Wolfesscythe

Battlefront 2 Might Not Suck

Wolfesscythe   
Wolfesscythe

Anyone planning on picking this up? I know from the reviews that there's a lot of complaints about the lootcrate system in the game, but I believe I'll still be picking the game up, since I've got nothing to play currently. Edit: AngryJoe posted this, maybe this will fix the lootbox system.

Edited by Wolfesscythe

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

20 vs. 20 still, no thanks. It's got shiny bells and whistles I'll give it that, but I grew quickly tired of the combat in beta.

• Like 1

rifledude   
rifledude

I got it. Was pretty fun in the beta.

Minos   
Minos

I had fun in the beta, but I dont see it lasting.  Apparently each class has only FOUR weapons for a total of 16.  Which to me, seems way to little considering how basic the combat already is to begin with.  I'll be passing on the game as I am not a fan of companies putting loot boxes in their full priced sixty dollar games and tying it to progression is even worst.  

And as commie mentioned, battles are still only 20v20 for some reason, not sure why DICE insists on keeping it to 40 players because from the gameplay I've seen already, it looks way to little for some maps like Hoth.  Definitely disappointing EA had to ruin this game with loot boxes, but I can't say I am surprised.  

Minos   
Minos

Plagueis   
Plagueis

I'm not really impressed. Snipers can spawn camp too easy so its spawn and you die which is shitty.  

Wolfesscythe   
Wolfesscythe

They're getting a lot of backlash from their lootbox system, and they'd be fucking stupid to not fix it. That being said, I don't want to support EA, but having seen that they brought back an arcade mode that's reminiscing of Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, where you can pit nothing but jedi and sith up against each other, I'm going to have to get the game. For weeks, I'd get home from school and play Jedi Outcast for a couple hours, and it's one of my more enjoyable gaming experiences. 

XpRsSn   
XpRsSn

Lol a Full priced game with a Pay 2 win system that makes you pay 2000 dollar or 4500 hours for total completion? No thanks I refuse to give EA money with this 

• Like 2

bonesrob13   
bonesrob13

Completely inaccurate Xprssn, I have spent tons of hours into the game. Have all the heroes last sniper etc. The guys who said it would take 40 hours to unlock a hero had his math WAYYYYY off, i spent about 14 hours and already had 50k credits before they lowered the price by 75% on all heroes. Kinda bummed they did that. Now its so easy to get.

Minos   
Minos

Micro transactions (Crystals in game) have been completely removed from game FOR NOW.  They said they are reworking the system which is fantastic to hear, however, the fact that loot boxes is part of the progression is still in issue.   It's unnecessary and should be removed entirely imo.  Gambling slot machines shouldn't be any part of a full priced AAA game advertised for children.     Glad to see gamers actually making a stand against these greedy publishers.  Here's a link to their post: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/pre-launch-update?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_na_ic_soco_twt_swbfii-prelaunchblog-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=42029&ts=1510882133880

XpRsSn   
XpRsSn
3 hours ago, bonesrob13 said:

Completely inaccurate Xprssn, I have spent tons of hours into the game. Have all the heroes last sniper etc. The guys who said it would take 40 hours to unlock a hero had his math WAYYYYY off, i spent about 14 hours and already had 50k credits before they lowered the price by 75% on all heroes. Kinda bummed they did that. Now its so easy to get.

Wasn't really going for accuracy here. But regarding EA it's getting pretty close. Still, it's absolute bullshit there are micro transactions in a full priced game. I bought the Witcher 3 for 60 and that gave me 7 dlc for FREE. Some of those where side stories with a couple if hours gameplay. For free. 

• Like 1

Sulltorcha   
Sulltorcha

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

@bonesrob13 Please make this recruit topic, AOD, TAW, everyone is already there for a while now we are far behind the game...

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

" The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game. "

lol. Just buy our game guys, see we disabled it for now. We totally won't turn it back on or revert back while you're not looking. No sir!

• Like 1

Snow   
Snow

image.png

• Haha 1