Zarif

Zarif has submitted a Ban Dispute

Zarif

Zarif has made a request for ban dispute, detailed below:

1. In Game Name: Zarifis
  2. GUID: Nada
  3. Reason for Ban: Theft and Poaching, apparently.
  4. Admin Name: Assuming you know who did it: Vex
  5. What Server:: Discord
  6. Ban Length:: Likely forever
  7. Date/Time of Ban (For log checking purposes):: 6/31/22?
  8. Your account of what occurred:: I got roped into a mass ban of people and committed the crime of just existing around it. But in reality, that actually covers it more or less. I got banned for association. I'd like that removed.
  9. Proof::
  10. In Game Name: Imperia, technically

Vex
14 minutes ago, Zarif said:

Zarif has made a request for ban dispute, detailed below:

1. In Game Name: Zarifis
  2. GUID: Nada
  3. Reason for Ban: Theft and Poaching, apparently.
  4. Admin Name: Assuming you know who did it: Vex
  5. What Server:: Discord
  6. Ban Length:: Likely forever
  7. Date/Time of Ban (For log checking purposes):: 6/31/22?
  8. Your account of what occurred:: I got roped into a mass ban of people and committed the crime of just existing around it. But in reality, that actually covers it more or less. I got banned for association. I'd like that removed.
  9. Proof::
  10. In Game Name: Imperia, technically

You ban appeal has been noted along with the following posts:

Should you wish to bring anything else up please post here. 

Maverick V6

Disappointment sums up this response.

As a neutral party to this falling out with some members of our Dungeons and Dragons sub-community, I have been asked to do my best to summarize the events that transpired and announce our final community decision based on the evidence provided.

Firstly, I think that there has been an ongoing feud for many months with a handful of members, dungeon masters, and the world designer (Agent Serro). It sounds like there has been a significant lack of maturity for those involved to try and discuss differences in a concise way to help seek resolution of these issues. This ultimately led to this rift. The lack of professionalism and lack of human decency is disappointing. I understand that people do not see eye to eye on most things, but active involvement by talking behind someone’s back with intention to cause harm is unacceptable. Frankly I do not care if you get along with Agent Serro, or anyone for that matter. This behavior alone is unacceptable and childish.

As early as the beginning of June it was the intention of mman666 aka (gru(D)|Leo(E)|Les(E)|Zen(E)) to create a small community for D&D on his own personal Discord server. Initially this began with him inviting friends of our community to his.  This alone is not problematic, nor does it break any of our community rules; however, as more members came to join the server there was a select message posted on 6/22/22 in your announcements section (as seen in exhibit A) that requested others to begin recruitment for the small-scale community. This response was then later deleted by someone within your community this morning.

There is nothing wrong with members splitting away from UWS to use their own private Discords for their own purposes. However, this private discord moved away from just a group of friends playing and doing their own thing to an attempt to grow independently with aspirations to recruit and grow their own D&D Westmarch campaign. This is now a conflict of interest.  Shortly after, former member RedGaming00 was caught actively recruiting a newly established member of our UWS community (Exhibit B). This was done in clear violation of one of our community rules: “Promotion of unaffiliated groups/communities are not allowed”. 

As a result of these findings, we were able to compile a list of UWS members actively participating in this newly created server and in an intended response to conduct damage control, a blanket ban from the community was performed along with having all active D&D roles/access revoked. At this time, the initial investigating team was still compiling evidence to further review and to help make final decisions regarding those involved and their memberships here. During this time, they were encouraging those involved to dispute/appeal their bans. The responses in these threads are less than productive and provide little assistance to prove their claims of innocence. Despite this, we at United We Stand do not rule with an iron fist. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. As a result, the following has been decided.

1)      Longstandingjoke: You have decided to step down as a dungeon master and assist to Agent Serro on your own terms. Although I feel that this decision spawns from the difficulties that occurred over the last many months (if not longer). The fact that you decided to leave is not a concern of ours. You left from a staffing perspective within good standing despite the butting of heads with Agent Serro. We are disappointed by your failure to work to resolve these issues, yet that is a decision you made. We have not found evidence to support a permanent ban and thus your membership status will be reinstated.

2)      Mman666: It is in our view that you created your own personal discord to develop a new Westmarch campaign. This quickly morphed into a desire to not just continue a private campaign with a select group of friends, but turned into attempts to further recruitment and community development. This then led to attempted poaching of at least one of our UWS community members. This is worsened by the fact that you have tampered and deleted evidence on your communities Discord to help cover up these actions. You were found to be advising others to actively recruit, and those actions have led to the attempt of member poaching from our community. As a result, we have decided to maintain your permanent ban. In addition, not only within our community but also within yours you continue to stoke the fires and promote a consistent negative image of Agent Serro. You don’t have to like him, but this ongoing harassment is not acceptable. We wish you well with your campaign.

3)      BlackDragon: We have no evidence to support your ban and your membership will be restored.

4)      Artolust: We have no evidence to support your ban and your membership will be restored.

5)      RedGaming00: You will be banned for actively trying to poach our members.

6)      Attar: We have no evidence to support your ban and your membership will be restored.

7)      Zarifis: We have no evidence to support your ban and your membership will be restored.

For those who have been unjustly temporarily banned, we apologize. This was done originally as a control measure and now that we have promptly reviewed all evidence, we have come to the decisions above.

If you wish to remain an active member of UWS then we strongly encourage you to remain civil and help better our community as best as possible. We however will not tolerate any further discourse against Agent Serro and any actions deemed to be malicious will lead to your dismissal. We also will not tolerate the sharing of any sensitive information regarding the campaign that is crafted by Agent Serro to be used in any fashion with any other community unless provided consent to do so.

Thank you,

The UWS Admin Team

Exhibit A:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Exhibit B:

image.png