Jump to content
Minos

Siege changing Recoil patterns of weapons

Recommended Posts

Minos   
Minos

Not sure how I feel about this.  It's nice to know I will be able to master weapons and such, but I worry that weapons like the R4-C are gonna be mastered by many and be insane laser guns.  It's something that was annoying in games like BF3 with the AEK.  I'd be interested though in seeing how it plays out in game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

I think it's a good idea. If it fixes the alignment issue where the bullet doesn't go where the sights are pointing, that is in-itself a win. Then you have the ability to really learn a weapon and master it by understanding the pattern. I don't think that aspect is really that big of a concern in a CQC environment like siege where the ttk is very short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snow   
Snow

I get the idea behind it but it will just make certain operators even more of a problem (aka Ash), plus with no RNG they are going to have an even harder time balancing the recoil across guns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Why is Ash such a problem? She's what, ranked 4th or something on top weapon damage for attackers? All weapon classes have same damage falloff too:

Fall-off starts at 25m and ends at 35m

The weapons already have recoil, so I'm sure they can fine tune it going forward if need be. It's like BF, you want to be able to understand the weapon and have consistency and also have your bullets going where your aiming (which is the biggest fix thankfully with this move).

I don't like RNG, especially due to bad mechanics. Takes away from skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Minos   
Minos
4 minutes ago, Com}{rade said:

Why is Ash such a problem? She's what, ranked 4th or something on top weapon damage for attackers? All weapon classes have same damage falloff too:

Fall-off starts at 25m and ends at 35m

The weapons already have recoil, so I'm sure they can fine tune it going forward if need be. It's like BF, you want to be able to understand the weapon and have consistency and also have your bullets going where your aiming (which is the biggest fix thankfully with this move).

I don't like RNG, especially due to bad mechanics. Takes away from skill.

The system now while considered RNG, it's still predictable.    Each operator's gun recoils in a general direction (upper left, right, etc.)  It's not like you can't learn and master a weapon now because you can.    

 

The new system changing the recoil only means you can just memorize the recoil pattern every time to make it like a laser of a gun (Again, an issue in many shooters like I already mentioned guns like the aek in bf3 which brings unnecessary balancing issues)  Memorization doesn't mean skill, it's a more arcade design decision which I can understand, but I prefer the system in place now.  More realistic, and still possible to manage weapons adequately.  I just think this change will only bring more bad than good.  Knowing Ubi, it will most likely heavily mess with weapon balance and overall game play which is not something I want to deal with after going through Op Heath for 3 months.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snow   
Snow
16 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

Why is Ash such a problem? She's what, ranked 4th or something on top weapon damage for attackers? All weapon classes have same damage falloff too:

Fall-off starts at 25m and ends at 35m

The weapons already have recoil, so I'm sure they can fine tune it going forward if need be. It's like BF, you want to be able to understand the weapon and have consistency and also have your bullets going where your aiming (which is the biggest fix thankfully with this move).

I don't like RNG, especially due to bad mechanics. Takes away from skill.

She might be 4th in DMG but she is the top picked operator and has pretty much the highest win/loss and K/D across all platforms and ranks lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Com}{rade   
Com}{rade
16 hours ago, Minos said:

The system now while considered RNG, it's still predictable.    Each operator's gun recoils in a general direction (upper left, right, etc.)  It's not like you can't learn and master a weapon now because you can.    

 

The new system changing the recoil only means you can just memorize the recoil pattern every time to make it like a laser of a gun (Again, an issue in many shooters like I already mentioned guns like the aek in bf3 which brings unnecessary balancing issues)  Memorization doesn't mean skill, it's a more arcade design decision which I can understand, but I prefer the system in place now.  More realistic, and still possible to manage weapons adequately.  I just think this change will only bring more bad than good.  Knowing Ubi, it will most likely heavily mess with weapon balance and overall game play which is not something I want to deal with after going through Op Heath for 3 months.  

 

Weapons will still have recoil and they will be different on the weapon itself. That allows for a lot more diversity in actually using weapons. Frankly, I've never tested recoil patterns currently or ever felt I needed too. With a CQC such as siege, the amount of times I'm drastically impacted by an unknown recoil movement is close to nigh. I compensate as I shoot. It's really no change to be, other than actual differences per weapon that are actually noticeable and knowable. I feel like laser beam accuracy is a bit of a stretch, we're already there with this game to be frank. TTK is low and people die fast. You can already understand recoil patterns now and master a gun in its current state as you say, isn't that laser beam accuracy already?

The biggest issue I have is the misalignment issue. That isn't enjoyable to me and I don't think the current system is worth keeping if the trade off is having misalignment still plague this game.

I understand what you're saying, I just don't think it's going to be the outcome you guys think it will be. We will see though, and hopefully it will surprise us in a positive way.

42 minutes ago, Snow said:

She might be 4th in DMG but she is the top picked operator and has pretty much the highest win/loss and K/D across all platforms and ranks lol

Because she has a good weapon, a good gadget and is 3 speed, making her viable on basically all maps. We were discussing damage of the weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VertigoElation   
VertigoElation

I think random is better and its too bad they couldn't fix ADS alignment.  It would be nice if they at least use this to re-balance some weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us

Powered By

×