The Velvet Gentleman

Map Keys and You!

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
WARNING: This information is subject to the whims of the developers and could change at any moment. Please share anecdotes as to what needs to be changed or added.

Herein find the combined knowledge of UWS about keys in the game. Gamma space is precious after all, so I hope this helps with the confusion as to which keys to bring to which maps. If you came here from a different site, feel free to check out the rest of what UWS has to offer; we're a friendly bunch. I'm using the term "loose loot" to designate random items (mags, food, first aid, low grade ammo, etc). Bold keys are what I consider to be "quality" (these are undergoing change). Safes, and crates have been highlighted. If a spawn point hasn't been specified, assume that it is a random drop from scavs or filing cabinets; almost all keys can be found this way but some have predictable spawns. 

Changelog:
11/14/17
   *Added 104 Spawn: Gdesk Key Locker
11/13/17
   *Clarified GDesk spawn. (Thanks Mozzy4Ever)

11/12/17

*Added GDesk image, corrected 110 spawn. (Thanks Iteration)

11/2/17
   *Corrected Cabinet Key and updated Marked Room loot. 
10/25/17
   * Re-added old soviet key. (Thanks again ShadowDraft)
10/23/17
   *Added Changelog (Thanks ShadowDraft)

Factory
  • Factory Key - This should never leave your gamma and opens two additional extracts and allows you to open the locked room in third floor offices. Possible super weapon in locked room, loose loot and occasional high end ammo. This key spawns in the office of 3-Storey in Customs, and the glass warehouse in Customs (in the blue locker or near the dead scav).
  • Key (pumping station) - Opens the "closed bunker" near machinery in the exit area but only the door nearest extract. There is rarely anything worth picking up in here but it can be a good ambush position. This key spawns in the locker room on the bench against the wall close to the entrance. 
  • Key (Soviet) - Almost identical to the pumping station key but this one opens the door closest to the ramp.

Woods
  • ZB-014 - Opens the locked room inside the bunker nearest to the exit. There is an openable locker, a weapons crate, and loose loot. Also a quest location. This key spawns in Room 220 in Customs.
  • Yotota - Opens a pickup truck in lumber yard next to the three huts. Loose loot in the cab. 

Customs
Misc Keys:
  • Customs Key - This opens the top floor office in the big red building at spawn. There is a safe, three lootable PCs, coats, and a duffle bag. Also a quest location.
  • Key (black handle) - This opens the gas station office door. There is a safe,  very rarely a pistol under the desk, rubles on the ground, and loose loot on the shelves in the back. 
  • Cabinet Key - This is key is identical to the above Key (black handle) in everything but name and description. 
  • Key (black handle: portable cabin key) - This opens the office trailer in construction near the crashed truck on the second level. Contains a weapons crate. Also a quest location. This key spawns in the locked room on Factory under the coats.
  • Unknown Key This opens the trailer in front of wallet spawn. A quest location. This key spawns on a dead scav, in the bushes behind the Welcome truck. 
  • Cabin Key - This opens the mobile trailer inside of bus depot. There's loose loot and rarely some 7.62. A disappointing key. 
  • Factory Key - This should never leave your gamma and opens shortcut. There's a green crate and a filing cabinet within the checkpoint. Very rarely a grenade spawns on the table. This key spawns in the office of 3-Storey in Customs, and the glass warehouse in Customs (in the blue locker or near the dead scav).
  • Checkpoint Key - Opens the building at the UN Checkpoint at the far end of Customs. There are two ammo crates, a grenade crateand a weapons' rack that spawns a weapon more often than others. This key can spawn in the glass warehouse near the dead scav. 
  • Storage - Opens the medical storage room in gas station next to the office and contains a medical crate and a medical bag. This key spawns under the desk in the gas station office.
  • Car Key - This opens the trunk of the white car near the dorms. There is a grenade crate
  • Machinery Key This opens the fuel truck's cabin inside Customs construction area. Used for a quest. This key spawns in room 205 in 3-Storey (partially blocked doorway) in the jacket. 
  • Cabin Key (trailer park) - This opens the cabin near offline spawn. There is a coat. It is a quest location. It is given to you at quest start but can be found near the weapon spawn if lost.

Two Story Dorms:
  • Dorm Guard Desk - Opens the security room in the lobby of two-story. Two ammo crates, a weapon crate, a weapon rack, and a possible key spawn in a key locker. The key spawns in the dead scav's hand in the first floor 2-Storey bathroom.
  • Room 104 - There are two jackets on the wall and a toolbox on the ground. This key spawns in the Dorm Guard Desk room in the key locker. 
  • Room 105 - There is a safe and loose loot on the ground.
  • Room 206 - No or unknown loot at this time. A quest location.
  • Room 110 - There is a safe on the floor and some loose loot on the ground. This key spawns in the back of the weapon spawn factory in Customs. 
  • Room 114 - There is a safe, a PC that you can loot, and a medical crate on the bed. This key spawns in the trunk of the car near the UN Checkpoint.

Three Story Dorms:
  • Room 108 - The Pussy Room: There is a spray painted cat on the wall near the door. Inside is a filing cabinet and a lootable PC.  
  • Room 108 (103) -  This key is identical to Room 108 in appearance and name (probably a typo) but opens room 103. It contains shelves with food / water. 
  • Room 118 - Coats (lootable), loose loot on furniture. 
  • Room 203 - Contains a duffle. Also a quest location. This key can be found in Room 214 in the red mug. 
  • Room 204 - Contains an openable locker with some loose loot on ground. 
  • Room 214 - The Ammo Room: generally some high-grade ammo, there's a safe on the floor near the wall. Also a quest location. Key 203 can be found in the red mug.
  • Room 218 - The Weapon Room: It'll be on the floor near the upturned bed. If not there, there will be some junk attachments.  
  • Room 220 - Coats, duffle, loose loot on shelves / desk. Key ZB-014 is very often found on the desk with a picture of its bunker. Also a quest location.
  • Room 303 The Murder Room: There is a green crate, and a fairly common weapon spawn on the desk. Also a quest location.
  • Room 306 - Often empty, possible loose loot on desk / shelves. A useless key and it still makes me angry.
  • Room 308 - The Money Room: Money, money, money. Rubles, euros, and/or dollars scattered on furniture. Not as lucrative as it once was.
  • Marked Room (314) - The Ritual Room: Scattered money on the floor, loose loot, possible weapon and rare item (docs cases, wallets, etc) spawn.
  • Room 315 - Possible pistol spawn on couch, loose loot on furniture. 

Quest Keys

• Unknown Key - Skier's quest: The Extortionist. It opens the white cabin in front of wallet spawn. This key spawns on a dead scav, in the bushes behind the Welcome truck. 
  • Cabin Key (trailer park) - Skier's quest: Golden Swag. The key opens the cabin near offline spawn. It can be found on scavs or near the weapon spawn factory in Customs if lost.
  • Room 303 - Skier's quest: Golden Swag. The key can be found on scavs. The golden lighter will be on the table.
  • Room 220 - Skier's quest: Chemical P2. The file can be found in the blue folders and there's something under the laptop.
  • Machinery Key - Prapor's Quest: Checking. This opens the fuel truck's cabin inside Customs construction area. The watch is on the truck cabin's floor. This key spawns in room 205 in 3-Storey (partially blocked doorway) in the jacket. 
  • Customs Key - Prapor's Quest: Delivery From the Past. The secure case will be close under the desk in the far room. 
  • Key (black handle: portable cabin key) - Prapor's quest: Bad Rep Evidence. This opens the office trailer in the Customs construction area near the crashed truck on the second level. The folder is on the table. This key spawns in the locked room on Factory under the coats.
  • ZB-014 - Prapor's quest: Ice Cream Cones. Opens the locked room inside the bunker nearest to the exit. There is an RNG chance of finding the mags there (just buy them). This key usually spawns in Room 220 in Customs.
  • Room 214 -  Prapor's quest: Shaking Up Teller. Key 203 can be found in the red mug or on scavs / filing cabinets.
  • Room 203 - Prapor's quest: Shaking Up Teller. The secure container is under the bed. This key can be found in Room 214 in the red mug. 
  • Room 206 - Therapist's quest: Operation Aquarius. Just walk inside. The key is a random drop. 

Unknown / Useless Keys
  • Weapons Safe Key - This and the other keys in this section have either unknown or no use. They are possibly quest items. 
  • (VAZ) Sixpack Key - This and the other keys in this section have either unknown or no use. They are possibly quest items. 

Due to the general deadliness of raids now, I still need confirmation on the contents of the following as well as any new keys discovered:
  • Are there new keys? What opens the M4 spawn room in the factory section of Customs?
  • Have they fixed all of the typos?
  • I would appreciate pictures of of the keys I have yet to add. Please post them here or PM me. Thanks.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

Are you prepared?

20170426_135656.jpg

Surviv0r   
Surviv0r
Posted (edited)

near the safe in customs (where use customs key)are 2 pc to loot too

Edited by Surviv0r

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Surviv0r said:

near the safe in customs (where use customs key)are 2 pc to loot too

Thanks. I'll add that to the list. 

Edited by The Velvet Gentleman
  • Like 1

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk

2017-07-25[23-27] (1).png

2017-07-25[23-28] (0).png

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

One of these opens the door of the Gas Station office (see above). The other must be another new patch duplicate. I haven't found it yet so I'll need someone with it to do the hunting around. The third key is the bunker key for Factory. 

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk

what does yotota key do?

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
44 minutes ago, rustyneedle_uk said:

what does yotota key do?

opens the door to the Yotota truck on the Woods map. 

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk

kk ty 

Thomas   
Thomas

Typo on "Custom's Office Key"

Dry ran all the good 200-300 keys & it is just not worth it.  Kill one scav & you've paid for everything you get in the whole building

Ishmael   
Ishmael

Has there been a update with the new map with keys?

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

No keys needed that I am aware of on Shoreline.

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

Extensive testing will be done soon. There have been occasions of keys having multiple uses for no reason. 

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk

all i have :)

Spoiler

car key rear.jpg

custom office key.jpg

dorms room 214 key.jpg

dorms room 220 key.jpg

dorms room 306 key.jpg

dorms room 308 key.jpg

dorms room 315 key.jpg

dorms room104 key 2 storey building.jpg

dorms room108 key.jpg

dorms room110 key 2 storey building.jpg

factory key.jpg

key grey (think gas station office or storage).jpg

marked key.jpg

military check point key.jpg

the key to gas station storage.jpg

weopon safe key.jpg

yotota car key front.jpg

yotota car key rear.jpg

zb-014 key.jpg

rustyneedle_uk   
rustyneedle_uk
On 7/27/2017 at 6:35 AM, The Velvet Gentleman said:

One of these opens the door of the Gas Station office (see above). The other must be another new patch duplicate. I haven't found it yet so I'll need someone with it to do the hunting around. The third key is the bunker key for Factory. 

both are gas station, 1 is the office with safe and the other next door a first aid storage bag with possible grizzly spawn

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rustyneedle_uk said:

both are gas station, 1 is the office with safe and the other next door a first aid storage bag with possible grizzly spawn

The medical storage closet is labeled Storage Key. In fact, you just linked it... I appreciate the pictures, man,

Justen   
Justen

2017-08-24[18-00] (1).png

• Turned On 1

Balls_of_steel   
Balls_of_steel

Dorm room 10559acb36c3647b_2017-09-0321-57(0).png.ce0d32750df4fd446ac6d29ca0635bc4.png

• Turned On 1

Tax   
Tax
On 7/26/2017 at 10:35 PM, The Velvet Gentleman said:

Velvet Gentleman, here's my key guide which has the location listed for both the Black-Handled keys, they go to different doors. One sells for 10-15k the other for 2-4k, that's the only way to tell the difference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CDK9qxsGlmOaC7O-h-aAgne8Mo7-4naWq0_73a_oBVk/edit#gid=1140370751

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
15 hours ago, Tax said:

Velvet Gentleman, here's my key guide which has the location listed for both the Black-Handled keys, they go to different doors. One sells for 10-15k the other for 2-4k, that's the only way to tell the difference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CDK9qxsGlmOaC7O-h-aAgne8Mo7-4naWq0_73a_oBVk/edit#gid=1140370751

Thanks @Tax but I did find that key location and added to the list. 

Tax   
Tax
4 hours ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

Thanks @Tax but I did find that key location and added to the list. 

Oh sorry, totally missed that.

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman
On 9/12/2017 at 5:03 AM, Dabek said:

Hi all,

Room 108 (103) key has a duplicate and opens room 108. It looks IDENTICAL like 108 (103) and is more expensive from it. In room has a computer and a metal cabinet.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArNCPlLB85HEjPpngB7L30_G2Dtfpw

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArNCPlLB85HEjPpl3Ehk8_q8_VfWTA

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArNCPlLB85HEjPpmc1r0v1KHtG6Kbw

You're the man! I knew there had to be a duplicate. If I'm not mistaken that is the room that has a spray paint cat on it, correct? It shall be deemed the pussy room. 

Dabek   
Dabek
1 hour ago, The Velvet Gentleman said:

You're the man! I knew there had to be a duplicate. If I'm not mistaken that is the room that has a spray paint cat on it, correct? It shall be deemed the pussy room. 

You are right, the right side of the door is a picture of a cat.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArNCPlLB85HEjPpx6zIHZjn9_FlD3g

Iteration   
Iteration

Found a new key, 303 for three story Dorms on Customs.

Inside there is a green crate, and a chance for an AKS (weapon spawn) to spawn atop the table near the window. Only been there once but it's the first mention I've seen of this key number, so I think it was implemented along with the new patch. The game is too laggy atm so I cannot test the room's loot further.

There's blood all around the floor near the entrance, so murder room?

Found the key on a dead Scav but I expect you to be able to find it in file cabinets like most other Dorm keys.

Edited by Iteration
  • Turned On 1