Sign in to follow this  
AimlessMoto

Back after a year... What Happened Here?!

AimlessMoto

So, Hi... Many  new faces, some I know from the good-ol' PubG days... 

Walk me through what's going on now... does PubG even play in the UWS anymore? 

What is everyone playing... and how the hell does Discord work?

Thanks, glad to be back... even though it's 100% jarring and scary. 

ranchitup

Welcome back, @AimlessMoto!

Forums/Teamspeak have pretty much migrated to the Discord platform since around July/August. It was due to numerous reasons - a couple of those reasons being popular vote by members of UWS and the fact that Teamspeak development had pretty much gone radio silent.

In the UWS Discord, the most populated games will have their own voice channel(s) that will typically have staff assigned to help out with recruitment, events, and any issues that arise. But you can still create your own channel for games that aren't listed on their own. Along with the voice channels, there are text channels and that is how a lot of folks socialize and keep updated about games. Think of it kind of like IRC chat rooms from back in the day with a mixture of shoutbox elements and voice channels. There are also bots that help keep things organized and have useful functions via text commands for controlling voice channels.

The medium is different and has been an adjustment for some folks but overall the transition has been smooth with some incredible work, time, and patience from our awesome staff!

If you need any help navigating Discord, don't be afraid to reach out to any of the staff, myself included.

Cheers! 🍻

Vex

Your discord rank has been updated to reflect your membership.

Utilize the discord help desk if you have any questions 🙂

@AimlessMoto

AimlessMoto

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the update Vex! I'm getting a new PC this week (Alienware R10, GTX 3070, Ryzen 7 3700)... my old rig had STB last week, so I want to get back into the scene. 

DaveMartins

Thank you for the information , I also returned a year later and did not understand where the asset disappeared

Trunkz Jr

@DaveMartins good to have ya back make sure to pop in discord 

Plagueis

It's best to lurk here and there while taking a break.  I'm a pro at that. Lurking and breaking.  Welcome back.