Sign in to follow this  
PotatoWarriah

Staying alive longer with Logitech

PotatoWarriah   
PotatoWarriah

So, a trick to use your medpacks (I tend to carry AI-2 and maybe some bandages in pockets):

1. map one (or preferably more of them) to quick slots (I use 8, 9. 10):

FBzN7jh.jpg

2. in Logitech Gaming Software create a command to use these 3 slots:

BsYjeu1.png

If you want to use it automatically (while you are in firefight), set Repeat Options to Toggle and some delay (I use 1 second as use time for AI-2 is 5 seconds anyway).

3. Once done - drag this new command to the mouse button or F button on keyboard.

4. profit :)

• Like 1

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

This won't work for you in a patch or two...because there will be animations while using bandages and med packs etc. So you wont be able to gun and bandage yourself at the same time.  Enjoy this while it lasts. 

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk
Posted (edited)

kinda feels...dishonest. I love the thought of it but I think this would constitute as cheating in my eyes. Each to there own I guess. I map med kits but i got to press them not have it auto heal. 

Edited by rustyneedle_uk

PotatoWarriah   
PotatoWarriah

@Maverick V6 & @rustyneedle_uk

I agree this is "cheating" over what the game was "intended" to be, As it is reducing the distance of details and shadows - I kept it at max and then a buddy I played with tells me - everyone have it at min and they can see you in grass, but you cannot see them, because that reduction reduces grass render distance but not player render distance. Why would you put yourself to disadvantage? 

It is same with this, I encountered more than once players who ate enormous amount of bullets while shooting, so until game fixes it and prevents you from shooting while applying bandages - you are at disadvantage if you don't use it.

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk
1 hour ago, PotatoWarriah said:

@Maverick V6 & @rustyneedle_uk

I agree this is "cheating" over what the game was "intended" to be, As it is reducing the distance of details and shadows - I kept it at max and then a buddy I played with tells me - everyone have it at min and they can see you in grass, but you cannot see them, because that reduction reduces grass render distance but not player render distance. Why would you put yourself to disadvantage? 

It is same with this, I encountered more than once players who ate enormous amount of bullets while shooting, so until game fixes it and prevents you from shooting while applying bandages - you are at disadvantage if you don't use it.

Yea, i totally get that but when i win, I Know its because It was my skills and knowledge rather than getting a small advantage from sneaky tips and tricks. I play escape from tarkov to be as close to real as i can get. By all means you can play the game the way you want and your welcome to play with me. It just doesn't fit my play style, but thank you for sharing and please let me know future tips as i am sure you'll have some ill use :)

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk
Posted (edited)

Guys just a heads up using macros is cheating and you can be Banned for it see below

kill.png.2a933a30e90391ea0990bb1ab4775ac1.png

Edited by rustyneedle_uk

PotatoWarriah   
PotatoWarriah

Yeah, well, it makes sense because it is "cheating". However, this is a game mechanic that is broken right now, you will not be able to heal yourself and shoot at same time (you will need friends to cover you, and using macros will be pointless). They probably refer to macros that do recoil compensation (pulling mouse down while clicking or holding left click) - or things that will be possible to use in released game. As soon as they make it impossible to use 2 medkits at same time no one will use this mapping to press 3 keys simultaneously (and no one will even have 3 AI-2 or Salewas because it will not make any sense)

At this moment they are not issuing bans yet:
http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/23678-hideout-feature-questions-and-developer-answers/

Q: Does any use of macros get a player banned?

A: At this time, no. We do reserve the right to change this decision at any time. However, use of macros may/can cause unforeseen issues within the game, and it is not recommended to use them. 

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk

Think they need to all be on the same page when giving answers.  As bans are permanent without a chance to  explain or defend yourself.  It worries me to think we could end up on the wrong side of there anti cheat software,.

@PotatoWarriah hope to see you on soon

Again see here.

Dear friends, this weekend we had a stream with the head of the Battlestate Games studio Nikita Buyanov. There were a lot of questions and answers, and for those who have missed the event, we have prepared text notes, carefully collected by Emissary Jan Kakovkin aka @Sova13. Enjoy! There will be more streams like this in the future.

Friends, I must point out that this is not a literal "synopsis", but rather my retelling of the Nikita Buyanov replies from the stream. You can watch the record here.

Initially, I’ve planned to just list the answers in the order of appearance on stream, however, over the course of editing, we decided to make everything more readable and easier to follow.

Anti-cheat

• Anti-cheat operates on the client level, you can even add Skype, and in addition to everything else it will track macros as well.
  • There will be no spectators or patrols, possibility of spectators tipping off their comrades contradicts the concept of the game and, most importantly, there is no need in that, because the system tracks 100% of cheaters and works with zero level of mistakes. Only at the system deployment we have encountered several errors, consecutively refining it to become completely trouble-free.
  • It is possible that we will add ability to report cheaters.
  • For each violation there is evidence, and if someone decides to sue us, this evidence will be presented to the Court, after which the plaintiff will be held liable to pay the legal expenses.
  • At the moment, the anti-cheat collects information, which is reviewed before setting bans; later, after testing and tuning the system, bans will become automatic.
  • Like 1