Maverick V6

Alpha Escape from Tarkov Alpha Footage

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

This video shows some of the early beauty of this upcoming title. For those interested.  Enjoy. Please note that this is alpha footage and subject to improvements/change. Video post made by Russian Streamer.

• Like 1

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

I appreciate the level of detail that Battlestate Games is adding to this Title:

Note at 1:58 of this video that when he is being engaged by another player between the metal door that you see each bullet penetration through the metal.

Then shortly after (2:08) he gets engaged in a close quarter fight only to survive due to his body armor. After he empties his Mag he attempts to run away but his legs are severely damaged/broken thus causes him to stagger and move very slowly. Thus, he is forced to switch to secondary to take out his target.  (also help that the other players missed a lot of shots).

Major Alpha Patch incoming. Very exciting. If anyone shows interest or has questions, don't hesitate to message me.

-Mav

Arbiter   
Arbiter

Post me patch logs when it drops please, I have been too busy with work lately.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
8 minutes ago, Arbiter said:

Post me patch logs when it drops please, I have been too busy with work lately.

I would refer you to the alpha general discussion forums to avoid NDA issues.  Official patch notes have not been released, however there are many articles that express intended changes and they are exciting. I expected the patch to drop this week but that didn't occur, fingers cross for next week.

Arbiter   
Arbiter

no just link me to it is what i meant haha ;)

Zippo   
Zippo

Was looking at getting this, looks very promising and extremely impressive for a game thats not AAA.

When you preorder one of the games with a chance to enter the alpha, do they tell you instantly if you get a spot or not or do you have to wait?

Also, when does the closed beta start?

DrLiability   
DrLiability

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they accept people in waves. If you want to play the game while it's in alpha, you would want to get the EOD edition because that's the only for sure way to play the alpha and they tell you immediately. Plus you get a lot of other goodies like the season pass. As for when the closed beta starts... No one is sure on that. I heard around that it would at least be another 3 months until closed beta starts, but that isn't official. I hope this information helps at least a little. So far I love the game itself.

Zippo   
Zippo

Yeah pretty tempted to buy it, but 110 euro is just an absurd amount of money for a video game.

DrLiability   
DrLiability

I understand. Before I bought the game I was like, "140 dollars doesn't seem worth it." I lost to my temptation, but I do not regret the purchase. I love playing the game, and testing for the bugs. I'm looking forward to the full game and the DLC that the EOD edition gives. Personally, I think that if they added something like a "guest key" so that you could bring a friend with you, it would be more worth the money. Of course, the beta will be much worth the wait if you just want to preorder the other editions instead.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
4 hours ago, Zippo said:

Was looking at getting this, looks very promising and extremely impressive for a game thats not AAA.

When you preorder one of the games with a chance to enter the alpha, do they tell you instantly if you get a spot or not or do you have to wait?

Also, when does the closed beta start?

Usually you will know if you get into the alpha within 20-30 min from purchase. They do add more members in waves but most of those waves (if not all) have already occurred. As it is described in the pre-order page on the EFT website (http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page), you have chances for alpha access with 3out of the 4 bundles. The EOD edition will be only available in alpha and subsequent 'high end' bundles will not provide all the same benefits/perks of this bundle. If money is tight and you are interested, I would buy the 2nd package and roll the dice. If you don't get in you can upgrade your package at anytime (pre-beta) and roll the dice again. Only guarantee at this time is the EOD edition.

Zippo   
Zippo
Just now, Maverick V6 said:

Usually you will know if you get into the alpha within 20-30 min from purchase. They do add more members in waves but most of those waves (if not all) have already occurred. As it is described in the pre-order page on the EFT website (http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page), you have chances for alpha access with 3out of the 4 bundles. The EOD edition will be only available in alpha and subsequent 'high end' bundles will not provide all the same benefits/perks of this bundle. If money is tight and you are interested, I would buy the 2nd package and roll the dice. If you don't get in you can upgrade your package at anytime (pre-beta) and roll the dice again. Only guarantee at this time is the EOD edition.

Literally just bought the EOD version.

On top of the 110 euro, they added the 25% VAT at checkout, so it was a pretty hefty sum in the end, but oh well, I'll manage.

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
1 minute ago, Zippo said:

Literally just bought the EOD version.

On top of the 110 euro, they added the 25% VAT at checkout, so it was a pretty hefty sum in the end, but oh well, I'll manage.

Welcome to the EFT community. It will be fun!