Skinii

Newbie Tips

Skinii   
Skinii

Anybody have tips for newbies? I picked it up a few weeks ago but have not had much time to play.

Snow   
Snow

Same, would love some tips

Rin   
Rin

Don't pick shit u don't need, Get the medical stuff, For starters avoid crowded areas and areas with high loot. Play cautionly and do not run into combat. Avoid areas with open doors unless urgent need for items. use them damn nades.

Snappy   
Snappy

Dont take the game serious, Run and gun, figure out how the game/guns work, Then go from there. If the door is open, run in screaming on the mic to "put their hands up!" And when they dont shoot em!!!

• Like 1

Minos   
Minos

At the start of the match, open up your map and look for cities/towns that is somewhat out of the path the plane is heading.  This allows you to get lots of loot safely without having to fend off from 15 guys.  From there, make sure to have a few med kits, and energy drinks/painkillers and obviously a weapon with enough ammo.  You want to make sure that you have enough supplies that if you run into a battle, you will atleast have some way to defend yourself and heal after.   And try to shut doors on the outside of buildings because if a player comes you way, if the door is closed (all doors are closed from start) they might not be alerted by your presence right a way.  This could allow for a surprise attack on them.  

When it comes to the blue circle, really there is currently no ideal place style.  Due to updates for the game, it's constantly changing.  Right now?  I like to make sure I control at least one side of area, with the circle right on my back.  This allows me to worry about what is in front of me and not behind.  From there, I push in as the circle gets smaller and hope for victory.  

Colt51   
Colt51

Well since nobody else is gonna say it, always go forwards, never backwards, cause backwards is bad, apparently,  On a more serious note try to coordinate gear with your team in duo/squad games.  After this last patch primary weapons and, more importantly, ammo are harder to come by.  If you have 4 guys rolling together all rocking AKMs and SKSes you're all gonna have a bad time.  At a bare minimum in a 4 man squad 2 people should be using some sort of 5.56 and 2 using 7.62.  Try to help your buddies out with ammo too.  If you're rocking an AK then don't scoop up 5.56, unless you're planning on bringing it to your buddy with the M16.  Same principle for gear, optics, etc.  If you have optics on your primary and anyone in your squad is still running around with irons then fork over your extra red dot.  Late game it won't matter so much as by the last 20 alive or so everyone's fed as hell, but for the first 2-3 circles making sure your whole squad can participate in, and win, a sustained firefight is more important than having one seriously decked out guy with three sickle and pistol wielding followers. 

• Like 1

KingKira   
KingKira

when starting a match look at planes path then pick a town you wont be able to reach with a shoot grab a car and drive there or pick patches of houses that are scattered through out the map the best way to make it to the end is to be in the least amount of fight as you can the last thing you want is to take out a team and then get taken out by another hiding because you gave away your position.( to those worried about k/d saying that you cant raise it if you dont get kills you also cant raise it if you die). dont make dumb plays communicate if your doing a squad or a duo if you down a enemy player you should know that he still has his team in his surroundings if you see him moving in a direction it is most likely toward his team. if in a squad the load out should be 2 with 5.56 guns 2 with AKM as prime if possible to split ammo seconds should be at best 2 with snipers and the other 2 with a shotgun or SMG. always point out where you are hearing foot steps or gun shots to keep track of enemy movements and dont move when you dont have to. only give away your position after 1 telling your team where the target is 2 if you are almost certain to get the kill.

Colt51   
Colt51

Ooh, speaking of telling your team where the target is, use the compass at the top of the HUD.  Call out bearing numbers, not just N, S, SW, etc.  By extension, if you hear your teammates shouting random numbers about enemies (Contact!  195!) like the're gauging HP or guessing how much they can bench or being weirdly preoccupied about everyone's weight, the compass is what they're referring to.  Keep in mind that the numbers are less accurate the further you are away from each other, so, great thing to rely on when you're all together, not so much when you're on the other side of town. 

• Like 1

Rouge_Tactics   
Rouge_Tactics
On 4/26/2017 at 7:54 PM, Colt51 said:

Ooh, speaking of telling your team where the target is, use the compass at the top of the HUD.  Call out bearing numbers, not just N, S, SW, etc.  By extension, if you hear your teammates shouting random numbers about enemies (Contact!  195!) like the're gauging HP or guessing how much they can bench or being weirdly preoccupied about everyone's weight, the compass is what they're referring to.  Keep in mind that the numbers are less accurate the further you are away from each other, so, great thing to rely on when you're all together, not so much when you're on the other side of town. 

I like this one lol!!

you'd be suprised how many people ask what you mean and have no idea what your saying!

TactiTaco   
TactiTaco
On 4/26/2017 at 7:54 PM, Colt51 said:

I would have to strongly agree with this one, great addition @Colt51

I'm going to try and explain a concept that maybe will be simple to grasp, or I'll get caught up in my Army jargon.. Something called "terrain association" in combination with our ability to drop markers on the map.
1. You take contact from, let's say, exactly North of your location roughly 100 meters.
2. You take cover and 3rd person peak for any distinguishable things (houses, hills, etc.)
3. You open your map zoom in (each little white box on the map is equal to 100meters) you look at your location and you drop a marker 100 meters north as accurately as you can(using the same houses/hills as reference).

You've now marked where the enemy is, and the rest of you squad/duo can use your marker on their compass as a general reference. To then flank and engage that enemy.

l-RUSE-|   
l-RUSE-|

Something I haven't seen, whoever is peeking right around a building or any cover really that isnt a tree has the advantage (house, sheds, a rock etc). Your third person camera is over your right shoulder, so you can keep your body in cover and see alot more than if you peek left, argument can be made that you can ads and look over your other shoulder however now your using a wasd key to hold Q clustering your movement, you also have a lower FOV because youre zoomed in, and you have a chance if shooting whatever is your cover instead of the person because you wont always get the red dot. 

I honestly encourage people who just got the game to drop school a few times, you will learn how to loot faster because your life depends on it, and you will get experience with firefights right off the bat instead of dropping in some cluster of 4 houses way out from civilization and then losing all that gear you got because theyve never experienced the gun play, just looting. Maybe im a hater, but non confrontational drops are lame :)

ALSO LOOT WITH TAB NOT F IT IS MUCH FASTER AND LESS BUGGY

• Like 1