GetStronger

Just an idea. Maybe some kind of trade zone on the map?

GetStronger   
GetStronger

I know people would abuse it but give everyone a good heads up if you kill in this zone you are banned no quesitons asked maybe? just an idea some of us had and thought it would be pretty cool.

• Like 2

OiLSLiCK   
OiLSLiCK
I know people would abuse it but give everyone a good heads up if you kill in this zone you are banned no quesitons asked maybe? just an idea some of us had and thought it would be pretty cool.

Sounds pretty cool, the only problem is that it will be very difficult to enforce. Also, the community's vision for the server is for it to be "no holds barred" type of PvP server with the exception of some rules to make the PvP fair. So, while I think it sounds interesting, I think it might cause more of a headache than be fun. I can see people camping all around the designated area just waiting to ambush traders and traders complaining about those campers. Heck, I'd camp it too.

On another note, somewhat related, we do plan trading events with armed guards. This is open to whoever is on the server at the time we're holding it. We've done one or two of these before and it seemed rather successful, so be on the look out for another one of these.

Sent from my mobile device.

• Like 2

lilgartz   
lilgartz

I actually am considering doing a trade event on our server soon! Maybe after the wipe. But im going to set up multiple mili tents, and a few barrels and then fill them with goodies once this is in place. I'd like armed gaurds, and notifications to the public. In all honestly we will need alot of gaurds because its likely to be a murder fest. Any people wishing to come trade needs hands up and will be one at a time, till doors close. If anyone doesnt follow said rules, gaurds will be putting people down left and right.

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

I've always wanted to do this but like the other guys said it's very hard to enforce and maintain. Your idea of banning people who kill in the trade zone could be enforced. It would just be a head ache. What we would have to do is. Find the name of the victim and then trace the kill through the logs and ban the killer. It could be done but would need multiple people to run.

If enough players are interested we could have a known town as a trade point at certain times when we are online. It would have to be members only but anyone can enter. The best idea would be to have people come into a area where we can see them coming. Get there ingame name by checking. Once inside a secured building we let in one by one to access the trader. This would require men outside on watch. Bodies inside to secure the loot and run the trade post and someone at the front door. I do believe this is the way we do the trader event. 

l-RUSE-|   
l-RUSE-|

Man anyone who played dayz mod will tell you that safezones cause such a bitch fest. Good idea on paper however the time that would be used doing this could be used on many other things that would be more beneficial to the server

• Like 1

Rin   
Rin
Posted (edited)

Old style tradezones are bad everyone knows why especially the mod guys.

A dynamic trader system with a mobile trader or a player supported trading system is what will work, Because then you know anything can go wrong.

But that is so far away atm with this walking simulator it would piss u even more to die in trader when u can't even use a bike ;)

Edited by Arbiter

Pochacco   
Pochacco

A mobile trader would be fun. If anyone is looking to do that I'd be happy to help in anyway. I did mention in another forum here that I would love to open a leather trade in dayz sa. but will need a hand.