Jump to content
zEpic

Elite Members/Premium?

Recommended Posts

zEpic   
zEpic

Just a suggestion but what if =UWS= could do a pay-by-the-month plan for gamers to have "special abilites" in TS or on the UWS website. Now, I am not talking about making them a captain or a veteran member, but just something that makes you unique and stand out from other people. It could help our community grow and put up extra servers in games like DayZ or Battlefield. It could be as low as $4.99/€4.23 a month. Let me know what you think? :vaultboy1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TactiTaco   
TactiTaco

I see that a ton of people have viewed this, and no one has the huevos to say anything. Well, I think It's a great concept, and if implemented appropriately it could be a successful way to keep a steady income.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Probably something we can discuss at the next Admin/Captain meeting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

I will put this up in the community admin section as i do like the idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

What was you thinking we could give members once premium? @zEpic

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sovereign   
Sovereign

In terms of "special abilities" there really isn't much more that (I feel) you could add that would have any significance. Some elaboration on what you consider a "special ability" might be needed here because I can't think of anything more that can be added without crossing over into the "abusable powers" territory.

In terms of standing out, forum medals/awards are used to address this. Donation awards like the High Roller/Big Spender and Contribution awards are given to those who donate certain amounts. In Teamspeak, these awards contribute to your overall award count icon.

Now, you're more than welcome to set up a recurring charge for $4.99 every month (your contributions are appreciated!), but I wouldn't give any perks for it when there are people who have spent 20x+ that at the very least and just get a few medals (which is sufficient imho).

Tl;dr donation perks are a slippery slope.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

We do have a Legacy Members section that is about to pop on, (aka Hall of Fame) so people who has obtained 15 awards will forever be honored inside there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zEpic   
zEpic

I would consider an Elite Section under the forums.

A possible name glow choice on the forums. (Example on the bottom of this post)

Ability to change your name on the forums.

Leaders could even give out awards to elite members yearly such as a $20 steam gift card. (Pretty much a raffle)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have for right now, I can think of some more throughout the night.

 

images.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iopis   
Iopis

As sovereign said, this is a slippery slope,

A "premium/elite" status will section off the community you have now.

Some people might leave.

These Higher tier members might begin to think that their opinion somehow matters more than the people who can't or won't pay.

Maybe those of us who can't or won't pay suddenly have an opinion that isn't worth as much or not worth anything because we are the "freeloaders"

Creating a special forum section or special team-speak section, only enforces this idea of secrecy and community cliques.

Perhaps in-game groups of Premium UWS members will form and others cant join because they aren't premium/elite.

Will admins and captains be required to make the monthly fee, or are they exempt/get it automatically?

These are a lot of "IFS" and "MAYBES" but they are very real possibilities.

IMO: If i wanted a clan that rewarded me for paying a monthly fee to play with them, I would join such a clan, I joined SAS and now UWS because donating was always treated as optional and the only thing you got was a gold star on your forehead.

Absolutely talk about it. Just be aware of what a paid-for-title brings in a gaming community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rin   
Rin

Imo the idea we had a few years ago was for merchandise (T-shirts etc) or Slots on a monthly fee, The idea (regarding monthly fee) we had was to buy a month of "premium" if we can call it that from the clan and gain a reserved slot. As a balance it was going to be first come first serve. This helps the clan keep a positive sum for activities, servers etc and at the same time the clan provides something back other than the obvious things.

We need to be careful not to split the community into these kind of groups like people above mentioned.

Other than that im all for the above setup but NO special treatment or special groups etc other than the medals donators get and the donator title in forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sulltorcha   
Sulltorcha
On 29/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, Rin said:

Imo the idea we had a few years ago was for merchandise (T-shirts etc) or Slots on a monthly fee, The idea (regarding monthly fee) we had was to buy a month of "premium" if we can call it that from the clan and gain a reserved slot. As a balance it was going to be first come first serve. This helps the clan keep a positive sum for activities, servers etc and at the same time the clan provides something back other than the obvious things.

We need to be careful not to split the community into these kind of groups like people above mentioned.

Other than that im all for the above setup but NO special treatment or special groups etc other than the medals donators get and the donator title in forums.

I still remember the premium thing from a while back. As far as i remember there was issues actually providing the "premium" service that was sold. Or am i wrong?

Anyways i'm pretty much with Rin here. Just make sure that if you decide on trying this that you have all the systems and "rewards" ready beforehand. Honestly a medal or a donator badge or some such should be enough. 

It's kinda dangerous starting to give people real benefits from that stuff as you could end up splitting the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkullCracker   
SkullCracker

Admins and Mario discussed this many years ago. We thought it would be a good idea but the cons outweighed the pros. I said if you are part of something you should donate no matter what. Mine and Trunkz saying was this. If you can afford fast food you can afford $5.00. Thing is you have some who are here that are Admins and don't donate shit. So how can anyone expect members to donate.

 

Just donate and be happy that ya did it if you like being here, that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Revoker   
Revoker

I used to be a member of HT(Hostile Takeover) another large gaming community, they have a more developed system for promotion and VIP status which a monthly payment is required.  The money is used to pay for their 20+ Arma 3 servers  and TS (Team Speak). 

I have been a member of =UWS= for 3 months but have had plenty of previous experience and can give suggestions if required.

FUCNUT

PUBG Vet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MistDreamer   
MistDreamer

We been shooting some ideas around for a vip service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
l-RUSE-|   
l-RUSE-|
On 12/3/2017 at 4:47 PM, SkullCracker said:

Admins and Mario discussed this many years ago. We thought it would be a good idea but the cons outweighed the pros. I said if you are part of something you should donate no matter what. Mine and Trunkz saying was this. If you can afford fast food you can afford $5.00. Thing is you have some who are here that are Admins and don't donate shit. So how can anyone expect members to donate.

 

Just donate and be happy that ya did it if you like being here, that simple.

The if you can afford fast food you can afford to donate $5 is kinda lame. Admins and captains arent entitled to donating, nobody is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkullCracker   
SkullCracker
8 hours ago, l-RUSE-| said:

The if you can afford fast food you can afford to donate $5 is kinda lame. Admins and captains arent entitled to donating, nobody is. 

Don't give a damn if you think it's lame or that no one is entitled, you just should. And what we said is true, that came from both of us (Trunkz-Skull) way before any of you were around. You play here, you reap the benefits of being part of something, you can donate. Now is it a must, nope but it shows who one truly is, especially when they don't do a thing around here, I see you're a Cap, are you recruiting on a daily basis, what do you do around here besides sit in channel and play games, I'm seriously asking

 

Serious question for all who are either Admin or what ever. What do you do around here besides sit in channel and play games. So before going and adding special what ever why not have it where one of the requirements is having Admins, Capt, Game Admins pitch in $5 a month. If that breaks your bank you shouldn't be playing video games at all. Let alone buying new ones when they come out. This place is like a business, and in any business it needs money. There are bills that must be paid which I'm sure some don't understand yet.

 

As we said many years ago. If you can afford fast food you can afford $5 a month. If that's lame all I can say is WOW and it's shows some true love for this place.

 

 

There are a few on there who bust there asses and also donate. Now one of them I know really busts his ass and he gets a lot of respect from me. Anyway, it's not lame asking for $5 a month. If you care about something you help out with out expecting special perks which I think are lame. Give me money and I'll give you things......WTF is that crap. You join communities like this so ya can have fun and make them grow. And in order for that to happen you need good people and money. Not those who do nothing but expect everything.

 

donations.PNG

Edited by SkullCracker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkullCracker   
SkullCracker

By the way, there was this member a long time ago named Postal, he still comes in once and awhile. He paid out around a $1,000 a month so SAS could have servers. He never asked for anything or expected a damn thing.

 

Figured I'd share that.

Edited by SkullCracker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkullCracker   
SkullCracker
On 12/6/2017 at 11:57 AM, Revoker said:

I used to be a member of HT(Hostile Takeover) another large gaming community, they have a more developed system for promotion and VIP status which a monthly payment is required.  The money is used to pay for their 20+ Arma 3 servers  and TS (Team Speak). 

I have been a member of =UWS= for 3 months but have had plenty of previous experience and can give suggestions if required.

FUCNUT

PUBG Vet

 

Good members who care don't need VIP services. Those who care just donate because they believe in something. I'm nearing 50 and in all my years gaming and being in clans it was done a few ways. We had raffles and we had members who cared and gave monthly. We also had Admins who also donated because they were the ones leading by example. I was always one of them and I always donated. Not a believer in perks for money, crap is like prostitution and I think clans that do it are lame. The strong ones have great members and leadership who have a vision and understand what it takes in getting there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rifledude   
rifledude
37 minutes ago, SkullCracker said:

Don't give a damn if you think it's lame or that no one is entitled, you just should. And what we said is true, that came from both of us (Trunkz-Skull) way before any of you were around. You play here, you reap the benefits of being part of something, you can donate. Now is it a must, nope but it shows who one truly is, especially when they don't do a thing around here, I see you're a Cap, are you recruiting on a daily basis, what do you do around here besides sit in channel and play games, I'm seriously asking

 

Serious question for all who are either Admin or what ever. What do you do around here besides sit in channel and play games. So before going and adding special what ever why not have it where one of the requirements is having Admins, Capt, Game Admins pitch in $5 a month. If that breaks your bank you shouldn't be playing video games at all. Let alone buying new ones when they come out. This place is like a business, and in any business it needs money. There are bills that must be paid which I'm sure some don't understand yet.

 

As we said many years ago. If you can afford fast food you can afford $5 a month. If that's lame all I can say is WOW and it's shows some true love for this place.

 

Play nice please.

You can have an opinion and not attack others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkullCracker   
SkullCracker
4 minutes ago, rifledude said:

 

Play nice please.

You can have an opinion and not attack others.

No one is attacking anyone. So don't come at me with play nice. Only reason you even responded is because I called you out in a prior discussion You feel like discussing things please let me know and we can do so in channel with other Admins and leadership around. I have a lot on my mind and you won't like what is said, trust me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rifledude   
rifledude
Just now, SkullCracker said:

No one is attacking anyone.

Yes you are attacking people.

47 minutes ago, SkullCracker said:

you can donate. Now is it a must, nope but it shows who one truly is, especially when they don't do a thing around here, I see you're a Cap, are you recruiting on a daily basis, what do you do around here besides sit in channel and play games, I'm seriously asking

If that breaks your bank you shouldn't be playing video games at all. Let alone buying new ones when they come out.

There are bills that must be paid which I'm sure some don't understand yet.

If you can afford fast food you can afford $5 a month. If that's lame all I can say is WOW and it's shows some true love for this place.

These aren't needed. Stay on topic, and don't question people's loyalty based on their donations.

5 minutes ago, SkullCracker said:

Only reason you even responded is because I called you out in a prior discussion 

No, the only reason I responded is because you need to make your points without attacking people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkullCracker   
SkullCracker

Loyal members donate, loyal members help out, loyal members don't sit in channel they created and do nothing. And again, no one is being attacked in anything I said. I have just pointed out the obvious, can you not see that.

 

Again, you feel like speaking with me, don't do it in here. We can have a nice discussion with leadership and Admins. Maybe you'll find a few things out when and if we do.

Edited by SkullCracker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MistDreamer   
MistDreamer

Donating gives you skin in game. People that donate tend to stay around cuz they feel like they are part of the community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us

Powered By

×