Sign in to follow this  
The Velvet Gentleman

Useful Non-UWS Videos

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
Posted (edited)

I thought we could use a non-UWS video thread in here from helpful members of the global Tarkov community. I've been following this chap below and he has some really interesting tests. Not all of them are as scientific as I would I like, but they're helpful to get an idea of how weapons, attachments, and ammo are behaving. I'm expecting to see some more and higher quality videos out of this guy so keep an eye out.

Reginaldesq:

Edit: I should add that his "stopping power" spreadsheet should not be taken too seriously as the sample sizes are not big enough for theorycrafting. 

Edited by The Velvet Gentleman

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk

love it keep linking the good one buddy

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Interesting video! For those that can't watch or are pressed for time:

1) Use shotguns in sub 60 m engagements. 

2) Closer the better. 

3) At this time adding a  Choke does not affect Bullet spread

4) Drastic spread profile beyond 40-60m.  

5) Slugs appear to use similar spread profile as buckshot - not sure if this is working as intended to possibly combat sniping with shotgun slugs.  

Thanks for the video @The Velvet Gentleman

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

This Youtuber had some cool ideas about EFT.  I have to say that a lot of what he spoke about is already being adjusted/implemented by the BSG developers. Exciting, all things to look forward to .  So much potential still with this game. 

What are your thoughts?

Epoxin   
Epoxin

I watch a lot of that u tuber and a lot of what he says is valid i think.  The maps do need random spawns, for scavs, usec etc and more importantly loot. Running from A to B then extract is tedious, i want to be forced to search the whole map for the key, guns, etc.   Uniforms are cool too, will help more, especially if they go to the next unspoken stage and ever implement clan customisation for uniforms. At the moment im in and out of EFT, replayiing The Diviison again from level 1, but hopefully some changes hit soon as I do love this game and agree it has massive potential.

Tax   
Tax
On 9/2/2017 at 6:27 AM, Epoxin said:

I watch a lot of that u tuber and a lot of what he says is valid i think.  The maps do need random spawns, for scavs, usec etc and more importantly loot. Running from A to B then extract is tedious, i want to be forced to search the whole map for the key, guns, etc.   Uniforms are cool too, will help more, especially if they go to the next unspoken stage and ever implement clan customisation for uniforms. At the moment im in and out of EFT, replayiing The Diviison again from level 1, but hopefully some changes hit soon as I do love this game and agree it has massive potential.

Yeah random loot (or at least more randomized) would be quite helpful.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Epoxin   
Epoxin

Damn sneaky places .. now is it game mechanics or exploits?

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Arguably both.  

However, the video maker in his opinion feels that 'power-leveling' skills with unintended means is a direct exploitation of the game and its intended mechanics. Sure people can stack Bags within bags to get overburdened and level their strength to max...but is that right?  I personally think not,  Now there is another YouTube content creator whom he mentions in this video that has recently published multiple videos on how to "power level" your passive skills by using "in game mechanics".  Is it cheating?... arguably no.  But was glitching weapons in the gamma container cheating?? Well not exactly (at least not viewed by the BSG developers), but it did give you a knowingly advantage [as to why at =UWS= we do not approve of this behavior].  Will these things be fixed in time? Likely but time will tell.  I hope so.  

I don't feel that reaching those areas is frowned upon, yet power-leveling skills is something to debate. 

Arthur   
Arthur

I think a lot of us are aware of the mechanics but some may find these useful. Will update as the new ones come out.

HighdefinitionHero   
HighdefinitionHero

Good video's thanks

Edited by HighdefinitionHero