Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CA8OOSE

Project: Unknown

9 posts in this topic

IMG_20170429_172046.jpgSo ladies and gents with Project: Black Betty nixed now I have to introduce Project: Unknown.

The name for the was chosen because honestly it was unknown what was actually with the system. So anyways I've completely torn down the PC, super cleaned it and now just waiting on a few replacement parts. The entire rebuilding of this PC will be streamed live on twitch.

Until then here are the specs that I got the PC with.

CPU: i7 5820k 3.3ghz 6core/12 thread ( Current overclock to 4.5ghz)

MB: Gigabyte X99 GA-Gaming 5

RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) ADATA XPG 2800mhz DDR4

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 4GB

PSU: EVGA 1300w SuperNOVA G2

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 900D 

CPU Cooler: XSPC Raystorm

GPU Cooler: EKWB ( I forget which one)

XSPC Photon 270 Resevior with D5 pump

Primochill Ultra Clear Soft Tubing

XSPC Compression Fittings

Koolage 480mm Radiator

XSPC 360mm Radiator

12 Corsair SP120 Fans

1 Corsair AF140

2 Bitfenix fans

NZXT Fan Controller

ASUS DVD RW Drive

0 hard drives...none whatsoever

All this was filthy and I have taken it apart to clean it. I should have taken pictures of the before and after. But so far now the only thing I have upgraded is the ram and using my Samsung 840 Evo. The ram is Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x4GB 3000Mhz) Quad Channel. I will post pictures and such as I take them and I will live stream the build. 

Here is the first picture though 

Ladies and Gents,

I have all the fans now cleaned, just waiting on my coolant mix and my cpu block mount to come in.

Here is the deal that will happen with this now lol.

On tuesday evening I will be live streaming to Twitch my entire rebuild should be a fun time, watch as I go through the hassle of rebuilding the Unknown. So since the main colors of this PC are black/grey, red and white I went with some deep red coolant and it should yield some spectacular results. I hope you all enjoy the show.

www.twitch.tv/ca8oose

This will be my reboot into streaming and everything so should be a fun ass time.

CPU mount comes in today,

I really want to stream the build but I also want to get it together as fast as possible. Trying to figure that one out. 

I do have an update though;

I purchased some Primochill LTR Ultra Clear Tubing so I will have fresh cooling.

I was going to go with a Green Opaque liquid for the coolant but my wife talked me into a transparent red coloring which will look good with all the other colors in the mix. 

I was going to Sysprep my loop but after reading I hear that Sysprep actually stiffens the tubes, and I do not want to deal with that.

I will probably live stream the build tonight but the coolant won't go in until tomorrow night which is fine, will give me time to get the papertowels down every where i need them for the leak test. 

so check it out live tonight about 5PM EST for the build of Project: Unknown at www.twitch.tv/ca8oose

Alright coolant still comes tomorrow but the system is built!!! Sorry that I could not live stream. Internet took a shit tonight. Anyways here are some pictures to show off lol.

CPU BLOCK AND TOP RAD INSTALLED. ITS A XSPC RAYMAN V3. RAD IS A 3 X 120MM FROM XSPC CONFIGURED IN PUSH/PULL

IMG_20170501_191354.jpg

GPU AND RESERVOIR INSTALLED. GPU IS A GTX 970 WITH EK WATERBLOCK 

IMG_20170501_193054.jpg

LOWER 4 X 120MM RAD AND FANS INSTALLED.

IMG_20170501_193101.jpg

SYSTEM PLUMBED WITH PRIMOCHILL ULTRA CLEAR,

IMG_20170501_213539.jpg

LONG LINE FROM THE CPU TO THE LOWER RAD HIDDEN WITH THE WIRE MESS THAT I GOTTA CLEAN UP. GOT THE IDEA FROM LINUSTECHTIPS IN HIS ULTIMATE OVERKILL WATER COOLING GUIDE.

IMG_20170501_214439.jpg

SIDE PANEL ON WITHOUT THAT STUPID ROGUE LOGO AND GEARS LOGO.

IMG_20170501_214552.jpg

BACK SIDE PANEL FITS PERFECTLY NOT PINCHING ANYTHING...SO MUCH SPACE BEHIND THE MOTHERBOARD.

IMG_20170501_214704.jpg

FRONT OF THE CASE. NO MORE DIVISION LOGO THERE. NZXT SENTRY 3 FAN CONTROLLER AND BASIC DVDRW DRIVE. GOTTA REMOVE ALL THE STUPID LOGOS FROM HERE SINCE I FORGOT.

IMG_20170501_214732.jpg

WELL WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK!!!!

Nice job but you can tell he used regular water in that set up. Damn res has hard water stains. I'd put some white vinegar and distilled water through it. I know you won't see it when ya put the coolant in but I'm very anal when it comes to shit like that.

I have a bottle of sysprep from primochill, that would do the same trick, I didn't use it because some people say it ends up stiffing the tubes so ill figure something I need to leak test it anyways...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just noticed you have the EVGA 1300 G2. Make sure you go into the bios and check VCC 3.3V. There were issues with the that PS as I just found out. Both of mine are bad and now must do a RMA. VCC 3.3v deals with memory and a few other things. Keep in mind I've burned through memory over the years and nver knew why. I even tested my PS's and nothing ever gave me a sign that they were bad. Looked in the bios and was like WTF. Called EVGA and they were like yep RMA. The VCC 3.3v on the PS's were 2.888 and 2.890, not good.

Edited by SkullCracker

ill have to check that out...system is going through a leak test right now...i gotta buy some Mayhems Blood Red Dye my loop that was supposed to be red is more of a pink color...ive been leak testing since about 11am so about 6 more hours to go lol

IMG_20170502_200650.jpg