Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rustyneedle_uk

Medals (star citizen)

7 posts in this topic

Star Citizen Time of service (maybe?) or skill level? 

@Preacher 

Green Horn or noob

593f322f3bbbe_starCitGreennoob.thumb.png.23b3ea67478232b60d9e72a3a636ae8a.png

Bronze

593f322256791_starCitBronze.thumb.png.7faa9e24ab80500256148b9ee02be52e.png

Silver

593f3235b2501_starCitsilver.thumb.png.9bc837af06b8596c5b4b7cb949d3be22.png

Gold

593f3228ae30d_starCitGold.thumb.png.485b2d211a6d55621c8ae4bb5660a440.png

uws cross, ill correct the silver background later its 0233am here so bed time .

lol you can tell my favorite colours :) looking back.

Are the above what your looking for? if not could you give me some direction, feedback ? ideas

@Trunkz Jr @CA8OOSE

@everyone else. you got any ideas on a good design, post up or message me, even give a go at making one its all for fun :) 

BRAVERY.png

SR_logo.png

Not sure what your thoughts are, but one I think the Star Citizen medal could use some flare along the boarder of the emblem. For instance with the above design dotted boarder and stars dispersed around the edges.  Obviously you could omit stars that might look off putting around the 'Star Citizen' letters in your design.  

Maybe give the base medal some texture? 

And I am not sure if we need the 4 variations.  I get what you are trying to do, but I think we should keep things similar to our current award system.  As an example have an award given to those that actively partake with the Star Citizen title and one that that would be handed to those that go way above and beyond in the title, or those that simply dominate. (excellence medal)  

Or you could do a variant of the Squadron 42 logo...

squadron-42-logo.png

Your ribbons are pretty nice actually, tho they would need to fit our 23x30 size (those tiny ones you see under your avatar), the medals even if they used our ribbons would be like this: 

testmedal1.png

I don't think it fits the current style, it would still need some work, example here are 2 I had made for us few years ago: 

ts3silv.png.4bf67308975938ffc5f46df0f79c

dis.png.aa02d5ef4dd1a1a2b2da0b14bec6beff

we do have other awards that are semi out of place (big spender, few others) that will someday need replaced, others are Battlefield Medals with ribbons we made. 

i love them, my issue is my work always looks so clean. how did you get it to look ? texture overlay?

still not inline with your style...

Ill work on it and get back to you with some concepts

5940434f13749_BRAVERY1.thumb.png.446e59255346525c12bb9856d2735744.png

@rustyneedle_uk The other artist seems to be "burning" them noise textures ontop of the other layers and he adds more light infromation, As it stands right now your detail over the cross is lacking because in my eyes you are simply overlaying the noise / detail ontop of the cross, Paint the power of the details with a soft brush so its not so flat and seamless so other areas have been affected more, So streaks of rust or w/e texture you use run abit downwards, The Yellow part inside is good. The rusty part is what troubles me.

Also things to note, Be careful on the light details as they might not work well with light backgrounds such as the yellow. Notice the Top piece on the smaller circle with the yellow cross BG on it.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Arbiter said:

@rustyneedle_uk The other artist seems to be "burning" them noise textures ontop of the other layers and he adds more light infromation, As it stands right now your detail over the cross is lacking because in my eyes you are simply overlaying the noise / detail ontop of the cross, Paint the power of the details with a soft brush so its not so flat and seamless so other areas have been affected more, So streaks of rust or w/e texture you use run abit downwards, The Yellow part inside is good. The rusty part is what troubles me.

Also things to note, Be careful on the light details as they might not work well with light backgrounds such as the yellow. Notice the Top piece on the smaller circle with the yellow cross BG on it.

thank you very much for your input i really appreciate the help. I am open to any and all tips :)

1 person likes this