Com}{rade

FOXHOLE Roll Call - Persistent World Warfare

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Alright guys/gals, I'm looking to get a count on who currently owns the game and to put the game out there for any interested.

This game is Early Access, but in a stable playable build. They spent about a year in pre-alpha with community testers before getting to a stable point to submit to early access. View the steam page below for a description, but to sum it up FOXHOLE is basically taking Company of Heroes RTS combined with a Heroes and Generals (Massive warfare across different fronts) type of aspect. They are planning to expand this game into a World Conquest mode, where hundreds of players will fight in the same war across multiple territories. Currently, each war is on one map (multiple maps in the game), 120 players, which can last days upon days upon days.

Everything single thing in the game is done by players. No wall, no ammo, no resource, is available unless players are actively supplying or making it. This game heavily relies on logistical support, supplying front-lines, making ammo, guns, materials and of course, the other half being the troops who fight. Every person is the same. Nobody has certain skills or attributes over others. A fresh spawn is the same as someone else whose been online for hours. The mere fact you log in, and go to the frontline, provides help to the overall war effort. If you login and simply collect scrap and create materials for 10 minutes, provides help to the overall war effort. Anything you do essentially helps the entire war effort. This is a very team based, working together game.

This game isn't for everyone, and the camera is top down, RTS like. So be aware of that. The combat can be harsh and intense, and you will die and re-spawn often . You're merely a small cog in a large machine. But the larger machine and watching it work is what is pretty awesome about the game. If you want to revive people/heal, you can do that right from the get go. You want to repair tanks on the front? You can do that. Want to build foxholes and defenses, you can do it. Nothing restricts you outside the resources needed for it. Everything is connected and done by players all fulfilling different roles.

It's only $19.99, so not deep on the price. I actually sold PUBG crates to pay for half of it. :P

View the game here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/505460/Foxhole/

Roll Call:

commie

MistDreamer

TactiTaco

Skullcracker

Donkey

BestBuySecurity

Rifledude

Daniel181

• Like 2

Minos   
Minos

I really like the concept of the game.  I am gonna do the same and sell some PUBG items to work towards purchasing the game. I'll update you if I pick it up.  

• Like 1

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Got to say the games been a blast when having a team. This games very team based and requires logistics, builders and soldiers to be working in unison to further the war effort. Very addicting game.

Snow   
Snow

I'll have to take a look

Donkey   
Donkey

Its a great game you guys should give it a try. I've been inactive with the clan for quite awhile now but this game brought me back. I've been hanging around at the foxhole channel hoping to find somebody to play with. So far I've only played a single game with Mistdreamer and it didnt last long. But im still hoping to find people to play with.

• Like 1

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade
3 hours ago, Donkey said:

Its a great game you guys should give it a try. I've been inactive with the clan for quite awhile now but this game brought me back. I've been hanging around at the foxhole channel hoping to find somebody to play with. So far I've only played a single game with Mistdreamer and it didnt last long. But im still hoping to find people to play with.

Glad you're back. We did some serious damage with the mortars tonight. I will be trying to recruit more and getting others interested in this game when possible, it's very much catered to large groups which is perfect for a community.

Feel free to try to pull in any players you meet in game too and get them on teamspeak.

BestBuySecurity   
BestBuySecurity

I played this in early access and haven't played it much sense, if you guys don't mind teaching a newbie I'd be down to join in sometime.

• Like 1

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade
2 hours ago, BestBuySecurity said:

I played this in early access and haven't played it much sense, if you guys don't mind teaching a newbie I'd be down to join in sometime.

Awesome! Nice thing about the game is the foundations are easy to learn, but how you implement them and work together is where the real fun/strat comes into play.

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Added a few more to the list, getting a nice size here for running ops.

Like to welcome @rifledude who was peer pressured into buying, who completely dominated in combat his first night and a welcome @Daniel181 who just recently joined us to play Foxhole. Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

TactiTaco   
TactiTaco

That was a great night's work, we changed the structure of that battlefield! It was a great time!

ProphetBeal   
ProphetBeal

This looks really interesting...$20 isn't bad, I might pick it up

Bugwar   
Bugwar

I have the game and have been playing for a bit.

VERY addictive.

Have to force myself to session limits, cuz at the end of two hours - there is still more to do towards winning the battle, and if you don't do it, who will?

Sorta like Starcraft economy, without the bots. Everyone in the game has the potential to do all roles; manufacturing, resource accumulation, construction, combat, etc.

Can have fun lone wolfing, though teams are where you can really make an impact.

• Like 1