Sign in to follow this  
SgtOpt

Bear or USEC on Final Release

SgtOpt   
SgtOpt

Will the clan decide on which faction to roll upon final release of EFT or will it still be something that is left to each individual to decide?  I would be nice for us to look the same, but I know people like the different factions for different reasons.

Thoughts?

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Hard to say at this point. We do not have enough information at this point to make a final decision.  Last I heard, each player will have 3 PMCs and a SCAV mode.  I would assume that one of the 3 PMCs would be of the opposite Faction. Thus I think you will have both a BEAR and USEC to play upon full release.  Why 3 PMCs?? I believe they hope to implement a system in which if your character comes out of a RAID injured he will need time to recover in his hideout to regain full strength/health.  If recovery isn't optimized then your PMC may suffer for disease, weakness, fatigue if going in to another RAID too early.  

Ultimately we need more information.

• Like 1

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

I know next wipe I'm going BEAR unless they fix the USEC face. At this rate with the CBT he's going to look like he just rolled out of a methadone clinic. 

proof.thumb.jpg.9201eff4d985a62015470a535ff43408.jpg

Epoxin   
Epoxin

I wish they would implement femal character models, preferably not looking like the drug selling trading rapist ...

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

No female characters in EFT.

Developers have mentioned no intentions of making female character models. Who knows, may change later --unlikely. 

Garbix   
Garbix

True on USEC operator. Looks like neanderthal after the rehab

Tax   
Tax

I'm switching back to USEC on release. BEAR has been fun I guess, but my guy gets way too talkative whenever I throw grenades (I don't recall ever hearing a USEC guy talk when he nades).

Krevan   
Krevan
On 10/3/2017 at 5:18 PM, Tax said:

I'm switching back to USEC on release. BEAR has been fun I guess, but my guy gets way too talkative whenever I throw grenades (I don't recall ever hearing a USEC guy talk when he nades).

I haven't played all that much in the short time I've owned EFT, but I picked USEC and have never heard him say anything. Kind of nice tbh. Always annoying when you're trying to be stealthy as SCAV and he yells out. 

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Bears - yell upon throwing grenade

USEC - are easier to taunt which can easily give away your location

At this time there is not significant reason to choose one faction over the other. Yet Bears are just cooler :)

Meowers   
Meowers

I'd go USEC just because the green camo can at least blend into the forest environment, though character customization is ready to be deployed (confirmed by devs during gamescom). 

HighdefinitionHero   
HighdefinitionHero

I have always enjoyed the AK's more than M4's due to the fact they're more expendable so probably bears 

Tax   
Tax

Well I changed back to USEC. Now I can throw my frags silently, but sadly my guy makes a TON of noise whenever he's injured. Seems like a trade-off, but I'm happy with my choice =).

BestBuySecurity   
BestBuySecurity

Fan of both weapons, I get injured a lot more than i throw grenades so I'm happy with BEAR. I just hope later on it doesn't lock us into black shirt or camo shirt and we actually have some options for clothing.

Krafter   
Krafter

USEC Face doesn't bother me too much, but if we get the features that they have been talking about for our PMCs then I may switch to BEAR.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Clothing options will be coming soon.  With last patch I don't recall my bear yelling when I throw grenades.  Not sure if there is a difference when you pull a grenade out and throw versus hitting 'g' and tossing one.