Sign in to follow this  
Teeplays

Kotton On UWS

Admiralfiggins   
Admiralfiggins

Totally valid and understandable for a solo players perspective, but also the devs of Tarkov have stated multiple times the intention of this being a squad based game. I feel like this divide of lone wolf vs. squad will only be somewhat sated when they release dynamic spawns/extracts.

• Like 1

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Hilarious.

Someone in chat: Kirimiddo: "I fucking hate UWS" 

Reminds me of the SAS days causing mayhem on DayZ which resulted in many salty players.

Keep up the good work boys.

• Like 1

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

I'm not the biggest fan of kotton, but I do have to agree with him in this one clip. That's a dirty move. I'd rather have the biggest tarkov streamer complain about getting outplayed than give us a reputation for cheesing the half implemented mechanics. 

That being said, I don't think I've ever killed the guy, and it does put our name out there. 

Edited by The Velvet Gentleman

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade
1 hour ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

I'm not the biggest fan of kotton, but I do have to agree with him in this one clip. That's a dirty move. I'd rather have the biggest tarkov streamer complain about getting outplayed than give us a reputation for cheesing the half implemented mechanics. 

That being said, I don't think I've ever killed the guy, and it does put our name out there. 

What were they doing that was consider a "dirty move"? I thought he was exaggerating on his description? Are there designated areas people spawn in on throughout the game or something?

Arthur   
Arthur

That could have come out worse on his part so I think he gets some credit there. Curious to see how solo/squad dynamics progress with the game.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

He has the same reaction with all the EFT community clan groups. The game is designed for group play...yet from time to time he gets salty. This was literally his last run of his streaming session. At least he's complaining of UWS working as a team rather than cheating or calling us a bunch of shit players. Plus, apart from the occasional rage rant Kotton always adjusts his tone and tries to redirect chat/conversation away from a hate rant against UWS or anyone else for that matter. I just though this event was funny. This isn't his first interaction against UWS and it won't be his last :). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

chasEE   
chasEE

Funnily enough I was actually in that recent game... We were running back to look for players when king_reggin and I got mowed down by Kotton (He was laying down on top of the personal storage lockers). Luckily Cynep was able to move off the road into a better position and kill Kotton when he re-peaked. I love it how he said we were "waiting" when in the stream you can see us running along the road and he was the one sitting on top of the personal storage lockers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cynep   
Cynep
10 hours ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

To clear things up as you can see by my nickname and Kotton's kill screen i was in that raid. We were going back there to do Prapor's mission to mark the Fuel trucks. and there was 5 of us in that raid not 3 so if we really did want to clear spawn there would have been 5 of us rolling through there.

• Like 1

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

https://clips.twitch.tv/AuspiciousCrepuscularWrenPJSugar

Above is a link to a Twtich Clip I made of Kotton getting annoyed by being killed by =UWS= Member. 

Congrats =UWS= Mike @MIKE

Feel free to watch Kotton.  He's a great streamer that is helping support the EFT Franchise. 

https://www.twitch.tv/kotton

• Like 1

JimboSlice   
JimboSlice

@Maverick V6 your comment in the twitch chat in that first video "My boys" haha too funny!

• Like 1

HighdefinitionHero   
HighdefinitionHero

I think his reaction is understandable, but it doesn't mean UWS are in the wrong, 5 man squads are not rare, I have been up against TAW on a solo run before now and taken 4 of them out to only be killed by the 5th.. Did i get salty? Fuck yeah but its how the game is designed nobody is stopping him from getting his stream buddies and killing it. Its just how you like to play. Goodjob though guys lets keep killing the streamers :D

• Like 2

MIKE   
MIKE

I am just seeing this now. I got very sick was unable to speak and since then I have not played with any squads. I've been solo since the beginning of October. Also, often the comms aren't professional enough on UWS, or member ethics disappoint me. Big shout out to UWS-Extrimal. We have died trying to recover each other's loot many times. Many fond memories with UWS members. I'll be back eventually.

It looks like he was only carrying a hatchet so no big deal. Kotton is a great player and ambassador for the game.

[SAMURAI BOWS TO KOTTON]

MIKE   
MIKE

I went back and watched the full clip to see how i killed him. He had just been stream sniped the round prior. and was just racing around Factory as a hatchling. I killed him with full gear. He ended the 5hour stream after I killed him. I think he was just tired and raging. I'm not proud of that kill. I just got lucky. Disappointing that Kotton complains about a squad in factory.

• Like 1

Rin   
Rin
1 hour ago, MIKE said:

I went back and watched the full clip to see how i killed him. He had just been stream sniped the round prior. and was just racing around Factory as a hatchling. I killed him with full gear. He ended the 5hour stream after I killed him. I think he was just tired and raging. I'm not proud of that kill. I just got lucky. Disappointing that Kotton complains about a squad in factory.

Would be pissed too if my runs been like that.

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade
2 hours ago, MIKE said:

I am just seeing this now. I got very sick was unable to speak and since then I have not played with any squads. I've been solo since the beginning of October. Also, often the comms aren't professional enough on UWS, or member ethics disappoint me. Big shout out to UWS-Extrimal. We have died trying to recover each other's loot many times. Many fond memories with UWS members. I'll be back eventually.

It looks like he was only carrying a hatchet so no big deal. Kotton is a great player and ambassador for the game.

[SAMURAI BOWS TO KOTTON]

Please remember member feedback and suggestions are just as important as captain and admin suggestions. Do not hesitate to PM mav with concerns and suggestions on what could be done better.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

I am all in favor of receiving criticism and or any suggestions in which can be used to make =UWS= better. However, lets please keep the remainder of this thread focused on the topic of "Kptton on =UWS=".  I would encourage anyone to post suggestions/comments/concerns in a separate thread so that all members that choose can express their thoughts.  Or, feel free to send me a Private Message on the forums or even come talk to me in TeamSpeak. Most the time if I am around and not playing the game you will see me in the EFT parent channel.  Thank you!

Sgt_Sammy   
Sgt_Sammy

This is definitely a more Squad based game so I have to disagree with Cotton here. There are plenty of Lone Wolf games out there that suit Lone Wolf players. In my opinion playing EFT is not recommended solo.

Edit* I just  want to be clear....From a high level of game play, the game should be looked at as Squad based game. Hope the game reaches E-sport level... From a casual gamer like myself... I don't mind running Factory a million times to sell stuff and of course grouping with all you pro players.

Edited by Sgt_Sammy