Sign in to follow this  
Yeetcantcatchme

FishSticks Ban Appeal

Yeetcantcatchme
  1. Name of Offender: Fishsticks
  2. GUID: If you were able to obtain it (admins): 
  3. Reason for banning:: Perm-Banned for using recording software without permission. we were in a 18+ channel talking about police related matters and everyone started getting agitated
  4. Important note here: I have never said that I am recording someone. We got in a heated debate and got banned because someone thought I was recording them. 
  5. Any admins on at the time:: Vex
  6. Date/Time of Incident (For log checking purposes):: July 2nd 2020 12:30 am EST
  7. Proof: http://prntscr.com/ta6z5z

drasik

He said he was recording. Everyone heard him. I fully agree with this ban. This guy is a troll that came to our community to disrupt. He has come to the channel several times and he's done the same things every time. However this time he admitted to recording others without their knowledge. 

• Like 1

Vex

You stated with 7-10 people about 45 minutes into conversation that you were recording. The whole channel heard it. You were being intentionally aggravate. When i joined the channel initially i joined to you essentially yelling towards multiple UWS members.  This may have been an unsafe space but there turns into a point where you are trolling. Our teamspeak is set up to not allow recording without people's knowledge. In the majority of states. recording without the parties involved knowledge is a federal offence. We have plenty of ear witness accounts to you stating you had been recording the whole time after HOURS of this going on. The recording wouldn't have been an issue if you had notified all parties involved. The issue is the blatant trolling behavior and the snake like behavior you showed. 

I have no qualm with this ban. I 100 percent believe it is warranted. As a very laid back staff member i don't kick or ban very often.

Staff; Please review the staff section about his previous behaviors

@Community Admin @Community Leader

• Like 2

Yeetcantcatchme

It wasnt trolling and it was people just not liking my opinion on things and can you show proof or any of that that I actually said it? As I said I was never recording the situation and nobody has been complaining that I was recording until one of the individuals thought I said I was recording and then it turned into a big issue when clearly it wasnt and were just stating what we think. It was a debate and not a troll. Please dont say I was trolling as a way of making me look like a person that didnt like what I was talking about in that channel which again was a unsafe space. 

• Confused 1

drasik

Ya no I'm calling BS. You said you were recording. You were asked clearly to clarify what you said three times and you decided to stay silent. You clearly did it and you weren't here to share conversation. You targeted members for harassment and yelled into the mic many times in an attempt to drown out others from speaking. You don't belong here. I sincerely hope you seek help. You have a lot of problems. Good luck. 

• Like 1

Vex

Okay...So; Let's have a conversation about "gary lumpkins"

Gary had been banned in UWS in 2018. Gary uses the following image as his UWS account profile picture. spacer.png  

Where does this fit into this story one may ask? I, Vex AKA VexUnchained; was streaming tonight on twitch... I got the following message in my chat.

Garylumpkins.png

Interesting, a lonely Vex thinks... So the research begins with the help of a colleague. A suspicious THREAD is found... More digging begins. A ban was issued for trolling.  The ban request was denied. Gary Lumpkins was no longer allowed at UWS. Now; you may be thinking. Why does this gary guy matter? 

Guess what; I have concluded Gary is Fishsticks AKA @Yeetcantcatchme. Why do i say this...? Simply; The EXACT same image is used over and over as his profile image. Do you remember the PePe? IMG_20180224_142713.png.036ce09e94febade

His teamspeak "Fishsticks" account used the PePe... His TWITCH used the PePe.. His UWS ACCOUNT uses the PePe. 

Take this as you will but, This user is a troll true to heart and will continue to troll our community. I will not lift this ban and i urge the leadership to stand fast with me on this. This has been an issue for the past two years. Sad but true.

Thank you for your time.

(Staff search Gary in staff section)

salt bae ban GIF

• Like 1
  • Turned On 2

Trunkz Jr

You could of asked me, Gary and fish both have the same last IP used 🤭 plus Fish using vpn at different locations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Vex
5 hours ago, Trunkz Jr said:

You could of asked me, Gary and fish both have the same last IP used 🤭 plus Fish using vpn at different locations. 

Shut up Dad; I'm a detective!! 

animation film GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

• Haha 1

Hellsaber

he used a vpn came in under the name skeeterpeter

typwnagain

So from an unbiased perspective, reading over this I've made a couple observations.

It does not explicitly state in our community rules that voice recordings of other members is against our rules, with or without consent. At least not the one listed through our site I just read.

Voice recording in some instances is used as a medium of documentation to shield our members from griefing of members who are being malicious, trolling, or harrassment. In some of these cases in the past these recordings, I'm sure the victim probably did not always inform the person causing them trouble.

I personally have also had a member here claim they were recording me without my consent when they were trolling me.

That being said, I can see both sides of this sword. One side it can be used maliciously, on the other as a tool to be used to achieve an end to defend yourself.

The other question I have is this, if the reason for this user's ban was the recording of other members on voice comms without consent, what relevance does the history of the member being a troll in the community have here?

If its part of the cause for dismissal or ban it should be introduced as part as the documented reason for the ban, not just thrown in as ammo in the thread for appeal.

I support the ban, but some modifications should be made to procedure and rules to alleviate inconsistencies in how discipline is carried out.

• Like 1

Vex
On 7/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, typwnagain said:

So from an unbiased perspective, reading over this I've made a couple observations.

It does not explicitly state in our community rules that voice recordings of other members is against our rules, with or without consent. At least not the one listed through our site I just read.

Voice recording in some instances is used as a medium of documentation to shield our members from griefing of members who are being malicious, trolling, or harrassment. In some of these cases in the past these recordings, I'm sure the victim probably did not always inform the person causing them trouble.

I personally have also had a member here claim they were recording me without my consent when they were trolling me.

That being said, I can see both sides of this sword. One side it can be used maliciously, on the other as a tool to be used to achieve an end to defend yourself.

The other question I have is this, if the reason for this user's ban was the recording of other members on voice comms without consent, what relevance does the history of the member being a troll in the community have here?

If its part of the cause for dismissal or ban it should be introduced as part as the documented reason for the ban, not just thrown in as ammo in the thread for appeal.

I support the ban, but some modifications should be made to procedure and rules to alleviate inconsistencies in how discipline is carried out.

Regardless of the initial reason for the ban which indeed did state a trollish / aggravated behavior. We do need to look into the rewording of our rules seeing as the teamspeak itself does not allow recording. It is a weird situation because in the US some states require only one party to be notified (that person can be the recorder, while other states require all parties to be notified). I am unsure of other places issues. To be safe i ALWAYS inform people i will be recording the conversation. 

"<08:40:24> Started recording
<08:40:24> Your avatar was deleted.
<08:40:24> You were kicked from the server by "Doorman" (Dont Rec Me Bro)
<08:40:24> Disconnected from server"

The initial ban was issued because he was recording members (in which every single person in the room who were all members, while this guy was not a member had an issue with) while purposely being aggravate and trollish; in my opinion to catch someone slipping up due to him being well let's be honest; an immature manchild. The rest of the information came in to support the case. He's a troll. That's it; with a history of bans.  

Anyways, I am kind of done with this thread. Dudes a troll. Doesn't deserve to be anywhere around our community. We can take the rule discussion elsewhere and look into revamping if its deemed necessary 

• Like 1
  • Turned On 1

AgentSerro

In the past, one of my captains had to kick 'Fishsticks' out of the Division2 TS channel for being extremely disruptive and trolling.

I'm perfectly happy with his ban due to his trollish nature.

Besides if you got Vex worked up, then the ban is without a doubt warranted 👍

• Haha 1
  • Turned On 1