Sign in to follow this  
Sulltorcha

Soo this almost has me ready to throw BF out the window and never touch another dice game.

Sulltorcha   
Sulltorcha

Envy linked me this in origin chat earlier in response to the issue some people were having playing on the NA servers. https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/67x3rj/the_latency_restriction_is_game_breaking/dguggix/

I read the devs reply and i just went WTF?! The tone of that guy just fucking infuriates me... that is not how you respond to someone who spent their money on your game and a service that you  made unusable  this patch...

I'm sorry but unless i'm extremely bored you won't be seeing me on BF1 again... maybe if they raise the limit to 200 ping but right now i'm not touching that stuff even with a long stick. I suppose i'll stick to my MMOrpgs and titanfall 2... atleast it ain't dice.. i just lost all the respect i had left for them. 

By all means i can play that game with only 20 ping on any oceanic server... But the fact that they are now preventing me from playing with clanmates and friends elsewhere in the world is completely ridiculous. What is an online game if you can't play with people not living in your city... It's nothing... nothing at all. congrats to dice tho... they are now gonna shrink their playerbase even more. And if this is how they are planning on handling SWBF 2 then glhf you just played yourself.

woops i might have just pressed uninstall on BF1 silly me XD

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr
2 hours ago, one4u2nb said:

It's so frustrating, this part of the update needs to be fixed ASAP. the game is unplayable for SEA players who plays on NA servers.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/682mfq/update_on_all_the_recent_netcoderelated_issues/

upcoming "fix" 

Okay good so there's still a chance to play again :soldier:

Sulltorcha   
Sulltorcha
4 hours ago, one4u2nb said:

It's so frustrating, this part of the update needs to be fixed ASAP. the game is unplayable for SEA players who plays on NA servers.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/682mfq/update_on_all_the_recent_netcoderelated_issues/

upcoming "fix" 

I'm still triggered as hell...

• Like 1

Tashpeters   
Tashpeters

I'm sorry for your troubles, Sully!! :(

CA8OOSE   
CA8OOSE

I hope it gets fixed for you guys. :)

FluxChiller   
FluxChiller

Ill talk to dice and get it fixed.. np.

• Like 1

Larold   
Larold

They are bumping the ping threshold to 150 so hopefully that's high enough for you and envy to play east US 

Goose   
Goose

150 still  isnt high enough it should be at least 200 maybe 250.

Sulltorcha   
Sulltorcha
3 hours ago, Larold said:

They are bumping the ping threshold to 150 so hopefully that's high enough for you and envy to play east US 

i get 170ish to west coast and over 200 to east coast. so east coast is out of the question for me anyways.

Sulltorcha   
Sulltorcha
52 minutes ago, Goose said:

150 still  isnt high enough it should be at least 200 maybe 250.

200 seems like the reasonable limit to me.. Over 200 is when i usually start experiencing the weird shit they used to argue for this change.

EL_Americana   
EL_Americana

...kinda reminds me of my days in South Africa.

EA would not install servers in the country for many of my games - my only choices were European servers (and constantly getting kicked for high ping), or being limited to single-player games and LANS.

Whatever makes them happy.