Followers 0
Maverick V6

Factory Map Comprehensive Guide!!

11 posts in this topic

Factory.thumb.png.9877e9cc55b843d5893e8048f352c201.png

4 people like this

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is a guide to help you determine what to call out to your buddies, and how to survive the first few seconds of a factory match. I hope it helps some of the newer players and those that still aren't familiar with the map.

If my screenshot does not look exactly like what you have on your screen when you spawn then look around quickly for visual keys. There are six player spawn points. 

1.  PVE Spawn / Offline

What to look for: You will spawn facing a door with a light above you, a ramp directly behind you, and an open exit behind to the right. 

How to survive: Immediately drop down the ramp and peek towards redlight spawn. Kill him or move up and take the first right towards silos. 

pve_spawn.thumb.jpg.83315d0f0dd4395345e0976302925fe0.jpgpve_peek.thumb.jpg.e6be7fb98e8fcdc5f9729e97b0fa1edf.jpg

2.  Barrels Spawn

What to look for: You will spawn facing a blank wall. Look right and you see the barrels and an exit. Behind you is a hallway that leads to PVE extraction.

How to survive: You are fairly safe here. Just move slowly in any way you wish.

barrel_spawn.thumb.jpg.8a9e85edc7abd7cefacf2873630ce2e4.jpg

3.  Redlight Spawn

What to look for: You will spawn facing a jerrycan and chemlight with a red blinking light to your left. You are in the middle of a hallway. 

How to survive: You are vulnerable to grenades. Your first threat is the player at PVE spawn. Peek him and kill him or run in the opposite direction to the end of the hall where stairs will take you to pit under platform.

redlight_spawn.thumb.jpg.e7010f5021002e9e4ae4fd571c23dfe9.jpg

redlight_peek.thumb.jpg.4868179a44e710edf5e3dd5d4500591d.jpg

4.  Silo Spawn

What to look for: You will spawn facing some pipes with a chemlight and exit leading to your left. You will also spawn crouched for some reason.

How to survive: You are fairly safe but move too slowly and players will come for you. Take the lefthand exit and go through silos and up the stairs to offices.

silo_spawn.thumb.jpg.7d86aa225bb0ff94159f2874432f7135.jpg

5. Forklift / Machinery Spawn

What to look for: You will spawn facing a forklift inside a large area full of forklifts.

How to survive: Your only immediate threat is a player running at you from shitbox. Turn right and make your way down glass hall while keeping your eye on the stairs. 

forklift_spawn.thumb.jpg.769f75ade061701acc23c29a4f255a87.jpg

forklift_exit.thumb.jpg.93b31437f8462bcb3fbd5c5335df1450.jpg

6.  Killbox / Shitbox / Breach Spawn

What to look for: You will spawn facing some crates with a chemlight on them. There are stairs to your left. You in the middle of a hallway.

How to survive: You are very vulnerable to grenades. Players can come from any direction except up. Climb the stairs, breach the red door and run, or stay upstairs and peek down until you think the coast is clear. 

shitbox_spawn.thumb.jpg.c42024efb5fe45367952db8483ba6e2a.jpg

shitbox_peek.thumb.jpg.146dcb232e1934b6c84de5b11479f3cb.jpg

Edited by The Velvet Gentleman
Pretty Colors
2 people like this

Ok gonna have to break down and buy this to try it out...it just looks too good to pass up

13 minutes ago, CA8OOSE said:

Ok gonna have to break down and buy this to try it out...it just looks too good to pass up

Worth every penny in my humble opinion.  So much to look forward to as we move closer to Beta and full release.

Callouts have been an issue so i have put on paper what i think things are called I can correct them if needed just let me know.

factory callout fini upload.png

factory callout under ground fade upload.png

factory callout under ground upload.png

1 person likes this

upper level rafters

factory callout upper upload.png

1 person likes this

Nice work Rusty!

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Maverick V6 said:

Nice work Rusty!

thank you :)

Any changes Guys?

so far:

barrel corridor spawn = Barrel spawn

pill box = Closed bunker

The loot box near exit on 2nd floor. =suicide box? (needs confirmation please)

Not labeled bunker 1986 area ground floor = 86 bunker  (needs confirmation please)

Junction in tunnels = T junction (frank pointed it out?)

Is there a way of putting in a layered format that universally computers can use with needing photoshop or something like that?

ie:

3rd floor shows rafters map ect

2nd would show lockers and a few silo tops and closed bunker roof ect

1st floor ect

Any good coders that can pop a quick app or something similar together. I can provide the graphics ect.

Why do we do 3rd floor offices as 3rd floor isn't it 2nd?

ie:

2nd floor =rafter and safe room ect

1st floor = locker room ect

ground  floor is PVE area and rail road ect

basement = tunnels ect

If i am going too in depth please just say :)

edit

new images, dumbed them down from a gig each to 21.4mb

Factory_map_tunnel.png

Factory_map_upper_labeled.png

Factory_map_upper.png

Edited by rustyneedle_uk
updated imag

new images updated

Factory map ground.png

Factory_map_tunnel_fade.png

Factory_map_upper_labeled_fade.png

1 person likes this

Any changes Guys?

barrel corridor spawn = Barrel spawn (I agree with this)

pill box = Closed bunker (I agree with this)

The loot box near exit on 2nd floor. =suicide box? (Confirmed! I agree with this)

Not labeled bunker 1986 area ground floor = 86 bunker  Are you referring her to the room that sits just off of the 1986 ramp?  (I'm not sure if this area needs to be labeled)

Junction in tunnels = T junction (frank pointed it out?) I do not think this area needs to be labeled either, too close to Silo Spawn...easier to just say I'm just outside silo spawn heading towards machine ramp...

Is there a way of putting in a layered format that universally computers can use with needing photoshop or something like that?  

ie:

3rd floor shows rafters map ect

2nd would show lockers and a few silo tops and closed bunker roof ect

1st floor ect

Any good coders that can pop a quick app or something similar together. I can provide the graphics ect.

I like this idea, would be cool to have a 3d Model; yet not sure how to generate this. This is too advanced for me.

Why do we do 3rd floor offices as 3rd floor isn't it 2nd?

ie:

2nd floor =rafter and safe room ect

1st floor = locker room ect

ground  floor is PVE area and rail road ect

basement = tunnels ect

If i am going too in depth please just say :)

This is like arguing the difference between the terms trunk and boot for a car, ultimately they mean the same thing:  "Scav just entered first floor exit stairwell vs Scav just entered ground floor exit stairwell"

To me they mean the same thing. 

Map levels roughly are:

1) Basement/underground

2) Ground floor (i.e. first floor)

3) 2nd floor: lockers, bathrooms

4) 3rd: Offices, breach room, locked room

5) Rafters