Sign in to follow this  
Trunkz Jr

What's for Dinner?

Trunkz Jr

Post your meals that you made or you had eating out,

try your best to post the name or if made share the recipe!

tumblr_nklw7hj3o51t55xupo1_400.gif 

Com}{rade

One of my favorite since I was a kid, which I now make, is Taco Salad. Here's my buy list for the meal:

Ground Turkey, Lean, 2LB

8 Tri-blend cans of organic beans (Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Black Beans)

Bag of tortilla chips w/ lime 

Mexican Style shredded cheese

1 pack of Organic Spicy Taco Seasoning Mix

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

2 Avacado

2 Onions

Cherry Tomatoes

2 Heads of iceberg lettuce (or what ever you want)

Kraft Classic Catalina Dressing

--------------------------------------------------

Will post cooking/assembling method later (assuming I don't forget). lol

I don't plan to cook going forward though, as @SkullCracker has offered to be a good subservient wife and have meals for me daily.

l-RUSE-|
2 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

8 Tri-blend cans of organic beans (Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Black Beans)

Save the money and sodium and buy equivalent bags of these and soak them the night before! Your beans will have a lot more character and body, speaking of body your systolic BP will thank you for cutting the sodium as well haha. Other than that sounds good!

Com}{rade
11 minutes ago, l-RUSE-| said:

Save the money and sodium and buy equivalent bags of these and soak them the night before! Your beans will have a lot more character and body, speaking of body your systolic BP will thank you for cutting the sodium as well haha. Other than that sounds good!

That's time I don't have or want to spend, lol. You're not getting enough sodium from this to be a problem. And I really don't need to go any lower than 110/58.

https://www.simpletruth.com/products/tri-bean-blend/

This is what I use. You could literally just drain the beans and then rinse as well if needed. 

The one thing I hate that I do have on the recipe is Kraft Classic Catalina Dressing. If I could find a good alternative I like, I would dump it for a better brand. But it's hard to get that similar taste from other brands that I've tried.

l-RUSE-|
14 minutes ago, Com}{rade said:

That's time I don't have or want to spend, lol. You're not getting enough sodium from this to be a problem. And I really don't need to go any lower than 110/58.

https://www.simpletruth.com/products/tri-bean-blend/

This is what I use. You could literally just drain the beans and then rinse as well if needed. 

The one thing I hate that I do have on the recipe is Kraft Classic Catalina Dressing. If I could find a good alternative I like, I would dump it for a better brand. But it's hard to get that similar taste from other brands that I've tried.

For simple truth, thats perfectly fine imo, but you will always get a better texture from self soaking. I noted that for the l33t computar gamer who likes to eat tv dinners and fast food with high blood pressure. But in reality, you just fill a pot with water and drop them in, faster than brushing your teeth lol.

Com}{rade
18 minutes ago, l-RUSE-| said:

For simple truth, thats perfectly fine imo, but you will always get a better texture from self soaking. I noted that for the l33t computar gamer who likes to eat tv dinners and fast food with high blood pressure. But in reality, you just fill a pot with water and drop them in, faster than brushing your teeth lol.

I'm sure it is better, but mixed into this blend of a meal, you really think you're going to notice a big difference? Especially not one where I need to soak them overnight for preparations the next day. I'm a do it when it's time for eating kind of guy, lol. But, for shits and giggles I will buy them individually at like Sprouts or something and just see. :D

l-RUSE-|
1 minute ago, Com}{rade said:

I'm sure it is better, but mixed into this blend of a meal, you really think you're going to notice a big difference? Especially not one where I need to soak them overnight for preparations the next day. I'm a do it when it's time for eating kind of guy, lol. But, for shits and giggles I will buy them individually at like Sprouts or something and just see. :D

ya were different haha, I always prep my meals for the next day to get that extra bit of flavor that only time will give you. Like potatoes, I keep a few boiled potatoes in the fridge so when the time comes I can just slice or dice them in the morning and finish them off on a hot pan. Or ill marinade overnight to get that good flavor deep in whatever meat im cooking, did a salmon marinated in olive oil, lemon juce and dill and man o man it was good.

If you cook 2-3 meals a day prepping comes in handy alot like having prediced onions and fun stuff like that

Com}{rade
7 minutes ago, l-RUSE-| said:

ya were different haha, I always prep my meals for the next day to get that extra bit of flavor that only time will give you. Like potatoes, I keep a few boiled potatoes in the fridge so when the time comes I can just slice or dice them in the morning and finish them off on a hot pan. Or ill marinade overnight to get that good flavor deep in whatever meat im cooking, did a salmon marinated in olive oil, lemon juce and dill and man o man it was good.

If you cook 2-3 meals a day prepping comes in handy alot like having prediced onions and fun stuff like that

If you ask nicely, I'll let you be my wife and you can cook me dinner anytime. :megusta:

l-RUSE-|

Be wary if I become your wife ill only call you daddy :)

• Turned On 1

Trunkz Jr

Went to a pho place last weekend. 

IMG_0036.jpg

I had Spicy stir fried udon noodles (beef)

IMG_0039.jpg

Chopper had Grilled Pork chop with fried egg n Rice 

IMG_0041.jpg

Mine looks pretty nasty, I usually don't care for bean sprout (I always ask for no bean sprout in my Ramen) but it was actually very good I would order it again at this place. Hers was good too, tho her salad kinda looked like crap but who cares about salad anyway lol.. 

• Like 1

l-RUSE-|

Mbs8b0P.jpg 

What i had for dinner last night, that red snapper nigiri (tai) was so fucking good. The roll on the left had a warm flavor to it, really savory, while the roll on the right (california roll topped with salmon, avacado, and a wasabi honey sauce tasted super fresh and tasty. I didnt really LOVE the scallop nigiri but dipped meat down in soy really took it up a level. 

• Like 2

l-RUSE-|

l5KmuTH.jpg

some salmon ala paper plate i made a day or so ago idk wheere the rest of the dill went

• Like 1

SkullCracker

Braciole

6-8 Organic hard boiled eggs. Depends on how many slices of meat you'll have.

Italian or Sicilian salami, sliced thin. All depends on how many you'll be making is what you'll need.

2/3 cup of grated Provolone cheese

1/3  cup crated Asiago cheese

3/4  cup of Italian bread crumbs

1-2 teaspoons of pepper.

Olive oil, depends on how much you make. I eye it up and add as needed. It's just for coating the meat.

As for the meat. You can use top round and have them slice it thin or use flank steak and have it sliced thin. I usually get around 2lb of meat and I use top round. FYI, not that thin. You need to pound it out and stretch it a little :)

Since I won't give out the recipe for her sauce you can buy some store crap or try making your own.

Instructions.

Take the meat and pound it out. Yes it's thin but not enough. Pounding it out also stretches it and makes it more tender.

Mix the two cheeses with the bread crumbs together along with the pepper.

Rub the meat with olive oil :)

Rub the cheese mixture on the inside until the meat is completely covered.

Take a slice of the Salami and a slice of the egg and put them towards the end of the meat.

Take the one end with the Salami and egg and roll it up while making sure it stays tight.

Now take the Braciole and put tooth pics through them. One usually works but all depends on the size of the meat :)

Now if you don't have your own red sauce recipe make sure you buy something good and is just a plain sauce. No veggies no nothing but plain old red sauce. Pop the Braciole into the slow cooker. Once you have them filled up add the sauce and make sure they are all covered in the sauce. Don't want any of them not being covered. Turn the slow cooker on high for about 1 hr and after that on low for about another 4 -5 hours. Let them cook nice and slow.

Serve with angle hair pasta and enjoy my woman's family recipe from Sicily. I make these often because she won't and I love em. Lots of work goes into making these because I usually make around 40 of them.

The pic is what they'll look like when they are done. They are that damn good. I'll post the Spadini recipe another time along with my  Pablano Chile, green chili is what I call it recipe. First pic is of the Braciole and the other on the broiling pan is Sicilian Spadini. Just showing you what they'll look like.

Braciole31-thumb-596x350-258382.jpg

img_0523.jpg

Edited by SkullCracker
  • Like 1

SkullCracker

The Spadini is meat candy. I make around 80 of them because they are that good. And every time I do make them people end up coming over. It's like they smell them from miles away and show up at our door.....the truth.

SkullCracker
5 hours ago, Trunkz Jr said:

Went to a pho place last weekend. 

IMG_0036.jpg

I had Spicy stir fried udon noodles (beef)

IMG_0039.jpg

Chopper had Grilled Pork chop with fried egg n Rice 

IMG_0041.jpg

Mine looks pretty nasty, I usually don't care for bean sprout (I always ask for no bean sprout in my Ramen) but it was actually very good I would order it again at this place. Hers was good too, tho her salad kinda looked like crap but who cares about salad anyway lol.. 

484790906.jpg

That's what ya want. We have a Pho restaurant right up the road. I get what ya see in the pic. The name of the place was Pho King until people complained...lol....silly morons.

Edited by SkullCracker
  • Like 1

l-RUSE-|

5K4arT7.jpg 

what i had for dinner, paper plate once again lol

• Like 1

l-RUSE-|

FJf96hW.jpg 

Last nights dinner, from left to right a ginger salad, miso soup, on the first plate California rolls, tuna, salmon, shrimp, squid, red snapper (fav). and clam nigiri. Bowl on the left was a tempura shrimp udon, and the bowl to the right is a tempura shrimp rice dish with fried veggies, on the other plate a tiger roll, and I got a tempura hot roll with salmon, jalapeno, creme cheese and avocado 

For tonights dinner im doing a bbq chicken and this is what we have going on with that so far 

jch9hRK.jpg

I made a spice rub of onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Going to cook on low for 4 hours then broil 5 mins each side to get a sexy char

Chopper

Since I’ve been into cooking since the beginning of the year you guys will see a lot of our dinner.  😋 

I made some Shiyou Ramen last night 

11A8CDC8-1CAB-46B6-9AE4-DFE2FB44C7D7.jpeg

@Trunkz Jr

• Thanks 1
  • Turned On 1

Cherry

Salmon Taco's

rub down salmon in lime juice, then carne asada seasoning.

air fry at 400 for 7 min

remove and flake salmon, add 1 tbsp Taco Bell hot sauce and stir

Chop cabbage thin, add cilantro and tbsp lime juice, stir.

fill shell and drizzle Jalapeno ranch over it and eat. 

71803553_10215507462303891_6804533415950417920_n.jpg

• Like 1

Donkeychron

Had a mcgangbang from McDee's. Felt good going down, sure it won't later tho.

one4u2nb

not necessarily dinner but here's what i ate 🤪 spacer.pngsmoke pork sausage, shitake mushroom, baked potatoes, bacon, eggs and bread 

• Like 1