Sign in to follow this  
Malakye

System Requirements

Malakye

Good Morning,

I am seeing if anyone can provide some real system requirements for this game. It looks very interesting but i am running an older system now and hopefully soon will be building a new / my first custom gaming rig. 

Here is my current system, it is a gaming laptop from 2012 and i know i overpaid for it and one of the main reasons i am building from now on. 

I will even play on low if need be, not sure i want to build a  $ 1000+ system now and then have it be outdated when the game releases, granted i could play tons of good games now but just looking for some feedback from people who play now.

Thank you all.

CPU 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-3720QM CPU
Operating System MS Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
RAM 8GB
RAM Upgradable to  
Hard Drive Size 500GB + 128GB mSATA SSD
Hard Drive Speed 7,200rpm
Hard Drive Type SATA Hard Drive + mSATA SSD
Display Size 17.3
Native Resolution 1920x1080
Optical Drive BD-R
Optical Drive Speed 8X
Graphics Card AMD 7970m - 2GB

Preacher

Hi Malakye,

you should be able to run it but not on high settings. When you upgrade keep in mind that according to Chris Roberts multi Cores and RAM will be a big help. I personally run a 5930k 6 core, 32GB of RAM, and dual 980ti's But if you don't overclock the intel 5820, 16GB of RAM, and a single 1080ti should work well. If your budget is tight then look at the new Ryzen chips by AMD 16GB of RAM, and a Nvidia 1080ti. I will probably upgrade myself once the game is about to launch. I was going to do it this year but decided to wait.

Malakye

Thanks Preacher,

I might try to DL the game this weekend and see how it runs on the old laptop. I am very interested in the Ryzen chips, i was just about sold on those a little while back trying to come up with a build and a budget. I probably wouldn't mind paying for the 32 GB of ram if it made it perform that much better. 

Can i ask the Resolution you play in ? I know it's alpha and with my budget i assume a solid 4K is out of the question but a nice 1440p frame rate would be fine by me.

Malakye

seems to be working, its running on low but i am able to play, so for now i can be happy with that and even on low the game looks good.

Malakye

It was working in the Arena modes but the Universe mode is extremely choppy , game keeps freezing and crashing on me. Have it on low settings, might have to accept it wont run that mode on this old computer. 

Wolfesscythe

I don't play this, though I plan to when it's actually released. Regarding the Ryzen, though. I have the Ryzen 1700x, and I would highly recommend it. If you're on budget, the Ryzen 5 series is still a pretty damn good processor for the cash, the Ryzen 5 series are quite capable as well. Couple that with a decent mobo and some ram that you can overclock to 2933, you should be golden.

Neil_Hines

Folks! I want to buy new gaming PC what I search and found the numbers of best PC for gaming what you guys give me suggestion about which gaming PC I buy for playing games, I'm thinking about to buy Corsair One Compact PC.

Plagueis
On 1/16/2018 at 1:30 AM, Neil_Hines said:

Folks! I want to buy new gaming PC what I search and found the numbers of best PC for gaming what you guys give me suggestion about which gaming PC I buy for playing games, I'm thinking about to buy Corsair One Compact PC.

Post this question in the information tech section. Tech Talk.  You should get some responses there.

Preacher

for a medium end system it looks pretty nice. keep in mind though it is a small form factor. So if you plan on upgrading it in the future you could be limited, but I definitely like it.