Sign in to follow this  
AnarchY

Major Upgrade

AnarchY

I just upgraded from an I5 4670K to a Ryzen 9 3900X and 16GB 1866MHz to 16GB 3600MHz and went from a shitty old Acer 24" 60hz monitor to a MSI 27" Curved 165hz with G-Sync/Freesync.

Still kept my MSI 980TI for now.. waiting until the new cards come out.

Just installing PUBG and Deadside right now and then I'll be back owning noobs again. 🙂 

• Like 2

0xygenthief

Congrats!  I did the exact same upgrade myself this past Fall.  Stuck with my 1080ti as I didn't think the 2000 series cards are worth the cost considering the performance of the 1080ti.

How hot is yours running?  At stock settings with the MSI motherboard I have it couldn't pass Prime95 burnin testing, temps getting up over 90 C before manually shutting things down.  Watched a little Jayz two cents and tried my hand at undervolting my rig.  Was able to establish a 4.15 OC while sticking to voltages similar to what he recommended.  With the OC and undervolt I am able to perform the Prime95 burn-in test successfully and still keep temps below 80 C.  

AnarchY

@0xygenthief I'm running around 50C with little to no load and while I was just playing PUBG and Deadside my max temp reached was 67C. I am still running a Corsair H60 water cooler that I had originally on my I5 4670K.

0xygenthief

Try a prime 95 burn-in test just to see.  I am running an NZXT 280 AIO (can't remember the name) and still got those high temps with stock voltages.  I even unseated and reapplied the TIM as I thought I had royally screwed up, but got the same results with both runs prior to undervolting.

What MOBO did you chose?

• Like 1

AnarchY
Posted (edited)

@0xygenthief I went with a MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard. My 980TI is a MSI as well as my last Mobo. I have always had really good luck with MSI products.

Edited by AnarchY

0xygenthief

That's awesome, I debated getting that one myself.  I ultimately chose the Carbon Pro instead.  I agree MSI has some quality products.  My only gripe is the boot time.  Every MSI I have ever had suffered from it .  Again, congrats on the new build!

Now we just need to get you to upgrade to an ultra-wide monitor when you upgrade that graphics card...