Oo-Nomad-oO

FPS boost for Tarkov.

Oo-Nomad-oO

Hi all, found this on Reddit, a little trick to boost FPS apparently. People are reporting it's working, I personally haven't experienced any noticeable change myself, but hopefully it works better for you guys, let me know below:

1. Go into your Escape from Tarkov folder, mine is C;/Games/EFT
  2. Head into EFT, right click EscapeFromTarkov.exe
  3. Select properties
  4. Navigate to compability
  5. Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and select application in the drop-down below
  6. Hit "OK"

Hope it helps.

Krevan

I happened upon this post on the EFT Subreddit just a few days before I actually bought the game, and so while going through setting the game up the initial time, I did this. Can't say for sure if it helped me, but I have seen a lot of people on Reddit say it works. Thanks for bringing it to everyone here, though! 

Tarwin

for me that option is grayed out, how do i fix that ? 

GroverUSMC

For me it made it so my mouse no longer was able to be used as a teamspeak push to talk short cut, but my FPS did improve

sleepsomewhile

Seems the same FPS for me. And the push-to-talk button seems working as well.

Edited by sleepsomewhile

XpRsSn

Another thing i've found on youtube. If you put your settings to low and then close the game. Restart it and then put it to ultra or high this clears the cache for some reason and makes the game a lot smoother in my experience. 

Rin
9 hours ago, XpRsSn said:

Another thing i've found on youtube. If you put your settings to low and then close the game. Restart it and then put it to ultra or high this clears the cache for some reason and makes the game a lot smoother in my experience. 

Its what we call in game development shader caching. Shaders are cached at disk for making loading stuff faster etc. If you clean that up not everything loads to memory thus supposedly making your game faster. (Tho you will be generating the same shaders and reach the same stage the more you play anyway.) Do it maybe once everyday for now should give some performance.

• Like 1

SpyNavy

Any additional tips -- I get some wicked stuttering and lockups.  

Kedzie

If you ever have problems with the Teamspeak push to talk (PTT), then simply launch Teamspeak as an administrator. Any program ran as admin will have priority over non-admin, therefore your key binds will not work in the background. You probably have Tarkov ran as admin, so launch TS as admin as well, and PTT should work.