Sign in to follow this  
ranchitup

Considering a RX 5700...

ranchitup

I am in the market for a new video card. Sticking with AMD due to my FreeSync monitor. Current specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 XTR 8 GB

16gb ram

Acer XF270HU 27" IPS FreeSync Gaming Monitor 144 Hz 4ms

-----

I have been looking at the Radeon RX 5700, specifically the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT DirectX 12 100416NT+SESR 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Video Card, SPECIAL EDITION for approximately $459 on Newegg. I've heard good things about the RX 5700. I'm not too worried about bottle necking since I plan on upgrading my Ryzen processor within the next 6 months or so.

Is the Sapphire Nitro+ worth it and is the one I picked out overkill? Should I hold out for a while for a new video card or is now a good time?

ranchitup

Went ahead and took a leap, ordered Wednesday and should be arriving tomorrow. I will give a review once it's installed and ready to roll!

Ackelby

I am interested in hearing about this card, I am a long AMD user and would like to upgrade myself.

OsamaBeLagin

@ranchitup @Ackelby

If you guys are AMD fans then you'll love my ancient rig

AMD FX 8120 (yea boi, OG Bulldozer CPU)

RX 570 (I had a HD7950 but when I had to RMA they sent me the 570 because of how old the 7950 was xD) 

Pricey
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2020 at 12:35 AM, ranchitup said:

I am in the market for a new video card. Sticking with AMD due to my FreeSync monitor. Current specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 XTR 8 GB

16gb ram

Acer XF270HU 27" IPS FreeSync Gaming Monitor 144 Hz 4ms

-----

I have been looking at the Radeon RX 5700, specifically the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT DirectX 12 100416NT+SESR 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Video Card, SPECIAL EDITION for approximately $459 on Newegg. I've heard good things about the RX 5700. I'm not too worried about bottle necking since I plan on upgrading my Ryzen processor within the next 6 months or so.

Is the Sapphire Nitro+ worth it and is the one I picked out overkill? Should I hold out for a while for a new video card or is now a good time?

Im playing on the 5700XT AMD blower card and a ryzen 3600 . i havent had a problem with it. i have to raise the fans to keep cool but that is standard with a blower card. handles everything i throw at it so far. 

the saphire version will be better as the cooling is far superior. 

Edited by Pricey

CA8OOS3

I use a 5700xt 50th Anniversary but I have it watercooled..I like it..no issues with it at all