Sign in to follow this  
Britainnic

Legendary Missions

Britainnic

I wanted to put some of my thoughts down regarding Legendary Missions with the hope it will help others getting through them successfully. These are based my experiences so far within these missions, ideas have come experimentation. Input from squad mates and other areas of the Division 2 community.

·         C/C – Crowd Control is essential part of the squad (Skill build player should work towards Blind & EMP effects with Skill Haste & Status Effect main goals):

o   Blind - Helps with preventing enemies shooting you! They will still run around but with the status effect on them, they won’t do as much damage.

o   EMP – Great to knock out the mechanicals… Dog’s & Tracked Tanks, knocked out mechanicals do no damage!

·         C/C player will need to be spot on with communication, who they are blinding or when the EMP pulse is being used. This will give the DPS folks time to taking the effect enemies out without taking too much damage.

·         C/C player should when/if possible be the closet to the enemies for better coverage with the crowd effect skills, trying not to draw to much attention your main job is crowd control not DPS!

·         When needing to fall back (Trust me you will do at some point) do so under the cover of blinded effect when possible.

·         Times to pull back:

o   When being flanked in open areas or losing the battlefield you have chosen to fight from.

o   When enemies have a heal hive up, if unable to destroy from current position best to pull back so they don’t have the heal aura.

o   When it’s better to have long corridors of fire for DPS folks to chew through the enemies, who will take longer to get to you because of the long distance, while under fire. C/C will hinder them while they take damage increasing time in the open for the DPS folks to have fun.

o   When the heavies arrive for the reason above given. (Tough SoB’s! Backpacks and Ammo Belts are priority targets on these guys)

·         With regards to both Roosevelt & District Union the squad composition I’d go for is as follows:

o   1 C/C – Blind & EMP skills

o   2 DPS – Revive & Decoy skills

o   1 DPS – Revive & Banshee skills

§  Can swap and change skills for different fights, Decoys are great for drawing fire away from squad, blind, EMP and Banshee great crowd control. We have found that Fire Turrets are great at taking out drones quickly!

§  The above composition could change for Constitution Hall

·         Communication and Patience are key, these are not Challenging or Heroic missions. The enemy AI is a different kind of monster in Legendary.

o   Will push you hard.

o   Will try and flank you where possible.

o   Snipers will snipe from a distance.

o   Heavies are tough SoB’s

o   Grenadiers will wreck you.

o   Damage hurts….

·         You are fighting a larger force with reinforcements arriving via helicopter in certain fights, more skills at their disposal.

o   Choose the battlefield you dictate the battle where possible.

o   Use choke points.

o   Don’t be afraid to pull back when required, can prevent a squad wipe.

Thanks to Sneaky, Carnage, Raider, Tallin, Preacher and Poge for the teaming in the last three missions and the different ideas brought to the table for experimentation. As mentioned above I hope these tips help other clan members achieve success in these missions, I happy to help where I can either advice or teaming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

AgentSerro

This is very well thought out and I find really helpful, thank you for taking the time to post this should be a great help for many. 👍

Britainnic

This video may help explain legendary missions better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Britainnic

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

My game is Legendary Missions, nothing I like more than finding solutions to situations. In this case it was the Legendary Missions, after watching videos and reading guides about the different missions I decided to give them ago! Starting with District Union, then Roosevelt Island and finally Capitol Hill which is considered the hardest of the three.

I place the missions in my opinion of hardest to easiest.

• Capitol Hill
  • District Union
  • Roosevelt Island

My next objective is to get as many of the clan who would like to try these missions through successfully, if you'd like to try let me know either here or when you see me in game. Please read the notes at the start of the post as may help you know what to expect, I'll always start with doing Roosevelt Island if someone in the team hasn't done a Legendary before as it's the easiest in my opinion and a good stepping stone onto the other two.

• Roosevelt - 3 x DPS, 1 x SE - "Skills will change within the mission for different situations"

Hopefully we'll have more members completing these missions, I'd like to thank the folks who have helped me accomplish the first part of my objective which was completing the missions.

Brit

• Like 1

AgentSerro

This is awesome, really appreciate you getting me thru the Roosevelt legendary!

If you or anyone need an extra person to help with legendries, just let me know and I will be more then happy to help out.

Would be great to get all of our members thru there legendary missions, if you need help with anything just let me know and I will back you up anyway that I can for this.

Britainnic

Another successful District Union Legendary completed today, no wipes straight run through in 1hr 30mins approx.

Preacher, Tallin, Linky & Brit

DPS - Preacher & Linky

TANK/DPS - Tallin

SE - Brit

• Like 2

USMC_Tallin
3 hours ago, Britainnic said:

Another successful District Union Legendary completed today, no wipes straight run through in 1hr 30mins approx.

Preacher, Tallin, Linky & Brit

DPS - Preacher & Linky

TANK/DPS - Tallin

SE - Brit

That was fun !

• Like 2

Sneaky_RAFP

Legendary Roosevelt Island completed tonight with the team consisting of Preacher, Linky, Raiders9595 & Sneaky.

DPS - Preacher, Linky & Raiders9595

SE - Sneaky

Took a bit longer than I hoped to complete but we got there with only one wipe near the start and 2 on the final boss due to silly mistakes on my behalf 😞

No Exotics dropped 😞

• Like 3

Britainnic
9 hours ago, SilentDiver said:

Legendary Roosevelt Island completed tonight with the team consisting of Preacher, Linky, Raiders9595 & Sneaky.

DPS - Preacher, Linky & Raiders9595

SE - Sneaky

Took a bit longer than I hoped to complete but we got there with only one wipe near the start and 2 on the final boss due to silly mistakes on my behalf 😞

No Exotics dropped 😞

Great stuff 😀

• Like 2

Poge

Got a healer/CC build and a tank build.

• Like 2

Britainnic

Congrats to Toetag for his first successful Legendary completion on Roosevelt.

Team: Toetag, Linky, Tallin & Brit

Two Bighorns dropped on this run 🙂 

• Like 1

CarnageINC-

@Britainnic please start posting those who have gone through a Legendary for the first time on the ELLG post, thats what its there for.

• Like 1

Britainnic

Bit of fun this evening with Sneaky aka @SilentDiver, we managed to duo over half way through District Union Legendary with 1 Skill Damage build and 1 DPS we came unstuck in the Shopping Mall area. With Heavies pushing us, they haven't nerfed the range of the stinger hive 😛 

Happy to get as far as we did with just two of us! We will try again...

• Like 2

AgentSerro
4 hours ago, Britainnic said:

Bit of fun this evening with Sneaky aka @SilentDiver, we managed to duo over half way through District Union Legendary with 1 Skill Damage build and 1 DPS we came unstuck in the Shopping Mall area. With Heavies pushing us, they haven't nerfed the range of the stinger hive 😛 

Happy to get as far as we did with just two of us! We will try again...

Once I can find a little more time to actually play the game, would really like to do all the legendries. So far only done the one with you at Roosevelt island. 

• Like 2

Britainnic
5 hours ago, AgentSerro said:

Once I can find a little more time to actually play the game, would really like to do all the legendries. So far only done the one with you at Roosevelt island. 

Just let me know when Serro and we'll get them done 👍

• Like 2

Sneaky_RAFP
8 hours ago, Britainnic said:

Just let me know when Serro and we'll get them done 👍

Count me in need more practise with my CC build 🙂

• Like 2