The Velvet Gentleman

Map Keys and You!

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk
4 hours ago, Iteration said:

Found a new key, 303 for three story Dorms on Customs.

Inside there is a green crate, and a chance for an AKS (weapon spawn) to spawn atop the table near the window. Only been there once but it's the first mention I've seen of this key number, so I think it was implemented along with the new patch. The game is too laggy atm so I cannot test the room's loot further.

There's blood all around the floor near the entrance, so murder room?

Found the key on a dead Scav but I expect you to be able to find it in file cabinets like most other Dorm keys.

dead on confirmed :)

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
On 9/19/2017 at 11:43 AM, Iteration said:

Found a new key, 303 for three story Dorms on Customs.

Inside there is a green crate, and a chance for an AKS (weapon spawn) to spawn atop the table near the window. Only been there once but it's the first mention I've seen of this key number, so I think it was implemented along with the new patch. The game is too laggy atm so I cannot test the room's loot further.

There's blood all around the floor near the entrance, so murder room?

Found the key on a dead Scav but I expect you to be able to find it in file cabinets like most other Dorm keys.

Nicely done. Thank you muchly, good sir. I asked if you still had it for a screenshot but then I found it myself. NEW KEY

Edited by The Velvet Gentleman

SovietNeko   
SovietNeko

Please update following:

• Key (black handle) - This is identical to the gas station key but opens the office trailer in construction. Contains a weapons crate. (Needs verification)
  • Room 110 (114) - This key is identical to Room 110 in appearance and name (probably a typo) but opens room 114 in the two-story building. There is a safe, a PC that you can loot, and a medical crate on the bed.  
  • Room 303 The Murder Room: There is a green crate, and a possible weapon spawn near the window. 

*Key, confirmed, there's a weapons crate that's only half the size of a normal weapons crate, is more like a rifle box than anything in size

*Room 14, The key is fixed in this recent patch, it actually says 114 now

*Room 303, the weapon spawn is actually on the desk not by the window, unless it actually spawns by the window but I never ran into one, it spawns for me on the desk

*add unkown key to misc on Customs, is for Mission 2 for skier, the Intel item spawns there, as soon as you go in the door the jacket at the back right corner, is BEHIND AND UNDER it.

• Like 1

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
22 minutes ago, SovietNeko said:

Please update following:

• Key (black handle) - This is identical to the gas station key but opens the office trailer in construction. Contains a weapons crate. (Needs verification)
  • Room 110 (114) - This key is identical to Room 110 in appearance and name (probably a typo) but opens room 114 in the two-story building. There is a safe, a PC that you can loot, and a medical crate on the bed.  
  • Room 303 The Murder Room: There is a green crate, and a possible weapon spawn near the window. 

*Key, confirmed, there's a weapons crate that's only half the size of a normal weapons crate, is more like a rifle box than anything in size

*Room 14, The key is fixed in this recent patch, it actually says 114 now

*Room 303, the weapon spawn is actually on the desk not by the window, unless it actually spawns by the window but I never ran into one, it spawns for me on the desk

*add unkown key to misc on Customs, is for Mission 2 for skier, the Intel item spawns there, as soon as you go in the door the jacket at the back right corner, is BEHIND AND UNDER it.

Thanks for the info. I've been waiting to see if they finally fixed those annoying typos. If you have a picture of the unknown key, please post it. I'm not at that point with Skier and it will take me some time with my current schedule. 

SovietNeko   
SovietNeko
8 minutes ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

Thanks for the info. I've been waiting to see if they finally fixed those annoying typos. If you have a picture of the unknown key, please post it. I'm not at that point with Skier and it will take me some time with my current schedule. 

Will do, will screen shot it tonight

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
Just now, SovietNeko said:

Will do, will screen shot it tonight

Thanks man, and if you could give me a rough location of where you need to go, I'll add a new section for "quest keys". 

SovietNeko   
SovietNeko
9 minutes ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

Thanks man, and if you could give me a rough location of where you need to go, I'll add a new section for "quest keys". 

Watch this video, he shows you where the messenger's body is

Is behind "Welcome to Tarkov" train cart, pass the tank behind a garage.

There's a very big bush there, he's in the middle of it, it is really hard to see, I'm surprised someone actually find the body in the first place.

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
1 hour ago, SovietNeko said:

Watch this video, he shows you where the messenger's body is

Is behind "Welcome to Tarkov" train cart, pass the tank behind a garage.

There's a very big bush there, he's in the middle of it, it is really hard to see, I'm surprised someone actually find the body in the first place.

Thanks for the link. I was able to find a key screenshot on the official forums. The quest key section is growing. 

SovietNeko   
SovietNeko

Are you doing a list of as HOW and WHERE to find all the keys?  I can help you with that.  

I have 12 factory keys now just bragging ;)  also figured out where the guard room key spawns

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
13 minutes ago, SovietNeko said:

Are you doing a list of as HOW and WHERE to find all the keys?  I can help you with that.  

I have 12 factory keys now just bragging ;)  also figured out where the guard room key spawns

I suppose I could add that info in for the predictable keys. The guard room used to spawn on the dead scav in the bathroom of second storey. Has it changed? I still need a picture of that one. 

SovietNeko   
SovietNeko
31 minutes ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

I suppose I could add that info in for the predictable keys. The guard room used to spawn on the dead scav in the bathroom of second storey. Has it changed? I still need a picture of that one. 

yeah it still spawns there, that's how I got mine 3 days ago.

ever since they took the jump run glitch away I haven't been checking that area, but I will start checking it next week (busy this weekend) on raids.

I'm raiding SCAV for body armor now XD since they are much easier to find I won't be doing hatchet run anymore so I will check for you.

ES.Reaper   
ES.Reaper

Not sure if I'm being dumb or not but I'm relatively new to using and finding keys in this game however I got this a while back and have never found what it goes to.  I haven't found the key in the OP's list anywhere... maybe I'm blind

It's labeled "Key" in the stash but under examine it's labled "Door Key".  It's one of the Guardian keys but the description mentions a pumping station.

QwM9GVW.png

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
3 hours ago, ES.Reaper said:

Not sure if I'm being dumb or not but I'm relatively new to using and finding keys in this game however I got this a while back and have never found what it goes to.  I haven't found the key in the OP's list anywhere... maybe I'm blind

It's labeled "Key" in the stash but under examine it's labled "Door Key".  It's one of the Guardian keys but the description mentions a pumping station.

QwM9GVW.png

If I'm not mistaken that is the key to the closed bunker area in factory. The devs seem to be trying to change the descriptions to make them more clear. 

Edit - Confirmed. I will update the list. Thanks for spotting the change and providing a screenshot.

Doc   
Doc
Posted (edited)

Didn't see this in the original post, but I was doing Prapors 5th quest and read elsewhere this little snippet which saved me hours of key farming:

Key (black handle: portable cabin key) - Prapor's fifth quest.

If you have a Factory key (you really should get it if not), you can get this key from the following. Go into the Factory map (weapons are optional, but you'll need some luck to get there in one piece if you're not a little geared up), go to the 3rd level corridor, there is a reinforced door. Open this with the Factory key (and close it behind you, if you don't want to get shot). There is a jacket hanging on the wall to your right, the key is spawned on the floor underneath the jacket. Pick it up and put it in your secure container. Go escape/die,

EDIT: Forgot to say, thank you for this guide, As a Tarkov beta newbie, it saved me hours of unproductive searching (and dying).

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
3 hours ago, Doc said:

Didn't see this in the original post, but I was doing Prapors 5th quest and read elsewhere this little snippet which saved me hours of key farming:

Key (black handle: portable cabin key) - Prapor's fifth quest.

If you have a Factory key (you really should get it if not), you can get this key from the following. Go into the Factory map (weapons are optional, but you'll need some luck to get there in one piece if you're not a little geared up), go to the 3rd level corridor, there is a reinforced door. Open this with the Factory key (and close it behind you, if you don't want to get shot). There is a jacket hanging on the wall to your right, the key is spawned on the floor underneath the jacket. Pick it up and put it in your secure container. Go escape/die,

EDIT: Forgot to say, thank you for this guide, As a Tarkov beta newbie, it saved me hours of unproductive searching (and dying).

Thanks for the info! I'll add the spawn location to the list. 

Iteration   
Iteration
On 26/4/2017 at 10:34 PM, The Velvet Gentleman said:
  • Key (black handle) - This opens the gas station office door. There is a safe,  very rarely a pistol under the desk, rubles on the ground, and loose loot on the shelves in the back. 
  • Cabinet Key - This opens the gas station office door. There is a safe,  very rarely a pistol under the desk, rubles on the ground, and loose loot on the shelves in the back.

Ain't these two the same key? I haven't seen the "Key (black handle)" in the new patch, only the Cabinet Key, which is worth some 8-9k roubles. I was stunned to find out that Marked Key sells for 20k roubles at Prapor.

Anyway I found the Guard Desk Room Key for the 2 story dorm and been there approx 20 times... and I'm not really impressed considering how rare the key spawn seems to be. I've found 2 of the keys and people rarely go look for it.

So far I've found:

2x AKS (Rack)

1x M4 (Weapon's Crate)

Different Ammo (Ammo and Weapon's Crate)

3x random attachments (on the desk)

No keys

That's pretty low. Marked Key spawns have been improved so drastically but a room that is designated as a guard room has worse loot than Marked Room.

On 22/9/2017 at 4:50 PM, The Velvet Gentleman said:

The guard room used to spawn on the dead scav in the bathroom of second storey. Has it changed? I still need a picture of that one. 

No it still does. I've found 2 keys since the wipe. But as above mentions, I can hardly recommend you take the key into raids unless you have a Doc Case or a Gamma, as the loot is pretty poor.

tzjkRMy.png

Btw the 114 key to 2 story Dorms seems to be the only key inside the trunk of the car at UN Checkpoint, never seen the 110 key there since the wipe. The 110 key you can find as a spawn inside the warehouse just beyond the hole in the wall near the UN Checkpoint. Follow the wall behind the three forklifts and go to the open locker, the key is in the blue pocket. However the spawn in 110 is poor so hardly worth the trouble. 114 is good for the Medical Crate and PC.

• Like 1

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

@Iteration Thanks for your input!

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
7 hours ago, Iteration said:

Ain't these two the same key? I haven't seen the "Key (black handle)" in the new patch, only the Cabinet Key, which is worth some 8-9k roubles. I was stunned to find out that Marked Key sells for 20k roubles at Prapor.

I have both keys in my inventory now. So they is indeed the same key, just duped. Kind of like the Soviet and Pumping Station key. I'm guessing they forgot they already had those keys in the loot table, or added the new ones with better descriptions and forgot to take the old ones out. Neither would surprise me. 

Thanks for the screenshot. I actually found my Checkpoint key last night but forgot I needed to add it. 

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

Has anybody had luck finding anything for the M4 room or has it been sealed off for good? 

Mozzy4Ever   
Mozzy4Ever

Should specifically note that the GDesk key spawns in his hand, not on his person (using "Search") Didn't know this for the longest time and feel like I probably missed the key a couple times until today.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:31 AM, The Velvet Gentleman said:

Has anybody had luck finding anything for the M4 room or has it been sealed off for good? 

It's been sealed off for now

Edited by Mozzy4Ever
  • Like 1

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
23 minutes ago, Mozzy4Ever said:

Should specifically note that the GDesk key spawns in his hand, not on his person (using "Search") Didn't know this for the longest time and feel like I probably missed the key a couple times until today.

It's been sealed off for now

I've heard conflicting rumors on the last point and I'm still holding out hope. I'll update the GDesk description. Thanks!

chasEE   
chasEE

For the GDesk spawn, I have personally only found it in the scav's hand... once... in all my raids... That key is so rare!

UrGonnaDie   
UrGonnaDie

So your saying im lucky to have found it on fence?

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
7 hours ago, chasEE said:

For the GDesk spawn, I have personally only found it in the scav's hand... once... in all my raids... That key is so rare!

That's the only place I've found it as well.

2 hours ago, UrGonnaDie said:

So your saying im lucky to have found it on fence?

Aye, you are.