Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maverick V6

TeamSpeak Channels for EFT

12 posts in this topic

This last week I have had a variety of suggestions brought to my attention in regards to our EFT TeamSpeak channels.  I wanted to create a forum thread so that any of our members can make suggestions as to what they would like adjusted, add, etc.   All ideas are welcome.  We will discuss this here and we can hopefully fine tune our TS channels.  

Examples:

1) We need more channels

2) Lets add Solo channels

3) A general discussion (EFT) channel.

4) AFK channel

Please think hard and provide feedback.  

More channels and solo channels maybe a discussion / info channel. 

An atm channel would be a negative we have 1 for the clan games should need its own.

I think games like Escape From Tarkov are taking off so much in popularity that more and more people are buying and playing it!

However, I think the system for getting people ready to hop in and play is lacking.

The game is hugely known for being very detailed. but in the TeamSpeak all we have is room 1,2,3,4.

When we get new people come in to play the game "many joining the clan newly" . They should expect the community  to support the game. We have tight groups of four to five in a game and understandably not in a current position to stop and teach and bring in to the fold of the game like they should. thus keeping out gamer retention for that particular game at a low. very low amount of new recruits stay because they join and commit to UWS to play the game but don't get the info they need to get of to a good start in the game they invested quite a bit into.

I have been playing in the TeamSpeak for a while now and can vouch for that and am not bitter id like to get it fixed.

in regards to adding any rooms, id like to see a room in Tarkov named "Escape from Tarkov beginners desk". and within that channel description put in hyper links to very useful info such as all the call out videos such as Mavs very informative factory call out video and other information to give people a starting point to build commonality and skills to quickly catch up to the full groups that are all ready established and are playing full lobbies. all of which can refer to the forums to increase traffic there and add another layer of interaction with the UWS lifestyle and comradery.

its very discouraging as a new player on this game to hop in and play alone.

people gravitate to our TeamSpeak looking for groups of friendly Gamers such as us to hop in and assimilate but i feel we continue to loose retention on those players because the first thing they do is hop into rooms with people in matches already and there is no room for training or even proper information to be traded to help them out when communication and quiet plays such a factor on life and death on a game.

I don't believe in any locked rooms for Escape From Tarcov what so ever!!!

i believe that will limit the community for the game even more!

But i think if new people come into the TeamSpeak to join specifically to join a Tarkov team, we will gain player retention if we add a start point. or "tarkov starters point" with adequate info for them to see or refer to if told to. to gain that retention and increase the numbers of players across the spectrum, that way we add to the player count on different skill levels and add diversity and level out the playing field there a bit more and overall, increase our player count we need so much in this game.

1 person likes this

Thank you for your input @drewson1991. I like the idea of a starting point,  I think the way your suggesting implementing the start point could use tweaking,  but diffo worth discussing further.

Could you break down and clarify what you mean by

6 hours ago, drewson1991 said:

They should expect the community  to support the game. We have tight groups of four to five in a game and understandably not in a current position to stop and teach and bring in to the fold of the game like they should. thus keeping out gamer retention for that particular game at a low. very low amount of new recruits stay because they join and commit to UWS to play the game but don't get the info they need to get of to a good start in the game they invested quite a bit into.

As we do support the game and I am not understanding "They should expect the community  to support the game"

I am not understanding this as there are no set groups and  I, myself consistently point people to the forum resources. I have seen many others do so as well Would you mind explaining this a little more so i get what you mean "We have tight groups of four to five in a game and understandably not in a current position to stop and teach and bring in to the fold of the game like they should."

cheers buddy :)

thanks rusty.

I'm just speaking in regards to getting in the Teamspeak and getting in with a group of people that are already in game. I've heard suggestions from different people throwing around ideas of locked rooms or systems related to earning access so that games that are in play are not interrupted. I think there should be a middle ground because that in my mind would be even more divisive. i understand people come in and have their people they usually play with and its normal for it to stay that way and thats ok.

I would just like to see more people stay around, new players to the game. so that it can balance that out and be more welcoming to those new players when they join up. 

just throwing a few suggestions out there. 

@drewson1991 Thank you for your feedback. 

3 hours ago, drewson1991 said:

I've heard suggestions from different people throwing around ideas of locked rooms or systems related to earning access so that games that are in play are not interrupted. I think there should be a middle ground because that in my mind would be even more divisive.

There will be no such implementation. We do not want to purposely segregate our community/player base.  Of course there were always be members that choose to play with their close friends only and or those that they get along with.  We do not want to lock or limit our player count levels per TS channel.  We will however have at least one 'Members only' channel. Of course we will still want members to interact with 'gamers', new players, etc. within our non-member channels.  If this becomes an issue then we will drop the members only channel. 

15 hours ago, drewson1991 said:

The game is hugely known for being very detailed. but in the TeamSpeak all we have is room 1,2,3,4.

Are you suggesting that we rename our EFT Team channels?  I'm okay with this if we get appropriate suggestions.

When we get new people come in to play the game "many joining the clan newly" . They should expect the community  to support the game. We have tight groups of four to five in a game and understandably not in a current position to stop and teach and bring in to the fold of the game like they should. thus keeping out gamer retention for that particular game at a low. very low amount of new recruits stay because they join and commit to UWS to play the game but don't get the info they need to get of to a good start in the game they invested quite a bit into.

I agree that when newer players are looking to join our TS channels that some veteran members should attempt to spend some time with them in game.   I attempt to interact with our newer guys but we can't force everyone to do the same.   This goes both ways though, new members can't/shouldn't come in and expect others to drop what they are doing to teach them how to play the game or what each and every call out is.   Also, newer members need to test the waters before they get agitated or start swearing when some thing doesn't go their way.  This immediate turns off most veteran members and shows a significant lack of maturity...thus labeling themselves poorly "one to avoid or don't play with".  (Unfortunately some members jump to these conclusions or labeling too quickly)  In general, I think this needs to be improved upon on both sides, but we cant force members to take others under their wings if they are not interested in this.  

-On that note, I am not opposed to creating a label for the EFT channels that would be designated only for veteran/active members of our community that are interested in teaching so that other members may know whom to turn to or not.  We can also consider "teaching events" if enough interest is made.  Ultimately, we are here to play this game casually and competitively as a community.  New players shouldn't expect us to teach them how to play the game, rather they should be interested in finding new friends to play with.  

in regards to adding any rooms, id like to see a room in Tarkov named "Escape from Tarkov beginners desk". and within that channel description put in hyper links to very useful info such as all the call out videos such as Mavs very informative factory call out video and other information to give people a starting point to build commonality and skills to quickly catch up to the full groups that are all ready established and are playing full lobbies. all of which can refer to the forums to increase traffic there and add another layer of interaction with the UWS lifestyle and comradery.

But i think if new people come into the TeamSpeak to join specifically to join a Tarkov team, we will gain player retention if we add a start point. or "tarkov starters point" with adequate info for them to see or refer to if told to. to gain that retention and increase the numbers of players across the spectrum, that way we add to the player count on different skill levels and add diversity and level out the playing field there a bit more and overall, increase our player count we need so much in this game.

We will consider this.  We have plenty of resources collected on our forums in regards to this game, tips/tricks/ guides/ maps etc.   We can work on maybe adding links to certain highly useful information. You can lead a horse to water but can't force it to drink . I also don't want to add too many redundant TS channels as this may confuse newer members as well.  

1 person likes this

i really like the idea about adding a beginner room to the escape from tarkov section with info and such that point to the forums but, I think it should also have names of players who are often on and like to help others learn the game as well. i know i dont come out of game a lot to look at who's in teamspeak, but love to help new members out so, maybe put something there telling them to poke said members who are the ones who wanna teach or help new members with the game. Those people should be veteran members of tarkov though and probably should apply to have their names added to that list.

i do think a lot of guys here are eager to teach new guys how to play. i know I've received a lot of help from guys like @DeathScythe @Maverick V6 and @The Velvet Gentleman with this game who gladly took the time to teach me and help me out and i myself now like to pay it forward and help new guys out with gear, learn the maps and give them tactical advice to help them live longer and make this community a lot stronger when it comes to this game. 

2 people like this

I like the idea of an FNG / Newcomers channel. I love the game, and showing it to new people is one of the best parts. A small guide to etiquette in the channel notes wouldn't be a bad thing either. Things that most of us here take for granted (talking loudly immediately on joining, giving people clear channels when they're in-game, etc.).

I've spoken to Mav briefly on TS about it, but I think the channel names themselves should be changed as well. Right now it appears to be channels for teams that are already formed, whereas anybody that plays regularly knows that this is rarely the case and you can jump in at any time. If I log on and see one channel with five or six players, I can put money down that one of them has been AFK for most of the day, and one is just there to chat and listen so I can easily get into the next raid. That's something that could scare off a new player or keep them playing alone. So my suggestion would be "Lobby One" or "Room One", something to that effect that shows that we're not separating to isolate and favor players, but to have clear voice comms. 

2 people like this

So everyone can follow along I have proposed the following.  I am still awaiting a final yes/no...

Escape From Tarkov

Welcome to Tarkov!!

Escape Team 1

Escape Team 2

Escape Team 3

Escape Team 4

Escape Team 5

Looking to Group (Wait Here)

Newcomers Lobby

Member’s Hideout

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted Channels:  These channels would be restricted from access by both newcomers and =UWS= Members unless they are marked with a ‘PMC or Sherpa’ tag.  More on Tags later. 

Highlighted Channels: This channel would be available to anyone.  By entering this channel you would be greeted again with a ‘Welcome Message”.  Then a Sherpa would label the new member assuming they own EFT with a PMC tag then allowing them to enter any of the green channels.  

Highlighted Channels:  Currently, this channel would remain unchanged.  Any =UWS= member can join it. This channel would be designated for general discussion on EFT or otherwise.  This ultimately shouldn’t be used while playing Tarkov.  At this time, I don’t want any Member Only Escape Team Channels. If needed we can add later.

‘PMC’ Tag:  Any with this tag would be able to freely jump between any of the EFT channels apart from the Member’s Hideout unless of course they have full MEMBERSHIP with =UWS=. 

‘Sherpa’:  This tag would be issued only by our EFT Admin/Captains. This tag would designate a member within the EFT community that is willing go above and beyond with helping to instruct new members on the ins and outs of the game. These members would be designated with a special Icon to let new guys know whom they can turn to for answers about the game and its mechanics.  These tags would be held by our most veteran EFT members.

Other functions of Sherpa’s:

1)       They would grant new members with the ‘PMC’ tag, thus lessoning the need for a myself, Rusty, DeathScythe to be online to give out all the permissions.

2)       Sherpa’s would be able to move Members, Trials, Gamers only in the Escape from Tarkov Channels.

a)       Currently the ability for Members to move other Members/Trials/Gamers etc is disabled and personally I think it should stay that way.

b)       They would report directly to me or Rusty/Deathscythe on any member issues and we will follow our standard =UWS= algorithm for disciplinary action.  

3)       These members would be go to contacts for new members to get acclimated to the EFT franchise. 

Please note that I am not well versed on the specific customization options in TeamSepak.  From what I have expressed to others that know what they are doing with TS they say that this is more than possible.  Again I am a novice with TeamSpeak so if I refer to something incorrectly it is not done so purposefully.   Ultimately I think our restructure is very minimalistic. 

Thanks

-Mav

2 people like this

It appears that we are going to be granted what is mentioned above.  

Please note that as we transition to this new system there may be bugs and some confusion (for those that don't read in forums)

Please feel free to PM me with any issues.  I will also be adding a thoughts and suggestions page to our forums for new ideas.  

Thanks for everyone's input thus far. 

2 people like this

We are Evolving!

Cant wait to see it all come together, i really feel that this is going to help up in the long run not only educating members but then retaining new members to the EFT team.

1 person likes this

Update on recent changes:

We now added a "SCAV" channel group to our TeamSpeak channels.  This is a new Channel group like that of our "PMC" and "Sherpa" groups.  

Now about these tags... 

...These tags are NOT to be considered as a formal ranking system.  A person labeled as a ‘SCAV’ will have the same privileges/permissions as of a 'PMC’.  I am going to do my best to outline what each role means:

Sherpa:  This spot will be reserved for our most Veteran members.  Ultimately their role is to be available to help assist new or unversed members/guests in our Community to become acquainted and more proficient within the EFT universe. Details on this position can be found here!  This role will include the following responsibilities/privileges:

1) Providing appropriate TeamSpeak permissions to members/guests within our EFT Channels

2) Keeping members/guests informed of upcoming events, tips/tricks, and other EFT related details

3) Likely will play a bigger role in the in-game Clan system once that gets implemented. 

4) Help keep the peace within our EFT community

5) Be direct adjuncts to myself, and our other supportive EFT Captains. 

6) They will have permissions to move any member within our EFT channels.

What is a PMC/SCAV and what roles do they play? 

PMC:  This channel group is meant to label anyone that shows proficiencies within EFT and appear to understand our TeamSpeak rules and in game call outs.  

SCAV: This is meant to be the default ‘label’ for any member/guest of our EFT channels. These players tend to be newer to our EFT community and may or may not need additional help/guidance.   Ultimately, we felt that if we were to try and retain more recruits/newer members then we needed a way to differentiate them from our standard member base.  Our Sherpa members will now be able to quickly tell whom these members are and be able to provide them with additional guidance/assistance as appropriate.

Please do not be upset if you are marked as a SCAV vs PMC.  Your privileges are identical. And please try to not nag our Sherpas with reasons why you think you should be labeled differently.  These tags will be adjusted constantly.  Majority of our members are labeled as SCAVs now.  All of this is a work in progress and ultimately designed to help address concerns/suggestions members have brought up regarding our TS channels for the last few weeks.

Apart from the new channel groups, we also added a new welcoming system to people entering our Newcomer channel.  This will provide them with useful information about our rules/expectations and quick access to useful links to our most pertinent EFT tips/tricks/guides.  (We are currently working on finalizing our renditions of the 3 currently available maps and their respective call outs). 

Of note, any member/guest that has not been granted EFT TS privileges will be barred from entering our Escape Team channels.  They will only have access to the Newcomer channel.  When entering, our Sherpas will be notified and they will work on providing talk privileges after a quick introduction.  This is designed to help prevent new guest/members from interrupting potential ongoing raids by jumping between channels looking for talk privileges. 

As mentioned before, these tags will be adjusted as needed or as seen fit.  We will continue to make improvements and subtle changes to this new program.  Again, we are always open to suggestions. 

Best Regards,

-Mav