Sign in to follow this  
Tashpeters

Recognition

Tashpeters   
Tashpeters

Hey guys, I think we have had some pretty steady players who might be "newer" but can we get some recognition or titles for our active players? I also would like to designate "Squad Leaders" in TS, so we know who likes to set orders and be leaders. Can we also add "Pilot" and "Tanker" as tags for those who primarily like those roles? Show your support if you guys agree and/or would like to nominate active players for recognition. 

• Like 2

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Flux should have the ability to set the BF channels to how you guys want it, unless he isn't comfortable with messing around with icons and their permission settings.

I think a Squad Leader tag that is visible in the BF channels is an interesting idea (like how certain tags are applied in star citizen ect.) so that players are aware of the squad leads coming into TS and whose orders to be following.

We also have Medals for BF and I'd highly suggest you start recommending people to he game admin/captains for these awards so they can be awarded them during the meetings.

Zer0Wulf   
Zer0Wulf

I’m on board with Tash on this. Good idea. Hopefully flux feels the same.

• Like 1

4F73RM47H   
4F73RM47H

I could get on board with this idea. I particularly like the squad leader in TS idea, as a guy who likes to be squad lead it could be helpful. 

FluxChiller   
FluxChiller

Hey guys, i love it. Gimme a few days and ill circle back for details.

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

I don't think we need perma icons if thats what you mean, too much clutter, but if you mean channel group tags like Escape From Tarkov (like how they have SCAV at the side of their name) have that should be easy enough. Like this?

med21.png

• Turned On 1

one4u2nb   
one4u2nb
2 hours ago, Trunkz Jr said:

I don't think we need perma icons if thats what you mean, too much clutter, but if you mean channel group tags like Escape From Tarkov (like how they have SCAV at the side of their name) have that should be easy enough. Like this?

med21.png

I like this idea over the icons, but i think we should also try how the icons go? see how it fits more for the BF channel. @Trunkz Jr @FluxChiller 

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

This does give you an Icon 

test53.png

But if what you wanted is just "Squad leader" as a tag then we can remove those and just do that. Those icons are just place holders we can always find better ones.

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

I'd suggest having Squad Leader as a permanent tag (only in BF channels of course) for those who are recommended as being good leaders during game. 

The other tags, such as Medic ect., don't particularly serve a purpose in of itself, BUT, perhaps you could do it as a recognition of the best medic or support? Monthly thing that can change depending on whose voted on or recommended?

• Like 1

4F73RM47H   
4F73RM47H

I don't think we should do class based icon's for the simple fact that I personally change classes 3-10 times a match, give or take . Could be a bit annoying changing that in TS to match what I'm currently playing as.

@Com}{rade This is exactly what i'm thinking. I like that idea a bit more, kinda cumbersome having the class based stuff in TS but the squad leader could be a good thing to have. 

• Like 1

FluxChiller   
FluxChiller

lol nice avatar aftermath. 

I personally just like the icons, i feel the text clutters up the name, if you added that text in plus, an away status and maybe another tag it would be crazy. 

The icons can be given out to people who want them. Squad leader, support, assault, sniper, medic. Im open to whatever though.

one4u2nb   
one4u2nb

Icons and tags are fixed thanks to @YchopperY .hope you guys enjoy the new feature for the BF channels.:deal_with_it:

PappySnafu   
PappySnafu

Looks like I'm 3 hrs late to the discussion. :( 
I'm all for anything that allows people to get more enjoyment out of their games without removing the same from others.

S~ Cheers!

Zer0Wulf   
Zer0Wulf

Quick question, are we able to edit our own tags for this (I’m not able to assign myself to a channel group for this)? Otherwise this kinda fails as I change classes pretty often.