Snow

A better Siege?

l-RUSE-|   
l-RUSE-|

Remember how siege was a "counterstrike killer" and was marketed to be so much better

5c1758c577.jpg

8b83f5de6f.jpg

Maybe if the game play is at least 20% of what you see in the trailer there will be competition with siege, but this looks more like a modern swat 4 and thats what I believe its market will come from. This looks slow, R6 is fast. Who knows just an opinion .

Arbiter   
Arbiter

When i got into R6S slow gameplay was what i expected, I think people want a SWAT like game.

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade
11 hours ago, l-RUSE-| said:

Remember how siege was a "counterstrike killer" and was marketed to be so much better

5c1758c577.jpg

8b83f5de6f.jpg

Maybe if the game play is at least 20% of what you see in the trailer there will be competition with siege, but this looks more like a modern swat 4 and thats what I believe its market will come from. This looks slow, R6 is fast. Who knows just an opinion .

Those numbers are inaccurate fyi. Many play via uplay, as we got the game from uplay not Steam. Nevertheless, it definitely failed if it was trying to be a counter strike killer. The two games are nothing alike even remotely. 

Arbiter   
Arbiter
3 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

Those numbers are inaccurate fyi. Many play via uplay, as we got the game from uplay not Steam. Nevertheless, it definitely failed if it was trying to be a counter strike killer. The two games are nothing alike even remotely. 

Double that number for uplay you should be in range. Unfortunately steam charts are the only ones we got... Every company nowadays wants to make their own "steam killer" platform where you can't even add your friends since invites don't always make it through :P COUGH UPLAY COUGH!

• Like 1

Colt51   
Colt51

Stanley Kubrick's Siege?

l-RUSE-|   
l-RUSE-|
19 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

ya but still, even if you quadruple that to 80k, still a drop in an ocean, that is what im trying to get at :)

VertigoElation   
VertigoElation

R6 is not a CS killer anymore than Starcraft or Skyrim would be.  While they are both FPS they are on opposite sides of the same spectrum.  COD would be a much closer comparison to CS.  For the most part, Tom Clancy games are in a league of their own when it comes to FPS games.  Operation Flashpoint is closer, but unfortunately the company went under.  The Sniper Elite series is also a close comparison.

In regards to this game...  Its too early for me to tell.  The fact that the trailer is slow paced is a good sign.  It makes it seem like it will be a tactical game instead of a shootem up type game.

• Like 1

WaggishCrowd80   
WaggishCrowd80

what game are you guys talkin about

Arbiter   
Arbiter
29 minutes ago, WaggishCrowd80 said:

what game are you guys talkin about

CSGO and Rainbow.

Snow   
Snow

We are talking about a new game coming out called ready or not

Colt51   
Colt51
1 hour ago, Snow said:

We are talking about a new game coming out called ready or not

@Waggish:  It's apparently Siege as directed by Stanley Kubrick if the teaser in the OP is any indication.

Snow   
Snow

Well they released a new video, shows pretty much nothing but here it is none the less

Minos   
Minos
12 hours ago, Snow said:

Well they released a new video, shows pretty much nothing but here it is none the less

Looks like it needs a lot of work and won't be out any time soon.  Will have to keep an eye on it for sure though

VertigoElation   
VertigoElation

That has to be one of the worst videos I've ever watched for a game.  Although, it does show some promising work.  Its definitely pre-Alpha.

Snow   
Snow
34 minutes ago, VertigoElation said:

That has to be one of the worst videos I've ever watched for a game.  Although, it does show some promising work.  Its definitely pre-Alpha.

Yea, the fact that it pretty much showed nothing at all didn't help.