Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

My vote, AK74N

maniacalwombat   
maniacalwombat

I prefer the M4.

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

In terms of what is technically the best, I can't say what is better as I'm not informed enough on it. You can compare bullet damage, and bullet vs. armor damage on tarkovballistics for example, but you also have to consider RoF, recoil ect..

I will say, it's a lot cheaper to buy a AK74N and full mod it out, then it is to buy an M4 and full mod it out. I have some M4's but I don't really use them, so I may be biased here since I use the AK mostly. But it's a damn good gun and there would have to be some serious benefits the M4 brings to the table to justify the price increase (though, if you're rolling in $ I guess you probably wouldn't care).

GroverUSMC   
GroverUSMC

I think the m4 is a better weapon but I prefer the ak just because it’s much cheaper to replace and upgrade.

NERFthis   
NERFthis

I prefer the M4 due to its easily modifiable frame, this allows it to be used more comfortably both in close and long range engagements, for me anyway. Personally, I think the AK74N beats it out in it's easier handling patterns as well as sounding a lot cooler whilst silenced, but maybe that's just me. Also an extra, I can purchase M4's from Peacekeeper, but for the AK74N I have to deal with Prapor and his gold watches and random things he wants me to do, so that's just a bonus. Of course, I highly doubt Peacekeeper will stay as is quest-wise, so this will most likely change when the final product is released. Just my input, good question :)

HighdefinitionHero   
HighdefinitionHero

I would say i enjoy the AK more than m4's due to fact i use it more and am more used to the recoil and know the limits of the gun not only that i can mod an ak in 30 seconds when i put on a fancy rail on the m4 im squinting my eyes looking for the right rail guides and attachments lol saying that i generally make my money back and more on either weapon i bring into a raid but its easy to bring an m4 and get almost instantly killed and then it feels like such a bigger loss