XpRsSn

Mouse lagging

XpRsSn   
XpRsSn

Alright. I've picked up Siege for a couple of days now playing with you guys and I love it. But the game became unplayable for me as of yesterday or the day before that.

I have insane mouse lagging and I have no clue why.

This is what it looks like mouse movement and all.

I know I have the proper hardware to run this game well. And it does not occur on other games like Rising Storm 2 or any other game. Not even when I use it while surfing. I only experience mouse lag at start up of my PC like the first 5 seconds. But I think that has something to do with my Bios.

I have run an update on Corsair CUE. CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) is a program where I can adjust lighting for my K70 keyboard and my M65 mouse. Both have run great in the past. I can also alter my DPI and button configuration. As before this has always run great in the past and I have no reason to believe this is the problem. Because it's only in R6S. I've seen some fixes like the on in the youtube video but none aided me so far.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Arbiter   
Arbiter

Mouse lag on start up of windows is fine as all programs load at that point.

It could be something you have connected like a Joystick or a Touchpad or something you recently installed even a driver.

Snow   
Snow

Nice video!

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade
20 minutes ago, Snow said:

Nice video!

>.>

• Like 1

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

So siege worked fine at first, but then this issue occurred?

Try deleting the config folder and re-starting the game. If that doesn't work, it would seem to me something on your side changed, not the game. Odd issue that I've not heard before, but if the game worked fine at first and now isn't, it's either some corruption occurring (so rule it out by deleting config, then if that doesn't work, re-verify game) or something you've done/have is causing some sort of input delay. Could be graphical related, vsync causes input lag, or some other device connected like Rin said.

XpRsSn   
XpRsSn

Vid isn't me tho haha

Well I've had a Xbox 360 controller but that isn't plugged in. It's just a kb and mouse. I didn't install drivers before it happend and R6s worked fine before. 

I've tried to verify the game and that didn't work I've reinstalled the game overnight but I still have to test that. 

I've tried new mouse settings a couple of days back. Lowering DPI to 600 instead of the usual 4500 I was using. But I don't think it was that. 

I don't use Vsync because I have a Gsync monitor and a 980ti which supports it. So the frames put out by the gpu are the frames you are gonna see on the screen. And it goes up to 165hz. 

I've googled it and there is fair amount of information to be found on the problem, but that's seems to be during Beta and release. In the other hand there is also a rather new vid that's showing the most recent UI of the game with the problem like I have. Still I need to test if it's gone now I've reinstalled the game. Let me get back to you guys on that. 

EDIT: Alright a complete reinstall didnt do anything. Now i've tried to close down CUE and i seems to stay away. Still I'm going to test further.

Arbiter   
Arbiter

You "had" a  360 controller, Did u use it and  then it started causing that lag input issue? Are you on windows 10 btw?

XpRsSn   
XpRsSn

I still have it. But it's unplugged now. 

And yes I have W10

EDIT: I think i found the problem. There was a graphics driver update open. So i've updated that.  And now it seems to work fine. But what i dont get is that is didnt occur in other games. Just rainbow. After an update of CUE.

• Like 1

Arbiter   
Arbiter
3 hours ago, XpRsSn said:

And yes I have W10

EDIT: I think i found the problem. There was a graphics driver update open. So i've updated that.  And now it seems to work fine. But what i dont get is that is didnt occur in other games. Just rainbow. After an update of CUE.

You just had a brief glimpse into the Game Dev world :D

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker
12 hours ago, XpRsSn said:

And yes I have W10

Problem is UBI :)

XpRsSn   
XpRsSn
7 hours ago, SkullCracker said:

Problem is UBI :)

Nah not really. Arbiter showed me some forums where this problem occurred with other games. It seems that's cue had conflicts with certain other programs after an update. For me it didn't like the older version of Nvidia drivers it seems. Although they are quite recent as I check for updates weekly. 

• Like 1

XpRsSn   
XpRsSn

Alright, The problem still wasn't over. So I found a rather recent youtube video about it and was scrolling through the comments when I found somebody talking about AVAST gaming mode. It seems that AVAST has a mode where it suppresses incoming messages and it doesn't minimize your windows whilst you are gaming. For some reason, it also affects the game for some reason. I got rid of the mode and is seems to work better now. It did in the past so I'm not sure if it will stay this way. I thought I had found the solution before but it turned out I hadn't. I'll keep you all updated.