. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time :D

My specs:

HP Envy m7 Notebook

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.59 GHz

Memory: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

GeForce 940MX

1920x1080, 60Hz

I think that is all, unsure, it's what I use in Nexus. 

PappySnafu   
PappySnafu

Hi. I hope someone here can just flat out tell you what to do. I don't believe it's that easy though.

You will have a bottleneck somewhere in those specs. Also, watch the ping. I have a screaming system but if i'm at 130 latency and most others in the game are under ....say 50. I can't play.  Possibly connecting to distant server? Mostly in Operations games this happens. So, check that each game you join.

Based on your modding statement, The very best thing to do is apply your considerable tinkering skills on trial and error.  And go as low as you can then bring it up bit by bit. Take notes. Hopefully some one else can add to this, I just didn't want to leave you hanging here. Welcome to UWS.

This is a good thread with ideas for a person that asked, also owning a laptop. . I'll post link and let the person that answered speak for himself.  :) 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-lag-and-framerate-drop-on-a-pc-that-meets-recommended/td-p/6454951

If you need any more vague advice just let me know,

Pappy, AKA Origin ID BlindAtrophy

Edited by PappySnafu

discopanda   
discopanda

Playing at 720p will probably help out. I played on 720p at the lowest setting for the longest time which worked for me. But with specs like that you have to choose between looks or fps. Your main fps killers are going to be resolution, shadows, and anti-aliasing. Everything else I'd recommend setting to medium. 

SeondFallen   
SeondFallen
On 11/29/2017 at 9:28 PM, PappySnafu said:

Hi. I hope someone here can just flat out tell you what to do. I don't believe it's that easy though.

You will have a bottleneck somewhere in those specs. Also, watch the ping. I have a screaming system but if i'm at 130 latency and most others in the game are under ....say 50. I can't play.  Possibly connecting to distant server? Mostly in Operations games this happens. So, check that each game you join.

Based on your modding statement, The very best thing to do is apply your considerable tinkering skills on trial and error.  And go as low as you can then bring it up bit by bit. Take notes. Hopefully some one else can add to this, I just didn't want to leave you hanging here. Welcome to UWS.

This is a good thread with ideas for a person that asked, also owning a laptop. . I'll post link and let the person that answered speak for himself.  :) 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-lag-and-framerate-drop-on-a-pc-that-meets-recommended/td-p/6454951

If you need any more vague advice just let me know,

Pappy, AKA Origin ID BlindApathy

15 hours ago, discopanda said:

Playing at 720p will probably help out. I played on 720p at the lowest setting for the longest time which worked for me. But with specs like that you have to choose between looks or fps. Your main fps killers are going to be resolution, shadows, and anti-aliasing. Everything else I'd recommend setting to medium. 

Much appreciated for the replies, I am tinkering around every time I play trying to get that balance. And thanks for the welcome :D