Sign in to follow this  
imkingk

UWS server trys 1st person??

imkingk   
imkingk

Ive been itching to play a 1st person server but dont want to play any other servers than our own!! what are the chances we switch to 1st person for a bit or at least ask around and see if people are down for it?? 

• Like 3

OiLSLiCK   
OiLSLiCK

I think this has been discussed in the past and we think it would greatly affect our server population. I, for one, would love to play a 1pp server. This may be something we can try out if we ever start a discussion on starting a 2nd UWS server. I will also see what people think about it.

• Like 3

imkingk   
imkingk
1 hour ago, OiLSLiCK said:

I think this has been discussed in the past and we think it would greatly affect our server population. I, for one, would love to play a 1pp server. This may be something we can try out if we ever start a discussion on starting a 2nd UWS server. I will also see what people think about it.

Awesome!! thanks oil! if theres ever a discussion about it id love to take part!

• Like 2

Big Boss   
Big Boss

I'm in for this. My first two years of playing DayZ were mostly 1st person. One of the top servers has always been 1st person. Maybe start a poll to see who is interested? The 2nd server idea is cool too. =]

• Like 3

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

We must secure funds and donations for our first server before considering a second. 

lilgartz   
lilgartz

I agree with hornet, We cant afford to be paying for a second until funds are in order.

However 1st person would be epic, IMO.

OiLSLiCK   
OiLSLiCK

Guys, guys, I said "IF we ever start a discussion..." I'm in no way looking to start a second server right now. My plan is to see how successful the reserved slots will be and then start a discussion about a second server if it goes well.

Sent from my mobile device.

Rin   
Rin

I am with Slick and Hornet here. Also need to realise the Target audience is completely different, Someone from a 1stP can transfer to a 3rdP server easily but the opposite usually cannot be done.

It will bottom from 60 to 20 tops.

I have seen servers collapse with less.

As for a second server lets be realistic, Currently dayz donations barely stretch to cover 1 server yet alone 2.

• Like 1

lilgartz   
lilgartz

@Arbiter, @OiLSLiCK So how are our funds now? and im still interested in 1st person only as im sure others are too :D just thought id keep this discussion alive.

• Like 1

Rin   
Rin

It isn't that great Gartz, The funds can barely cover the 1 server and every month by pure math its a struggle to gather all money needed as not enough people donate (Plus the amount is huge!).

If there was a way so people could donate for a reserved slots or other little things like we did with arma then that could cover a big amount every month. Need to see what @OiLSLiCK @Horny-Hornet and the other dayz fellas think though.

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

The fact is we missed our server funding by $40 just says it all. We still need to secure our first server.

OiLSLiCK   
OiLSLiCK
16 hours ago, lilgartz said:

@Arbiter, @OiLSLiCK So how are our funds now? and im still interested in 1st person only as im sure others are too :D just thought id keep this discussion alive.

As much as I'd like to have a 1pp server, I don't think we could justify it. Funds are somewhat lacking and we're exploring other methods to cover our monthly goals.

Rin   
Rin
3 hours ago, OiLSLiCK said:

As much as I'd like to have a 1pp server, I don't think we could justify it. Funds are somewhat lacking and we're exploring other methods to cover our monthly goals.

With female/male characters prostitution (even limited) would be a thing inside dayz! Have a pimp and a few man / women whores pay with paypal donations for minutes of "pleasure" (torture probably) :)

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

Yep if each Dayz person donated 5 bucks it would probably pay itself off, people are enjoying the new 60 slots but it's a luxury that is putting us behind thus I have to allocate funds from Fun to Dayz and hope next month we meet the goal. One day they will hopefully release the files and we can put it on our box.

Rin   
Rin
3 hours ago, Trunkz Jr said:

Yep if each Dayz person donated 5 bucks it would probably pay itself off, people are enjoying the new 60 slots but it's a luxury that is putting us behind thus I have to allocate funds from Fun to Dayz and hope next month we meet the goal. One day they will hopefully release the files and we can put it on our box.

at that point it you will probably have a second box too :D

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Eh, the DayZ killer is soon to be in Beta. Enjoy while it lasts ;) . 

Rin   
Rin
7 hours ago, Maverick V6 said:

Eh, the DayZ killer is soon to be in Beta. Enjoy while it lasts ;) . 

Don't tell them that, They can't take it. They have to wait themselves about 6 more months for beta for something that was supposed to be beta in 2015 as per their site timeline :)

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

your not talking about EFT right?

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6
2 hours ago, Arbiter said:

Don't tell them that, They can't take it. They have to wait themselves about 6 more months for beta for something that was supposed to be beta in 2015 as per their site timeline :)

We will be nice then. :) 

In all honesty, as I mentioned before, I think those interested should make the DayZ server FPS only. Helps with the concerns brought up previously with 'hackers' and wall/floor glitchers etc.  Depends how you guys enjoy playing. If it is just to mess around then 3 PPV is fine but if anyone tries to tackle a game seriously and deems it a "tactical shooter", then first person is the only way to go.  Sometimes you need to go against the grain.

...or you can play EFT!

-Mav

HornyHornet   
HornyHornet

As much as people say I'd like to change the server to fp only everyone always goes back to 3rd person. That's why all the top servers for dayz are 3rd person. 

What it comes down to like I said before ,  if we secure the main servers funding there is no reason why can't run a second. Until we do there won't be another server. 

HALFAXA   
HALFAXA

1st person is loads of fun but it isn't for everyone and falls into a 'niche' kind of category.  I'm loving UWS server as well and would play on it regardless of whether it was 1st/3rd or 1st only, but I don't think alot of the general DayZ population would.  

It's really a shame, 1st is very immersive, but it's enjoyable either way in my own opinion.