Sign in to follow this  
Borscht

Face hitbox

Borscht   
Borscht

So according to the devs they finally fixed the head hitbox and made face a separate hitbox, and if you get shot in it, surprisingly - you'll die. Can anyone confirm?

https://imgur.com/a/uhDLz

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

I've only heard rumors from streamers. I would be nice if the devs actually told us things like this. 

Borscht   
Borscht
On 11/15/2017 at 7:56 PM, The Velvet Gentleman said:

I've only heard rumors from streamers. I would be nice if the devs actually told us things like this. 

Yeah, I stopped complaining on the forums about communication, because I realized it's pointless anyways lol

maniacalwombat   
maniacalwombat

It might be.  The other day I found someone looting a body in woods who had a kiver helmet and fort armor.  I put the red dot of my P226 on his face and fired one shot.  He went down like a sack of potatoes with no damage to his helmet.

Borscht   
Borscht
29 minutes ago, maniacalwombat said:

It might be.  The other day I found someone looting a body in woods who had a kiver helmet and fort armor.  I put the red dot of my P226 on his face and fired one shot.  He went down like a sack of potatoes with no damage to his helmet.

Interesting. I'll try to come online tonight to test this. 

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

I'll shoot you in the face @Borscht. I'm very good at shooting people. 

Borscht   
Borscht
5 hours ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

I'll shoot you in the face @Borscht. I'm very good at shooting people. 

Ok, maybe I'll have time tonight for some face shooting

BestBuySecurity   
BestBuySecurity

Dropped a player in factory today with one shot. Right into his face, he had a Kiver that was at 25.9 after I dropped him. 

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

Thank you to @Borscht for donating his face. I know I can't count... 

Borscht   
Borscht

Superior bullet deflecting russian cheekbones.

HighdefinitionHero   
HighdefinitionHero

I had a similar situation which lead me to believe this outcome too shot a guy with a PM with 84 round mag between his face/forehead with around 12 shots before he finally dropped thank god he was stuck prone in a reload animation lol

Maybe this should be tried with a higher cal perhaps a P22 or MP5 / X i'm thinking the 9x19 rounds might make the difference to one shot to the face for a kill for science I am willing to help I can bring the MP5 <3

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
4 hours ago, HighdefinitionHero said:

I had a similar situation which lead me to believe this outcome too shot a guy with a PM with 84 round mag between his face/forehead with around 12 shots before he finally dropped thank god he was stuck prone in a reload animation lol

Maybe this should be tried with a higher cal perhaps a P22 or MP5 / X i'm thinking the 9x19 rounds might make the difference to one shot to the face for a kill for science I am willing to help I can bring the MP5 <3

We were testing whether the Kiver had a gap for the face yet. The 9x19 round should penetrate the helmet anyway depending on the ammo and muzzle velocity. 

HighdefinitionHero   
HighdefinitionHero
On 27/11/2017 at 7:39 PM, The Velvet Gentleman said:

We were testing whether the Kiver had a gap for the face yet. The 9x19 round should penetrate the helmet anyway depending on the ammo and muzzle velocity. 

I'm not to sure mate I had a fight with a guy using the saiga smg and he took my kiver to 20/40 so it led me to believe it doesnt 

Rin   
Rin

Sometimes the hitreg is FUCKED i emptied a mag on a guys face and 4 bullets connected only yet he didnt drop so i do not believe it to be working right.

Borscht   
Borscht
58 minutes ago, Rin said:

Sometimes the hitreg is FUCKED i emptied a mag on a guys face and 4 bullets connected only yet he didnt drop so i do not believe it to be working right.

I was checking - with every shot to my face - I would lose 1 head hp (as usual, if you are hitting armored part, and armor "withstands" the hit - you still lose 1 hp) and helmet was losing ~3-5 dura points.
@The Velvet Gentleman I'd like to do some more testing to see if it is really a random number generator behind this.

Rin   
Rin
1 hour ago, Borscht said:

I was checking - with every shot to my face - I would lose 1 head hp (as usual, if you are hitting armored part, and armor "withstands" the hit - you still lose 1 hp) and helmet was losing ~3-5 dura points.
@The Velvet Gentleman I'd like to do some more testing to see if it is really a random number generator behind this.

There is no RNG involved ballistics are there it does a simple math calculating Armor value and penetration value. Quick example https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/5.45×39_mm

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
2 hours ago, Rin said:

There is no RNG involved ballistics are there it does a simple math calculating Armor value and penetration value. Quick example https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/5.45×39_mm

That information is out of date. The individuals involved in making it were banned for data mining quite some time ago. 

Rin   
Rin
10 minutes ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

That information is out of date. The individuals involved in making it were banned for data mining quite some time ago. 

Those values obviously will keep changing and be out of date, I did not post it for pulling the actual number information but the logic behind the damage.

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

The logic almost certainly changed when they made changes to the armor system. The different results from testers like the guys at tarkov ballistics and YouTubers seem to point to more random chance in bullet behavior,  or at least more variables in the formula than were previously there. 

Borscht   
Borscht
3 hours ago, Rin said:

I did die in the above video after getting several shots in the face, as if the PM finally penetrated the Kiver. 

Plus, BSG mentioned that the game uses RNG to calculate penetration possibility with AP rounds. 

Rin   
Rin
11 hours ago, Borscht said:

I did die in the above video after getting several shots in the face, as if the PM finally penetrated the Kiver. 

Plus, BSG mentioned that the game uses RNG to calculate penetration possibility with AP rounds. 

@The Velvet Gentleman @Borscht

Sorry i totally forgot my bad, There is a % Chance for full penetration per bullet, It's a low value but it is there added on top, Example for some 5.45 bullets its 20% other 5.45 are 30% etc, just like there is a Ricochet chance.

not sure why i believed it was not RNG.

ps: forgot to mention i noticed in the EFT forums there are other people reporting the same stuff. In one instance 3 guys with helmet were shot in the head, 1 of them died with only 1 bullet while the other two took more than one.

Edited by Rin
Forgot numbers