Maverick V6

TeamSpeak Channels for EFT

Borscht   
Borscht

Let's just try to work on an "honor" basis and if any admin spots a "muted" player, he'll just move them himself.

NuNu   
NuNu

Can we get a few more channels please, and rename them to the map names so we can link the forum posts to the description please? With the growing player base for us i think it would be a good idea to make this a little easier for the newer members. We also need more channels as we were at full capacity last night with almost 5 in every room. PUBG has more channels and less active members.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

I will look to add new channels soon. Getting back from vacation today. 

I don't want to rename the EFT raid channel names to specific map names as I don't think that will help our player base. We will run into more annoying problems such as players playing factory when sitting in the shoreline channel. 

NuNu   
NuNu

Its more for linking forum posts relevant to the raids we do than this is the channel for playing that map, A work around for this is to add the 4 map locations to all descriptions to every channel

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
21 minutes ago, NuNu said:

Its more for linking forum posts relevant to the raids we do than this is the channel for playing that map, A work around for this is to add the 4 map locations to all descriptions to every channel

I may simply create a link to our starter pack in all our channels.  The starter pack holds all our useful info. Thanks. (I'll fix it today)

NuNu   
NuNu

@Trunkz Jr Also it would be nice to see EFT at the top of ts3 as were the most active :D 

Thomas   
Thomas

We Need a afk channel.   A factory run channel, Shoreline/customs.

Make uws- tags mandatory for all members

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

We Need a afk channel.   A factory run channel, Shoreline/customs.

Make uws- tags mandatory for all members

AFK channel is already available in our EFT TeamSpeak. As a community we feel that adding separate AFK channels for each game will cause too much clutter.  Our Admin Bot also automatically moves people that are AFK after a period of time.  

We also decided previously that adding specific map channels wouldn't be best as we already have an issue of people using channels incorrectly.  As an example, we wouldn't want a group playing in the Factory lobby, then stay in it while playing Customs.  It is a good idea but at this time I don't think will help with much. We may always make changes as time moves on. 

Epoxin   
Epoxin

HI

Great work on what can be a big headache in organising the channels to cope with an increasing user base.  Just putting a few ideas out ;

1) Would it be possible to have a few 3 man squad channels (alos see 2); to validate this request; its not being anti social but some people prefer to run 3 man squads now and again as its easier to manage comms in game and they may want/like the challenge of facing more enemies within a game that going in full 5 man would negate. due to the player limit count on maps. We allready have solo and full squad channels but there is a need for a middle ground.

2) Most importantly, would it be possible to limit some of the channels player sizes to say, one man extra above the count, so for full squad rooms make the max limit of players that can join as 6, for 3 men as 4. A player seeking to join a game would still be able to drop in and ask or sit in, wait for that slot and listen to the in game chatter, could also be a learning experience for that player as they would be hearing how the players maintain comms, make call outs etc.  The reasoning behind this is that sometimes you get 2+ people dropping down into a full squad channel during a game and it gets very frustrating to repeatedly ask for comms due to the chatter, on occassion remaining in channel joining their own matches and then confusing the comms with their own in game comms or discussing how great that pie was that aunty Mary made for them when you are trying to get a bead on the footfalls of that cheeki breeki that you hear.....  Having a one man extra limit would not, in my mind, be detrimental to the great 'family' spirit that I have experienced within UWS in my short time here but would greatly offset any frustrations with other players/groups of players that drop into channel.  Keeping comms during game play is not something your born with but learn over time through playing games that require this, reducing channel join size would just alleviate the frustrations experienced by the players ingame that get disrupted, unintentionnally, by the drop in's.  Add an extra bit to the TS channel name like Team 1 count limit or similar ?

3) With reference to 2;  leave a channel or two where mass drop ins can occur and rename them an unlimited or something.

Wall of text over :)

BestBuySecurity   
BestBuySecurity

Just an idea here, if people keep complaining about not having the channel's named for the maps they should be used on they can always edit their name is TS and add in like (FAC) or (SLN) to represent what map they're either playing or looking for. About that three man group channel idea, there is nothing in the rules that says you have to run 5 man groups. All you have to do is be like "Hey man we're just running some trios. Maybe later though if your still on we can all group up?". This is an adult community and sometimes your right anything over 3 gets confusing. 

Don't mean to bash any player idea's just saw that above post and thought I'd share some ideas. My actual idea besides the map name thing is again editing your TS name to add in (LFM) if already in a raid to signal people in LFG to drop down or to shoot over a message. I'm seeing a disconnect sometimes from people in the LFG channel with sometimes 3+ people up there who aren't starting a group of their own because they want to get into a larger group that's in another room. 

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
5 hours ago, Epoxin said:

Would it be possible to have a few 3 man squad channels (alos see 2);

Although in general I like the idea of having 3 or 2 man dedicated Squad channels, this is just something that wouldn't make a ton a sense as a big picture for our =UWS= TS server.  If this community was solely dedicated to only EFT then it would be okay.  We want to avoid creating 15-20 + channels for each game that we support. Our EFT channels already dominate most of our TeamSpeak (TS) [Which is AWESOME].  We have discussed the possibility of adding more channels like this before with our TS Admin and currently we have opted to avoid these channels.  As @BestBuySecurity mentioned, this is a mature community. Being in a Escape Team channel does not mean you are forced or obligated to run in a 5 man squad.  Kindly inform people of your intentions as they come into you channels and if problems arise grab a Captain or myself. Most will understand.  

In regards to limiting player count per channels....at this time we have also opted to avoid this.   

[Also] 

**Please try to avoid sitting in Escape Team Channels by yourself. Especially when the TS is heavily populated.  We created the solo channel for a reason. Also, going AFK in our Escape Team Channels is not appropriate. Please move to members hangout, solo channel, or AFK channel at bottom of TS.  As always, thanks you!!**

Epoxin   
Epoxin

Thanks for taking the time to read it Maverick. I understand, was just an idea I put out there.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

@Epoxin Thank you!

We highly encourage thoughts/ideas being expressed so that we can continue to grow and adapt to our ever changing needs.  

• Like 1

Kedzie   
Kedzie

I believe that my proposal, expanded upon in another forum post, has elements of a compromise that we all seek. There is no need to edit our existing channels by implementing maxclients, if we allow members to create their own temporary channels. This measure, though knee-jerkingly repulsive at first, can be fine-tuned to satisfy both the leadership of UWS and the community members. 

Kedzie   
Kedzie
On 8/20/2017 at 0:08 PM, Maverick V6 said:

If this community was solely dedicated to only EFT then it would be okay.  We want to avoid creating 15-20 + channels for each game that we support. Our EFT channels already dominate most of our TeamSpeak (TS) [Which is AWESOME].  We have discussed the possibility of adding more channels like this before with our TS Admin and currently we have opted to avoid these channels. 

Could you elaborate on this decision? Was the reasoning behind it purely cosmetic or bandwidth related? 

The better we, as members, can understand your goals and intents behind your decisions, the better we can  support them or come up with a suitable solution. 

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
2 hours ago, Kedzie said:

Could you elaborate on this decision? Was the reasoning behind it purely cosmetic or bandwidth related? 

The better we, as members, can understand your goals and intents behind your decisions, the better we can  support them or come up with a suitable solution. 

A Majority of the decision that @MistDreamer and I had was a concern mostly cosmetic related.