Sign in to follow this  
OiLSLiCK

New beta footage and summary

OiLSLiCK   
OiLSLiCK

With the possibility of modding, does that mean we'll get better admin controls??????

• Like 1

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Looks like McGregor in the 9th/10th round....

Tired. Fatigued.  With a small glimmer of hope that it may pull through to stay relevant in a fight it has little chance at winning. 

But I hope the developers can turn this game from cat shit into dog shit. :D

(Insert backlash here)  

In all seriousness, I hope the game delivers what its fans have always wanted. Mod support seems like it will be the life support for the game moving forward.  Fingers crossed that the game will once again be successful. 

• Like 2

Rocky.Fx   
Rocky.Fx

I think the BETA is promising as long as they do all these things which there saying they are planning 

rifledude   
rifledude

It really is a make or break moment for the Devs.

It's hard not to notice that the vast majority of the hate on DayZ comes from players that have had very little exposure to it, complaining of issues that have been fixed for years.

I have no doubt this update will make the current playerbase happy, and bring some of the older players back in, but if they want to be the number 1 game once again when it comes to survival games they're going to have to fight for it. Over the past few years, a lot of games have came out to compete, some good, some bad, but all of them are competition.

• Like 1

Donkey   
Donkey

Seriously they just need to open mod support and it will be good again.  They cant expect people to keep playing their game for years without any new content.

• Like 1

JBox88   
JBox88

I'm interested in mods, and I think the dev team can turn this around but it wont be just releasing Beta without mods. 

OiLSLiCK   
OiLSLiCK
On 9/2/2017 at 1:21 AM, Donkey said:

Seriously they just need to open mod support and it will be good again.  They cant expect people to keep playing their game for years without any new content.

In this video, they mention mod support possibly starting in the beta stage.

• Like 1

Rin   
Rin

@OiLSLiCK The whole info we got are, Beta will include mods, Full vehicle work, New animations system, Base building. Far fetch is what it sounds like but its their last chance or its their nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Any news on hosting servers without the bullshit monopoly currently? I thought originally they said at beta communities could start hosting their own. I'm sure they will go back on this, but I hope not.

Rin   
Rin
10 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

Any news on hosting servers without the bullshit monopoly currently? I thought originally they said at beta communities could start hosting their own. I'm sure they will go back on this, but I hope not.

That too yes. You cannot mod without the server files anyway.

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

Fingers crossed :soldier:

• Like 1